six stroke engine

Rhansen

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
This is a little off topic from the usual discussion here but was wondering if anybody has seen this yet?

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060227/FREE/302270007/1023/THISWEEKSISSUE

"Bruce Crower has lived, breathed and built hot engines his whole life. Now he's working on a cool one-one that harnesses normally-wasted heat energy by creating steam inside the combustion chamber, and using it to boost the engine's power output and also to control its temperature.

"I've been trying to think how to capture radiator losses for over 30 years," explains the veteran camshaft grinder and race engine builder. "One morning about 18 months ago I woke up, like from a dream, and I knew immediately that I had the answer.""

Also occured to me that one might get a similar effect by using hydrous alchohol fuel (40-50% H2O?).

Probably you are aware of the fact that there are hundreds if not thousands of stories of this kind on the net. What is so particular about this one?

It's the first that I am aware of. Or do you imply that it is not legit? This does not appear to be a gimmik IMO.

Rhansen said:
It's the first that I am aware of. Or do you imply that it is not legit? This does not appear to be a gimmik IMO.
You can't say whether it is legit or not unless you try it. What is so amusing about being able to bulid an engine that needs less gas? There are many such inventions around. But their use is being strongly "discouraged" by the governments and companies that collect profits from the sales of fuels.

ark said:
[ What is so amusing about being able to bulid an engine that needs less gas?
Not so interested in the fuel savings as the idea of using the residual heat to generate an additional power stroke and also that it no longer requires a cooling system.

Back
Top Bottom