Russell Brand: From Actor and Entertainer to... Truth-teller and Enemy of the State?

Why do you say this? Is there something wrong with being baptised? Coming from people who talk to aliens with a ouija board, I find this line of conversation odd.
Ooh, them's fightin' words!

I think Russell's doing great work truthifying the news. There's something about the way he's announcing his 'conversion' (which I only put in quotemarks because I'm not sure it's the right word for what he's undergoing, not because I doubt his sincerity) that is a little 'off'... his slowed, somewhat dramatic tone of voice, perhaps? It's a bit icky and perhaps portends a 'holier-than-thou' attitude going forwards.

Faith, as Putin said when fending off a direct question from Tucker Carlson about what he believes in, is a "matter of the heart." Given his background as a 'famous person', will Brand wear his newfound faith like his favourite sports team's jersey?

Maybe. Or maybe it'll make him more humble. Time will tell.

Last edited:
My first thought of him pronouncing it to the world was he wanted religion to be a topic of discussion. I think it's his way of rebelling against materialism and saying religion had a purpose.

Personally, I'm not quite sure why him being a vegan came into the discussion. At least he's not pushing his veganism on others or advertising it as the lifestyle to have. At the end of the day, it's his life, he's an adult, he can eat what he wants. 🤷

I don't see much that is off with Brand's decision. Many people like to go through symbolic/dramatic rituals when they feel like a new phase in their life begins. Besides, Brand does seem to appeal to a similar audience as Jordan Peterson to a certain extent. He sees himself as a 'Truth Warrior" in a mad mad world, and in the West, a standard rejection of modern day postmodernism or materialism is to convert to some conservative form of Christianity. So that's what he signals to the world through his social media.

Here is where I do not agree with you. The error in the posting does not give anyone any right to judge his religious belief or choices. It is the same like with your health and deciding not to get vaccinated.

We're judging the video which he uploaded to the Internet. The one he specifically invited us to comment on, we're just doing it here instead of the quagmire that is YouTube.

My first thought of him pronouncing it to the world was he wanted religion to be a topic of discussion. I think it's his way of rebelling against materialism and saying religion had a purpose.

Personally, I'm not quite sure why him being a vegan came into the discussion. At least he's not pushing his veganism on others or advertising it as the lifestyle to have. At the end of the day, it's his life, he's an adult, he can eat what he wants. 🤷
From what’s been learned here about growing antennas for receivership capability the vegan diet stunts or warps this growth making the ability to receive truth more difficult and strengthens the Lizzie feeding tube.

From what’s been learned here about growing antennas for receivership capability the vegan diet stunts or warps this growth making the ability to receive truth more difficult and strengthens the Lizzie feeding tube.
If you’re game (and may be little bit nuts or you wanna be a little bit nuts) you could try a plant based diet for yourself and see how it affects you.

In my quest over a decade to find the right diet for me I tried the vegan way of eating twice. Within a few weeks I was flying so high - above everyone else, I was pretty darn amazing and special and here’s the crazy part, I actually developed a messiah complex, I was here to save humanity because I was the second coming of Christ :lol2::rotfl:

I think I’ll stick to my meat based diet from now on.

Why not commenting directly where invitation was made, and directly to the person who made the invitation?
Isn't this a discussion and research forum where all publicly available information can be discussed openly? It sounds as if you are advocating for some kind of allowed and not allowed list for this forum, that one of the rules of the forum should include censorship of your choosing of what can and can't be discussed. Do you think that no other forum(s) on the Internet is/are discussing these same type of things about this issue? Why do you want to ban it from here? What is triggering that emotional conflict in you? So if Trump makes a public comment on some social media we can't discuss it here, we can only reply to him directly on the social media he used? Or how about Netanyahu or fill in the blank. What is your list?

Lots of strange lower emotional and lower intellectual center happenings going on in the forum currently. We definitely need Much more knowledge.

Isn't this a discussion and research forum where all publicly available information can be discussed openly? It sounds as if you are advocating for some kind of allowed and not allowed list for this forum, that one of the rules of the forum should include censorship of your choosing of what can and can't be discussed. Do you think that no other forum(s) on the Internet is/are discussing these same type of things about this issue? Why do you want to ban it from here? What is triggering that emotional conflict in you? So if Trump makes a public comment on some social media we can't discuss it here, we can only reply to him directly on the social media he used? Or how about Netanyahu or fill in the blank. What is your list?

Lots of strange lower emotional and lower intellectual center happenings going on in the forum currently. We definitely need Much more knowledge.
Hi @christx11 , my comment was related to baptism, one's decision to convert to Christianity, hence be baptized. I said that no one has the right to pass judgements on that aspect about someone else's case. Actually, the invitation to comment was for everyone who wants, to share their own experience.

I was baptized Christian Orthodox when I was a small baby. Do you want to talk about that? I am inviting you to ask me details about my baptism event on this platform, and I can provide second hand information about it.

If you’re game (and may be little bit nuts or you wanna be a little bit nuts) you could try a plant based diet for yourself and see how it affects you.

In my quest over a decade to find the right diet for me I tried the vegan way of eating twice. Within a few weeks I was flying so high - above everyone else, I was pretty darn amazing and special and here’s the crazy part, I actually developed a messiah complex, I was here to save humanity because I was the second coming of Christ :lol2::rotfl:

I think I’ll stick to my meat based diet from now on.
I'm a meat eater too 😁

Had a lovely rib eye from the butchers yesterday. Yum yum 😋

I was only saying that Russell, as an adult, can make his own choices on what to eat. If he wants vegan, well, that's his choice 🤷.

Btw, did you notice the squat position he was in in that clip. Supposedly meant to be good for you if you can get to it and hold it for a few minutes regularly.

I'm a meat eater too 😁

Had a lovely rib eye from the butchers yesterday. Yum yum 😋

I was only saying that Russell, as an adult, can make his own choices on what to eat. If he wants vegan, well, that's his choice 🤷.

Btw, did you notice the squat position he was in in that clip. Supposedly meant to be good for you if you can get to it and hold it for a few minutes regularly.
I think you nailed the point of the cognitive dissonance deliberately triggered by the influencer in the topic. On the one hand, the squat position adopted is typical of the "infidels" scattered around the world, who maintain it not for minutes, but for hours at a time, even in public spaces. Even when they indulge in gossip or play, in silly or clever games. On the other hand in itself it is very healthy ( discharge of the lower back, opening of the perineum and consequent load/unloading of energy with the earth), and if viewed with double perception it is also part of those "strange" positions that if maintained for a long time (fixed) are able to stably shift the assemblage point.

Why not commenting directly where invitation was made, and directly to the person who made the invitation?
Because Brand is not doing The Work, in which, as Gurdjieff said, sincerity with everyone is weakness. You imagine we injure Brand by frankly expressing our opinions here rather than directly to him on his social media pages, but in fact by doing it this way we are being externally considerate to him.

Back
Top Bottom