Sally Field - Unite Against War...

adam7117

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
The recent news about Sally Field’s anti-war statement during the Emmy Awards really inspired me. It was a very brave thing to do and – without doubt – the neocons will now go out of their way to attack her.

I have found an interesting image of her (source unknown) over at Wikipedia. It was taken during Expo 67 and features that radiant Sally Smile that everyone admires. Here is my artistic take on the recent events.

unite-against-war.jpg

I don't really see that what she did as 'brave' exactly -- it was certainly appropriate and hit on a truth that many people feel -- but it wasn't so 'out there' that it was 'worthy' of censorship by Fox. And so the fact that they STILL censored her comments just goes to show how insanely paranoid Fox really is, which I suppose goes with its psychopathic nature.

_http://www.nypost.com/seven/09182007/tv/not_so_fast.htm

Fox instituted a new policy of cutting away from cursing celebs so that viewers would not be able to read their lips.

The network inserted a pre-taped shot of the auditorium, but the effect was so quick and unexplained that startled viewers were left to wonder what had happened.

Fox's official statement indicated "some language during the live broadcast may have been considered inappropriate by some viewers. As a result, Fox broadcast standards executives determined it appropriate to drop sound during those portions of the show."

Network officials said that FCC fines for broadcasting indecent language were raised last year to $325,000 per incident.

Despite a 2004 FCC ruling that "goddamn" was not indecent, a Fox spokesperson said they were "erring on the side of caution."

But Joan Bertin, the Executive Director for the National Coalition Against Censorship, thinks otherwise.

"This is the absurd result of the FCC's unpredictable ruling on what is and isn't decent on broadcast television . . . It's a little surprising that Fox would be so ultra-cautious, and it is hard for me to believe that the FCC could sustain a decency fine for these particular words."

Well, the reality of television is just that - designed to present a world-view that the pathocrats tailor to keep us in line. Of course they censored her. We can't have people questioning the war in iraq with the war in iran about to get underway....

I mean, think about the timing of the OJ Simpson fiasco in las vegas... convienent they talk about that crap and not the 6 armed nuclear missiles story...

and on top of all that there's the kid who got tasered yesterday for asking John Kerry about his Skull & Bones connections. There's a blip on the local NBC station, but the wires seem to have totally ignored the story.

Back
Top Bottom