Signs Economic Commentary (Suggestion for setup)

eric2k

The Force is Strong With This One
I love Signs Editorial:"Signs Economic Commentary"

My issue is with the fact to read over previous issues again like i do often after reading the first time, I have to dig through the SCOTT archive to find it and look through a bunch of dates to find it. IT IS A WASTE OF SO MUCH TIME.

What i suggest is, very simple. Setup a page that simply lists all the dates and direct link and a breif descrption for the Commentary date link.

EXAMPLE OF HOW IT WOULD BE...

Signs Economic Commentary Editorial Archive

Economic Commentary for June 5, 2006 Discussion of Enron and other topics

Economic Commentary for May 29, 2006 Discussion of GOLD and other topics

Economic Commentary for May 15, 2006 Discussion of currency collapse and other topics

If you guys are to busy to do this.. i will go through the WHOLE SCOTT news archive and make a complete page from start to finsh with all the links like how i did in this example......

Thoughts on this guys??

Well, most of the search problems would be more easily and automagically solved if we could find a search engine that was good, preferably free, and that doesn't require manual entry of every page on the site.

So, if anybody knows of a good search engine, drop us a line!

eric2k said:
I love Signs Editorial:"Signs Economic Commentary"
Thank you Eric! I'm glad you find it useful.

eric2k said:
My issue is with the fact to read over previous issues again like i do often after reading the first time, I have to dig through the SCOTT archive to find it and look through a bunch of dates to find it. IT IS A WASTE OF SO MUCH TIME.

What i suggest is, very simple. Setup a page that simply lists all the dates and direct link and a breif descrption for the Commentary date link.

EXAMPLE OF HOW IT WOULD BE...

Signs Economic Commentary Editorial Archive

Economic Commentary for June 5, 2006 Discussion of Enron and other topics

Economic Commentary for May 29, 2006 Discussion of GOLD and other topics

Economic Commentary for May 15, 2006 Discussion of currency collapse and other topics

If you guys are to busy to do this.. i will go through the WHOLE SCOTT news archive and make a complete page from start to finsh with all the links like how i did in this example......

Thoughts on this guys??
I don't know if there is room on the Signs page for that kind of an archive index, but, as Hkoehli mentioned, I put each Economic Commentary in a blog. On the blog there are just dates, no subject headings or indexes. If you wanted to go through all of them like your example, that would be awesome. I could put them in the right panel links in the blog. It would be a fair amount of work, though, so if you can't get to it, I could in the next several weeks.

Don

Don

http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/editorials/index.php with fire fox's find works good enough

The page only has 2006 archive, perhapes add the past few years of editorials to the page eventually? That is MUCH better then my orignal idea, its what i wanted but with everything :P. I actaully originally wanted to ask for what you setup there but thought it would be to much to ask for. You guys never stop amazing me :P

Then THAT BLOG , THANK YOU DONALD

Scott said:
So, if anybody knows of a good search engine, drop us a line!
Lucene:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html

Apple uses it for their iTunes store, and .mac (in the works). It uses file based indexes instead of database based.

Lucene is Java based, but there are some ports:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneImplementations

Dominique.

Back
Top Bottom