"See it - Report it" Form handed out at work.....

Cyre2067

The Living Force
So im in the process of trying to get a picture of it up, alas we've been propagandized here at work. Apparently, this morning, local police officers and the local homeland security office handed out a stack of flyers that contain the following:

Buckingham Township Police Dept
US Dpet of Homeland Security
"See it - Report it"
USHS is actively seeking information regarding suspicious activity in your area to prevent terrorist activity or an attack.
Some surveillance techniques include: taking pictures of infrastructures, collecting intelligence in critical areas, taking notes as well as making maps.
The Buckingham Twp PD & Homeland Security Intelligence Unit is looking for your support.
Forward any information, even if it appears insignificant, to:
police@.... or police.homelandsecurity@....
or
Fax infromation of any incidents to BTPD .... or .... Attn: PPD-HSIU
BTPD can be contacted .... or PPD-HSIU ...
Civilians can also utilize the Police 9-1-1 system to report activity
Im a bit shocked. Don't know whether to call and give them a piece of my mind or keep my mouth shut, leaning toward the latter at present, but i am highly offended by this overt bit of facist "report on your neighbor" bit that is clearly borrowed from nazi germany. Really gets my emotions all in a huff.

Yeah I would be all worked up as well if I got the flyer.
Better not call them I'd say.

It's not like it's only the US that gets that Citizen watch call, Here in Brussels, there will be an increased police force aimed at "citizen proximity" asking the help of everyone to report "suspicious" activities.

Tigersoap said:
Yeah I would be all worked up as well if I got the flyer.
Ditto. Seriously scary stuff. And, clearly, anyone who would object to it, should automatically be considered "suspicious" as well....

Wow. Your TOWNSHIP has a "PD and Homeland Security Intelligence unit"?
(I, of course, forget these things in the city, where there's no doubt of this sort of thing going on, and quite visibly, to boot.)

I guess the elements really are in place now. Coming to a small town near you.....Fascism!

Shortly after 9/11/01 in my apartment complex when I was living in Illinois, received a notice very similar to this one which was then passed to all of the occupants.. To say the least, I was unnerved. I haven't seen anything like that sense reading this post. Looks like they are pumping people up for something or another again.

Which reminds me, my hometown is getting a 'homeland security office,' or at least as rumored by the local newspapers. What is really creepy is that in the past four years I've been here I've seen numerous government aircraft fly over. Yes we are within 150 miles of the nearest air force base, yet this activity seems to be, not only entirely ignored by the local media, but a seeming 'normal thing.'

Same thing's happening here. I've thought about 'dobbing in' my cats as 'terrorists', but I reccon you'd get into more trouble if you did. These people take population control VERY seriously.

Cyre2067 said:
So im in the process of trying to get a picture of it up, alas we've been propagandized here at work. Apparently, this morning, local police officers and the local homeland security office handed out a stack of flyers that contain the following:

Buckingham Township Police Dept
US Dpet of Homeland Security
"See it - Report it"
USHS is actively seeking information regarding suspicious activity in your area to prevent terrorist activity or an attack.
Some surveillance techniques include: taking pictures of infrastructures, collecting intelligence in critical areas, taking notes as well as making maps.
The Buckingham Twp PD & Homeland Security Intelligence Unit is looking for your support.
Forward any information, even if it appears insignificant, to:
police@.... or police.homelandsecurity@....
or
Fax infromation of any incidents to BTPD .... or .... Attn: PPD-HSIU
BTPD can be contacted .... or PPD-HSIU ...
Civilians can also utilize the Police 9-1-1 system to report activity
Im a bit shocked. Don't know whether to call and give them a piece of my mind or keep my mouth shut, leaning toward the latter at present, but i am highly offended by this overt bit of facist "report on your neighbor" bit that is clearly borrowed from nazi germany. Really gets my emotions all in a huff.
This whole thing reminds me greatly of the society in which I grew up. It was in former Yugoslavia, with the communist government and PARTIJA (Communist party) in control. If you wanted any kind of proper job - one had to be a member of Partija, but even that was not enough, cause it was encouraged to report anyone who acted "suspiciously". That meant anyone could report anybody for saying things that were not absolutely aligned with Partija's doctrines, or having "susspicious" guests in the house, or simply "looked" susspicious, for almost any reason at all.

That opened the door for reporting people because of somebody's private agendas, I remember my grandparents warning my other family's members, all the time, to be careful what they say, with whom they talk, not to go out late at night and to avoid any confrontations for any reason at all... cause there was always a good chance that other person could report them as "a susspect" simply becouse of the dislikes or some other hidden agenda!

People, including my grandfather and my uncle, were taking into "investigate questioning" often, luckily they always returned home, not like many others- whom ended up in prisons or simply vanished in the dark for good.

"The enemy" term was used all through the history to create a fear among the public and then insert laws which suits oligarchy. Now the new enemy-invention are "terrorists". Reading about this flayers - gives me chills all through my spine and makes me wonder things like: What if I go to some of those towns, to visit a friend.. and walk around with my camera, taking pictures of buildings and people on the street, as I often do, sometimes for hours, and... being a foreigner ... Could I be reported as a "probable terorist"?!? (there goes chills again...)

Color said:
"The enemy" term was used all through the history to create a fear among the public and then insert laws which suits oligarchy. Now the new enemy-invention are "terrorists". Reading about this flayers - gives me chills all through my spine and makes me wonder things like: What if I go to some of those towns, to visit a friend.. and walk around with my camera, taking pictures of buildings and people on the street, as I often do, sometimes for hours, and... being a foreigner ... Could I be reported as a "probable terorist"?!? (there goes chills again...)
Well that's the rub. People walking around my town taking pictures of old buildings and cool architecture is the norm. It's even an assignment in some photo classes @ the local high schools.

Luckily, I haven't seen them anywhere posted up or anything. They just went around handing them out at work as if it was some sort of bad joke ("Oh those silly police, I guess they really care about us! hahahaha"), no one seemed to 'read between the lines' on the deeper meaning of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom