Sense of Urgency

slowone

Jedi Master
Hi to all,
I haven't been on the Forum for a while, I have been reading "The Gods of Eden" and "Where Troy once Stood". Trying to take in all the infromation presented.

I just wondered if anyone else is feeling a sense of urgency heightening at the moment or if it's just me? I've been buying the rest of the recommended book list(some are out of print and expensive so I had been avoiding) just in case I run out of time. It's given me a good sense of focus with regard to "The Work" but seems strangely unreal because I can't pin it down precisely.

I don't know if it's me getting wrapped up in a mind program of my own or a true reflection of the building pressure of events.

If I have missed a recent link on this I apologise. I did look on a search.

Sometimes it's hard to gauge as with relation to most of my friends and family my beliefs are so "out there" that I can't discuss other than in the broadest terms.

Would love to hear from anyone else.

Regards to all

Things seem to have been in 'urgent' mode around here for quite a while now.

perhaps this sudden sense of urgency you feel, comes from suddenly discovering a large amount of new data, trawling through the various reading material? If 'Gods of Eden' etc lies completely outside of your previous world view, then it is understandable that this would provide quite a shock, or 'rush', when you finally start to internalise it.

Some days, and lately those days seem more frequent, I do feel a sense of anxiety. Urgency, for me, is not really a great way to describe my feeling, however, because I don't feel like there's really anything that I can do about what may or may not happen.

This sense of anxiety has been with me since I first began reading material put together through Laura. And this anxiety seems to have calmed down some over the years.

However, lately, I do feel that pieces are undeniably falling into place at an escalated pace and it is often with a strange combination of dread and anticipation that I read the top news pages each morning.

It reminds me of when I go hiking in the "back country" here in Montana. There's this strange anxiety that I may encounter a grizzly bear. Part of me thinks: wouldn't that be awesome and incredible? The other part of me thinks: wouldn't that be dreadful? Am I ready to die today?

Nomad said:
Things seem to have been in 'urgent' mode around here for quite a while now.

perhaps this sudden sense of urgency you feel, comes from suddenly discovering a large amount of new data, trawling through the various reading material? If 'Gods of Eden' etc lies completely outside of your previous world view, then it is understandable that this would provide quite a shock, or 'rush', when you finally start to internalise it.

I thought long and hard about your reply which was good for me to do. I don't think it's that. I have read all of "The Wave" series and "Secret History of the World" Carlos Castaneda and Ouspensky. I am working my way through the list and trying to read as much as possible here on the forum.

I just noticed that for the first time ever I have begun to acknowledge that I might run out of time, for instance buying up the books on the book list in case I can't get them in the future either because they are unavailable or because of a major breakdown in communications worldwide.

I think that I have shifted to begin to think the "unthinkable" that this way of living is going to end in my lifetime and I may witness it, if you see what I mean.

It all seems a bit more "real". I agree with Kel about the mix of anxiety and excitement. I am going to try to meditate more to see if I can self reflect on it more. Thanks for the responses.

I too feel a sense of urgency. I've also been buying books in advance, so to speak. I wouldn't describe it as anxiety -- I'm not fretful -- or anticipation even because I don't know what the future holds exactly. (Although reading the news on SOTT lets me know that it won't be ideal for the vast majority of humanity in terms of what the PTB has in store for us.) I feel that I don't have time to waste and I want to use this time to learn more about the world and myself.

Along with this sense of urgency, I also feel a kind of slowing down or more of an appreciation of interactions with others as there is always something to learn there as well.

It's somewhat difficult to describe this feeling.

This is an "exciting" time to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom