Samozdrav Breathing Device - Inexpensive HBOT Alternative?

I´ve been using Samozdrav for 30 days on phase 1 - each day 1 minute more until I reached 30mins.
I did not notice any major improvement at that time except that my nose was not clogged anymore and my cough lessened (probably because of my nose).

Then I had a break for +2 weeks now, and I noticed that my nose got clogged again and I cough more.
Yesterday, I continued with phase 1 and did it again for 30mins.
Today, my nose is less clogged again, so IDK, it could be because of Samozdrav, it could be because of all the supplements I took, IDK.... 🤷‍♀️

I have a question.
In the instructions, it is said that each phase is 1 - 1,5 months, while in the video it is said that each phase is 1,5 months.
When one increases 1min every day, one hits 30mins in 1 month.

What did you do then? Stayed on 30mins for 2 more weeks (until full 1,5 months) or did you move directly to phase 2 (direct after hitting 30mins, which is in fact after 1 month)?

from what I could get by reading this is not simply a restrictive device like $5 dollar "diaphragm trainers" but something you're able to regulate the co2 levels in air stored inside(is that why the funny saucer shape)?
or is the co2 increase a function of restriction/exertion itself?

I´ve been using Samozdrav for 30 days on phase 1 - each day 1 minute more until I reached 30mins.
I did not notice any major improvement at that time except that my nose was not clogged anymore and my cough lessened (probably because of my nose).

Then I had a break for +2 weeks now, and I noticed that my nose got clogged again and I cough more.
Yesterday, I continued with phase 1 and did it again for 30mins.
Today, my nose is less clogged again, so IDK, it could be because of Samozdrav, it could be because of all the supplements I took, IDK.... 🤷‍♀️

I have a question.
In the instructions, it is said that each phase is 1 - 1,5 months, while in the video it is said that each phase is 1,5 months.

What did you do then? Stayed on 30mins for 2 more weeks (until full 1,5 months) or did you move directly to phase 2 (direct after hitting 30mins, which is in fact after 1 month)?
I went to phase 2 after I hit 30 minutes in Phase 1. I started at 3 minutes, so I probably only went for 27 days, I didn't count the days, just the minutes! ;-)

got the samozdrav on the mail today, instructions are a bit confusing when it says:

Insert the cup cover in the cup so that digit ”1” on the cover is opposite the cup marking.

that's actually on the marking not opposite right?

the RMV table i didn't understand either is high RMV and low CO² in blood good? but then at the beginning of the manual it says the purpose is to threat CO² deficiency..

got the samozdrav on the mail today, instructions are a bit confusing when it says:

that's actually on the marking not opposite right?
This visual will make it easier for you to assemble the Samozdrav:

the RMV table i didn't understand either is high RMV and low CO² in blood good? but then at the beginning of the manual it says the purpose is to threat CO² deficiency..
I refer you to this post by Gaby on the Bohr effect:
I got the Samozdrav ventilator and read the information about it. Apparently, it was originally developed by Russian scientists and doctors for their cosmonauts. Now it is commercialized for anyone for who needs to improve their health. It does have some contraindications, though. It helps with oxygen utilization in the body, and this is explained by the Bohr effect:

The Bohr effect explains the cell’s oxygen release or why red blood cells unload oxygen in tissues, while carbon dioxide (CO2) is the key player in O2 transport due to vasodilation and the Bohr law. The Bohr law was first described in 1904 by the Danish physiologist Christian Bohr (father of famous physicist Niels Bohr).

What is the Bohr effect in simple terms (for dummies)?​

Bohr effect in healthy people​

The Bohr effect is a normal process in healthy people since healthy people have normal breathing at rest and normal arterial CO2 levels. How does the Bohr law work? As we know, oxygen is transported in the blood by hemoglobin in red blood cells (called “erythrocytes”). How do these red blood cells know where to release more oxygen and where less? Or why do they unload more oxygen at all? Why is O2 released in tissues? The red blood cells sense higher concentrations of CO2 in tissues and release oxygen in such places.

Bohr effect explained: How CO2 helps to release O2

Bohr effect summary. More oxygen is released in those tissues that have higher absolute and/or relative CO2 values. Note that this is true for healthy people who have normal breathing patterns.

More information about the Bohr effect here: Bohr Effect Oxygen Release Explained in 5 Min : Healthy vs. Sick People

Certain breathing exercises like the ones that Patrick McKeown promote (via Mercola, etc) may have the same effects, but the device was designed for older and sick people who might not learn so easily the subtleties of breathing exercises. With the Samozdrav, there's also some oxygen coming in along the CO2, it's not like breathing through a closed bag. There are similar concepts like inhaling carbogen (which consists of oxygen and 10% CO2) after an eye stroke in order to improve blood flow while maintaining the oxygenation of the retina by preventing the oxygen‑induced vasoconstriction.

I find the concept of the Samozdrav useful because if you do certain breathing exercises incorrectly, you can potentially have more harmful effects. The device is designed for a build up training in 4 stages. It also comes with a method to calculate your blood CO2 levels - you are supposed to breathe normally and measure the time it takes you to fill it while your nose is pinched. My CO2 levels are low enough (between 3 and 4).

I tried today and I feel I can breathe better. So I'll keep experimenting and will report back.

The Biology of Carbon Dioxide​

Story at a glance:
  • Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a driver of energy production, as it improves the delivery of oxygen into your cells. CO2 also helps protect against the harmful effects of lipid peroxidation
  • CO2 and lactate have opposing effects. Lactate is the byproduct of metabolizing glucose without oxygen in the cytoplasm. So, where lactate causes problems, CO2 has beneficial effects
  • Elevated lactate production is a common theme in diabetes, Alzheimer’s, heart failure, shock and general aging. It promotes inflammation and degrades mitochondrial function. Conversely, low CO2 concentrations have been linked to epileptic seizures, muscle spasms, inflammation, hypothyroidism, stroke and clotting disorders
  • All these issues, whether caused by elevated lactate or low CO2, can be successfully treated with CO2 therapies of various kinds, such as CO2 baths (where CO2 is pumped into the tub, much like bathing in carbonated mineral water) or adding CO2 into standard hyperbaric treatment
  • Simpler ways to raise your tissue content of CO2 include breathing into a paper bag, having an adequate supply of calcium, and supplementing with salt, baking soda or carbonated beverages

Attachments

• carbon-dioxide-biology-pdf.pdf
    433.2 KB · Views: 3

The Underappreciated Role of Carbon Dioxide in Health​

Story at a glance:
  • CO2 is typically thought of as nothing more than a harmful waste product of respiration, but it’s actually a driver of mitochondrial energy production, and it improves the delivery of oxygen into your cells
  • One of the simplest ways to optimize your CO2 is by breathing properly. Most people tend to over-breathe, which causes you to expel too much CO2. Proper breathing involves breathing less and breathing slower. Both of these allow CO2 to build up, and that appears to be part of why breathwork has such wide-ranging benefits
  • To have sufficient CO2 production, you need healthy mitochondria because CO2 is produced exclusively in the Krebs cycle in the mitochondria. If you have mitochondrial dysfunction, if you're hypothyroid or have high levels of inflammation, then you will not be producing enough CO2
  • When your CO2 is too low, your body reverts to an “emergency” vasodilator, nitric oxide (NO). Drawbacks of elevated NO include peroxynitrite species formation and pseudohypoxia. NO also damages the polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) in your cells, and inhibits energy production
  • CO2 combats cancer development by lowering the pH of the cell, thereby allowing extra water to be excreted. This is the opposite of linoleic acid (LA) and estrogen, both of which suck water in and cause the cell to swell. Cellular swelling is a feature of cancer cells

Attachments

• co2-benefits-pdf.pdf
    194.2 KB · Views: 3
I got mine since ... +/- 2 months, and did not open it yet ... but did it today, a few hours before, read the doc, this thread and started with a first 5m.
If i well read, they advise to do it 2x a day if you can afford it.
I was already wondering if :
- starting at 5m, want to reach 30m, this means 25m to add
- doing it 2x a day
If i add +1m at each try, i'll have finished phase 1 in 13 days.
I wonder if there is something wrong doing like this ? But this was just one idea ... one wondering. I think i'll try the following : do it minimum 1x a day, and if i can, do it 2x, and only add +1 minute each day.

I'll also try to re-do the reading of the capnometer one morning. I filled the bag in 2m30+ , which would mean 4,8, for 50y old ... i don't know if it's in the average or not but i do not like this number, i'll try to go up to 6+.

Anyone here who did the full cycle made the test with the capnometer ? This would be nice & interresting to have some stats from those who accomplished the cycle.
Let's write a template, if any here want to answer it, feel free :
Age & Sexe :
Starting date :
Finished date :
Starting CO2 level :
Finishing CO2 level :
Any comment ?
By comment, this could be answering to question like "Were you able to do it fully seriously ?", did you encounter some problems ? Did you see other improvements ?

The Samozdrav is easy to use, and the exercise can be performed while engaged in other activities; good news for those who like to multitask!
I'll definitively use the mask, not the mouth plastic device, but the problem is that except if i put on the mask a strong rubber band to well press the mask on my face, it's not possible to avoid to keep one hand on it in order to well press it on one's face. This means that doing multitasking, which much interrest me, is a bit broken. Yes, i still can read on a screen, use mouse, watch something ... like when i pet my cat when she comes on my knees ( i have then just one hand available), but it limits the options. Even reading a normal book is +/- difficult without your 2 hands free, and what will probably miss me the more is the possibility to use my 2 hands on the keyboard and going on typing at fast speed. I just wanted to ask you if you found a solution for this, or you use(d) the mouth device, or you get used to work with one hand when doing samoz ?

I got mine since ... +/- 2 months, and did not open it yet ... but did it today, a few hours before, read the doc, this thread and started with a first 5m.
- doing it 2x a day
I wonder if there is something wrong doing like this ? But this was just one idea ... one wondering. I think i'll try the following : do it minimum 1x a day, and if i can, do it 2x, and only add +1 minute each day.

I'll also try to re-do the reading of the capnometer one morning. I filled the bag in 2m30+ , which would mean 4,8, for 50y old ... i don't know if it's in the average or not but i do not like this number, i'll try to go up to 6+.

Anyone here who did the full cycle made the test with the capnometer ? This would be nice & interresting to have some stats from those who accomplished the cycle.
Age & Sexe :
Starting date :
Finished date :
Starting CO2 level :
Finishing CO2 level :
Any comment ?
By comment, this could be answering to question like "Were you able to do it fully seriously ?", did you encounter some problems ? Did you see other improvements ?

I'll definitively use the mask, not the mouth plastic device, but the problem is that except if i put on the mask a strong rubber band to well press the mask on my face, it's not possible to avoid to keep one hand on it in order to well press it on one's face. This means that doing multitasking, which much interrest me, is a bit broken. Yes, i still can read on a screen, use mouse, watch something ... like when i pet my cat when she comes on my knees ( i have then just one hand available), but it limits the options. Even reading a normal book is +/- difficult without your 2 hands free, and what will probably miss me the more is the possibility to use my 2 hands on the keyboard and going on typing at fast speed. I just wanted to ask you if you found a solution for this, or you use(d) the mouth device, or you get used to work with one hand when doing samoz ?
i made the same mistake about the stages... they have a minimum fixed time like 2-3 months it's in the manual if you read carefully

I have a question.

As I understand it, the process is that you start from 1 minute at the beginning of each stage, increasing by one minute each day until 30 minutes is reached, then you continue with that until the stage is finished. The length of each stage varies, so there's only 1-2 days at 30 minutes during the first two stages, but three and four can be longer.

I made it to the end of Stage 3, but discontinued using it after that. I was using the maximum length for Stage 3, which is listed as two months. So, doing an extra month at 30 minutes each day became problematic, for some of the reasons dredger has outlined below:

No, unfortunately not. I discovered that during Stage 3, because it becomes harder to draw breath through the device, you pretty much need to use one hand continuously to keep the mask sealed on your face to prevent air leaks. Doing this for 30 minutes per day for just over a month during Stage 3 was very inconvenient. I think the only way around this, in lieu of purchasing a mask that allows a stronger fit, is to use the mouth device.

Regarding the capnometer measurements, my average (across three measurements, taken first thing upon awakening, on contiguous days) improved by about 40 seconds after stage 1.

I've also been thinking about using the Samozdrav as a sort of 'proxy nebuliser', by using a hot, dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide (0.4 - 0.6%) with the Stage 4 protocol, but haven't looked into it yet. With regular EE, Tai Chi and Chi Gong practise, I feel like my breathing is in pretty good shape, so I might just use the Samozdrav as a sort of "top up" now and then.

- doing it 2x a day

Age & Sexe :
Starting date :
Finished date :
Starting CO2 level :
Finishing CO2 level :
Any comment ?

Unfortunately, I've given up using the device, despite making some progress. In my case, it's a long-term or even very long-term process to get my lung function back to a comfortable level.

At the moment, I'm a few weeks into a chronic bronchial crisis with an avalanche of fairly physical work which, combined with my respiratory weakness, makes things a little more difficult, but not impossible.

I wrote about this a little over a year ago:
In some figures my progress under the verification of the capnometer:
Start filling time: 1mn 40 sec.
Breathing volume per minute (RBM): 7,8
CO2 level: 4,1%.
After two months:
2mn 20 sec
4,7%
I think that when I have less workload to do, and the first flowers on fruit trees start to blossom, I'll go back to the Samozdrav!

Hello,
Quick feedback and some notes + questions or at least wonderings.

When i first calculated my CO2 level, i did it the evening, after having unpacked the samoz and filled it in 2m30s as wrotten above.
Yesterday, still being the bed, i did it, and reached 3m54s, which is very good, (this would mean 6%)
This morning, i was specially relaxed and still half-sleeping when i did it, and it took 7m25s to fill the bag !???
I tried again being sat on the bed, more awaken, there it took 3m26, which means CO2 level between 5,6 & 5,7
But , for the 3 previous measurements, i did not use the mouthpiece but the mask, taking care to well press it on my face - reason is that it's not natural for me to breath by the mouth and i prefer the mask so i can breath by the nose, but i was wondering if using the mask distort the result as it's well specified in the manual to use the mouthpiece ?

I searched on the net for devices like the one you can put at your finger to measure the O2 level in the blood, named a Pulse Oxymeter, like this one :
1707825306301.png
... but it seems such easy-to-use device does not exist for CO2 :cry:

What i found is devices, usually expensive, measuring the level of CO2 in the air we breath out, named Capnography, or a capnography monitor (you can find some information on this on this page) - but this does not respond to the question of the CO2 level in the blood, it's another thing - there's maybe a relation between the CO2 level we breath out and its concentration in the blood but that, i don't know, and i would say that they have not much relation.
If such an "easy" device exists (as the one for O2), i would be interrested in purchasing one - maybe they (the industry) did not made researches on this, considering that it's not important/demanded and thus, no market - i'm just wondering if technically, using the same kind of method/technology these Oxymeter use, it would be possible to also quickly monitor de CO2 level in the blood ?

To come back to using the samoz + mask and keep one's 2 hands free, i would be searching for such elastic headband, like the picture here :
1707826443995.png
... i'm currently using a normal (but big and thick) elastic, it's just a little bit uncomfortable but it's doing the job and i can consider doing more things while breathing in the samoz.

Last thing is that as I have now an HBOT at disposal, and the idea does not come from me, it's to use the Samoz within the HBOT. This should produce a strong relative hypoxia-hyperoxia effect - i'll try it !

Back
Top Bottom