Seed bar

Ollie

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
A friend asked me about matrices for holding seeds together in a bar that could be used as a snack. This is the second version, and is adapted from a recipe that uses honey as the matrix. There are several options that can be used to produce different tasting seed bars.

Ingredients:
90g (1/2C) pumpkin seeds
90g (1/2C) sunflower seeds
1tbsp Rapadura*
1/4C (63ml) coconut oil
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp salt

Options to add either separately or both of them together.
1/2C desiccated coconut
1/4C carob powder

*Rapadura is the trade name for dehydrated cane sugar juice, is rich in minerals, and mimics the chemical properties of sugar. Like Xylitol it needs to be used in moderation. Mixed with the coconut oil, the combination is used as a substitute for honey. Rapadura has been used in India for thousands of years.

Method:
Soak the seeds overnight, blot dry, and grind smaller.

Melt coconut oil, measure and pour into a saucepan, add Rapadura, vanilla extract, salt, and the optional carob powder if used, and stir. Add ground seeds, and optional desiccated coconut if used and combine all the ingredients together with a metal spoon.

Spoon seed bar mix into a lined container and press down flat with the back of the spoon. Place the filled container in a fridge to cool the seed mixture. After about an hour remove, lift out the seed mix and cut into bars.

All variations work well.

I've just replied to your Date Seed bar but this sounds even better, it has all my favourites in it. Salivatingly good. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom