Session 7 November 1998

Q: Alright: 'mathematics converts to sound in geometric measurements.' When we set up these figures...

A: Imagine an interlocking triangular mosaic in three dimensions.

Q: When one wishes to apply this, does one somehow... Is the sound inside one?

A: It is all around and through you.

Q: Is it a sound that can be perceived with the physical ears?

A: Yes.

Q: What frequency?

A: Not issue. Tone.

Q: Tone and...

A: Vibratory pitch.

Q: Well, if that is the case... is the tone something that is produced by a series of tones at 'mathematical distances' from one another that relate to prime numbers... chords, that is?

A: Best to reach when graspable.

Q: If these tones are produced either in sequence or in conjunction, are they based on the musical scale with which we are familiar?

A: See last response.
When I compose a piece I use both Fibonacci and prime numbers. My themes and phrases are constructed usually from 7, 11, or 13. These I’ll divide by multiplying by .618 to get my phrase structure; i.e. 7x.618=4.326 leading to a 4 measures plus 3 measure phrase). I also use this method with larger primes to create my larger structure, sections, and sub sections. Basic tonal chords derived from the scale are based on a third relationship moving ; 1 3 5 7, musically termed root, third, fifth seventh. Themes are developed through elements such as permutations, geometric projections (adding 1, 2, or 3 semitones to the intervals in the them/s), along with inversion and retrograde manipulation (usually not all at the same time).

It may allude to the so-called music of primes and Riemann's symphony known from the Zeta function.
After reading this article and looking at the different spirals I find myself wracking my brain to find a connection! My music theory knowledge is quite advanced but my math skills are very limited. I can fully understand the C’s last two answers!

I now understand why С told Ark to work with fractals! Numbers without visualization are just numbers. Gravity is the interaction of prime numbers. And all the secrets of the universe are hidden in the exceptions to the rules. ;) In all that is unstable.) Otherwise all the flowers on earth would be the same. Why does a pattern change or bifurcation occur?
(And why weren't we taught this in school?) ))
Feigenbaum's Chaos - wow! That's so cool!
We already have the Gravitational constant and the Hubble constant. (approximately 6.66).
What about unstable gravitational waves? ;)

Where is the "Science is Simple" section for uneducated housewives here? ))))

Last edited:
I now understand why С told Ark to work with fractals! Numbers without visualization are just numbers. Gravity is the interaction of prime numbers. And all the secrets of the universe are hidden in the exceptions to the rules. ;) In all that is unstable.) Otherwise all the flowers on earth would be the same. Why does a pattern change or bifurcation occur?
(And why weren't we taught this in school?) ))
Feigenbaum's Chaos - wow! That's so cool!
We already have the Gravitational constant and the Hubble constant. (approximately 6.66).
What about unstable gravitational waves? ;)

Where is the "Science is Simple" section for uneducated housewives here? ))))

how do you know that gravity is the "interaction" of prime numbers??

It's obvious to me.
Gravity is the interaction of elementary particles.
(But you have a source you can ask if this is true).

A: Mathematics converts to sound in geometric measurements. Why do you think the pyramid became a pyramid?
1700354975823.png
"Who would have thought that adding a Sierpinski Triangle Fractal as musical notes would actually sound good!😅"

Interesting stuff. I checked out the Jazzband link further down the comments area, also cool. I found I lost interest rather easily with both performances as they were musically static. Bach’s Inventions and Fugues are an excellent example of fractals in music. A theme can be both augmented (note values doubled) or diminished (note values halved). Within a piece, both the augmented and diminished theme are used against each other. At times, Bach will use the altered theme inverted. A score is recommended when searching for these occurrences.

"Ode to Joy."

1=587,32 Hz
Or do all numbers need to be written in hertz?
If a graph is to be made, do I need to specify the duration of the notes? The picture will change.

How do you make a fractal out of that?
I don't have such a program.

Absolutely astounding to watch! If only I could understand the spoken language as well as the mathematical language… (sigh!) I will be watching this several more times throughout my day. Thank you Cruiseraurora! :-)
Do you know how to get the English subtitles?
If you click on the cogwheel, a menu with options appears. Click on subtitles; it says Russian (auto-generated). Change it to auto-translate and pick your favorite language! Et voilà! (of course subtitles needs to be activated by clicking the with box with cc)

Last edited:
Ode to Joy."

1=587,32 Hz
Or do all numbers need to be written in hertz?
If a graph is to be made, do I need to specify the duration of the notes? The picture will change.

How do you make a fractal out of that?
I don't have such a program.
Reduce the rhythmic values of the melody by 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/16 or 1/32 or 1/64 etc. Also keep in mind that, no matter what scale you use, or what key your transpose the melody into, the scale degrees will always remain the same;
Ode to Joy."

Back
Top Bottom