SMF mod - bookmarks for forum topics

Great idea, thanks for suggesting JonnyRadar, so I can now bookmark all like-to-reads and have-to-reads and don't bother my browser too much.

Mr. Scott said:
I did the manual install because we don't use the default forum theme. The problem was that you have to specifically set permissions for each user group to make the bookmarks stuff show up - which they didn't bother to mention! :rolleyes:

So, it should be showing up for everyone now.

Thank you Mr. Scott. I really like it. Very useful. :thup:

And thank you to Jonny Radar for mentioning it. :clap:

The problem was that you have to specifically set permissions for each user group to make the bookmarks stuff show up

Perhaps I am not looking for it in the right place? May I request that I am added for the above permissions?

Many thanks,
Lar

Lauranimal said:
The problem was that you have to specifically set permissions for each user group to make the bookmarks stuff show up

Perhaps I am not looking for it in the right place? May I request that I am added for the above permissions?

Many thanks,
Lar

Hi Lauranimal,

You should see it at the top of your screen with the little buttons like Home Help Search....

And you can put it in your bookmarks with the button at the top of the post where you see Reply Add Bookmark Notify...

See the 2 images below:

Attachments

• toolbar.gif
    toolbar.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
  • toolbar2.gif
    toolbar2.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 2
YES!!! Thank you !!! Found it!

I am back to being Unreasonably Happy over this!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

This is a really great idea :D Thank you both Jonny Radar and Mr. Scott for making everyone elses life a little easier!

GotoGo said:
Yes, it showed up!! Thank you Mr. Scott and JonnyRadar for asking this!
This will become a very useful function for sure. :thup:

I agree. I've already filled my browser bookmarks to capacity, so this is very useful. Brilliant idea!

As a newby, the bookmark function was the first function that i used... 'taking it for granted'.... until i came upon this thread and quickly realised that 'it wasn't always this way'... hmm there is a lesson in there somewhere...

Yes, thank you for this nice functional utility, Mr Scott and JonnyRadar. :)

Back
Top Bottom