Relocation to countries that will likely maintain personal freedom

Since several EU countries seem to be among the first to slide into totalitarianism, I decided to leave the EU (probably this year). One of my highest priorities in looking at different countries is which ones will likely maintain a high degree of personal freedom in the coming years.

Personally, I would work out the reasons for your move and the list much more precisely. What does "personal freedom" mean in my specific life and situation? If you plan to stay home and write a book, this is different from escaping mandates that close restaurants because you want to have an active social life, to give just one example. For the book writing, you probably need good internet and good logistics to order any books you need from Amazon, and/or a very good library. So you could live without access to restaurants if you get that. And vice-versa, and so on. In other words, it all depends on your specific goals, your ambitions, the life you want to live etc. Thinking along these lines also helps avoid the trap of choosing a country because of their lack of measures, only to see it go tyrannical anyway, or in different ways - because your choice would depend partly on different reasons than just the measures. Just my .2 cents.

I personally have given up on relocating. I feel it is not going to come down to countries, but regions/states/local governments. For example, the situation here in Texas and Florida. The US gov is putting their fist down, but the Texas gov is not, but the county gov is, and then the city gov and so on. You may move to a new country with no official vax mandates, but the county might be doing their best to pass some laws under the table.
Plus, it's important to remember these things can change practically overnight; no restrictions today, but el presidente does a press conference and everything is locked down tomorrow.

Since several EU countries seem to be among the first to slide into totalitarianism, I decided to leave the EU (probably this year). One of my highest priorities in looking at different countries is which ones will likely maintain a high degree of personal freedom in the coming years.

I know that what matters most is "who we are and what we see", but it still seems to be a good idea for me personally to relocate. For other people, that choice may be different due to all kinds of circumstances and factors.

Here is an overview of important factors for a few countries that I consider:

countries-comparison2a.png

(Three stars are best. Red "x" is a potential dealbreaker.)

CBDC's refers to the planned introduction of totalitarian purely digital currencies that allow the PTB total control over what and where you can buy, how much you can spend per month, etc. The plan seems to be to combine this with a social credit system and possibly a carbon credit system as well.

For the current state of CBDC (central bank digital currency) development around the world, here is a good map overview:
https://cbdctracker.org

As you can see in my list, I have been looking mostly at Latin America.

To my surprise, most of South America does not allow unvaxxinated foreigners to even enter their countries anymore. Though Ecuador is still an exception with mandatory vaxxing for everyone, as well as Costa Rica with the mandatory vaxx for all children.

On the other hand, Mexico has dropped most covid restrictions and so did El Salvador. Though especially the latter has too much crime to be a good alternative. A pleasant surprise for me was also looking at Nicaragaua, which despite its poverty apparently has less violent crime than even more prosperous places like Panama or Uruguay. And it is among the easiest places to migrate to.

Russia seems to be a potentially worse choice than the US right now. Even though Russia ruled out mandatory vaxxing, several regions have introduced vaxx passes - which I see as a precursor and first leg of the technofascist system being implemented in many countries. Russia is also working on its own CBDC just like the US, but it is still in early stages in both places and may take years to complete.

My personal feeling is that Paraguay would be a good choice for me, despite foreigners no longer being able to enter it without a vaxx pass. That is not an insurmountable issue, though I do wonder if a place like Nicaragua or Mexico may be a better choice. Both are less secure than Paraguay, but seem far less on board the vaxx pass system. None of the three have any CBDC's in development so far.

Some questions:

Which countries would you recommend?
Which do you think will have the most personal freedom in the coming years?
Anything on my list or in my assessments you disagree with?
Any pros and cons you can share about living in Paraguay, Nicaragua or Panama?

thanks for sharing, It seems like Brazil's STF has enforced mandatory vaxx for travelers right after I got out, and beside the president being against pandemic narrative and openly declaring it he was responsible by "accidentally" signing the document that revoked our Nuremberg rights at the beginning of the plandemic, it still looks like he's against it(not that i believe it makes a difference but things could change)

you can get in with a medical exemption from what I've read, and personally i doubt a vaxx pass will ever be a thing there for living, even in Portugal no one asked for it during my short journey here(though I'm mostly away from big cities)

There are agreements between most South American countries where you can enter the other members with just a national ID card. So if it is easy to get residency in Paraguay, then you have that perk (outside of each country's COVID regs which can change over time). The Mercosur members have an even greater perk as residency in one makes it easier to get residency in another.

There are agreements between most South American countries where you can enter the other members with just a national ID card. So if it is easy to get residency in Paraguay, then you have that perk (outside of each country's COVID regs which can change over time). The Mercosur members have an even greater perk as residency in one makes it easier to get residency in another.
true, and sometimes it's not even needed

In my almost 60 years of living, the one thing that seems to be certain is that the future is never what you think it will be. It's a far better approach, IMO, to make the best of circumstances as they unfold. If one can't predict the future, one certainly can't count on influencing outcomes to one's favor through such a major decision such as moving to another country for something like 'increased freedom.'

Having said that, you did mention your intuition. Depending on how well relying on intuition has served you through your life, maybe it is the right thing for you to do.

FWIW

Personally, I would work out the reasons for your move and the list much more precisely. What does "personal freedom" mean in my specific life and situation? If you plan to stay home and write a book, this is different from escaping mandates that close restaurants because you want to have an active social life, to give just one example. For the book writing, you probably need good internet and good logistics to order any books you need from Amazon, and/or a very good library. So you could live without access to restaurants if you get that. And vice-versa, and so on. In other words, it all depends on your specific goals, your ambitions, the life you want to live etc. Thinking along these lines also helps avoid the trap of choosing a country because of their lack of measures, only to see it go tyrannical anyway, or in different ways - because your choice would depend partly on different reasons than just the measures. Just my .2 cents.

I think this level of detail is important too, because depending on what your goals are there are some particular difficulties in each country.

For example, having a good internet connection isn't impossible in Paraguay but you'll need to find a good place where you can get a good signal, if you don't want to live in Asuncion o one of the other few "cities" over there.

Regarding digital banking, you are right, which you find good but that could bring some issues, such as: online payments vis PayPal are impossible, PayPal doesn't allow Paraguayan accounts to receive money via PayPal, there are other methods, but it is generally hard to get payments from another country into a Paraguayan bank account. If you keep a bank account in another country an receive payments there, it might be easier. So that's just one example of how important it is to have clear ideas of what you want to do over there.

Receiving things from Amazon or other online shops isn't easy either, although that is possible and they are starting to have more options in that regard. But if you are outside of Asuncion the post office doesn't work very well... Things like that.

In terms of rebellious people. Paraguayans are known for being rather calm and not rebellious at all. That's not to say they are obedient necessarily, though it seems that most have been obedient regarding COVID sanitary measures. I think part of the 'calm' that you find in Paraguay is related to the fact that people don't tend to protest or do much to protect their rights, there's quite a lot of resignation to how things are and how things won't change it seems.

Of course, it is a beautiful country, but I'm just giving some information about other more practical things regarding the country so that you can consider them as well.

Thanks. The way I see it, countries that already have been having strict "covid measures" are likely to be the first to take further steps towards totalitarianism. The vaxx pass system is the first step and the plan seems to be combining that with a "digital ID", total control CBDC's and some kind of social credit or carbon credit system. It's basically enslavement through technology.

That is why I also look at which countries already have plans for a potentially totalitarian CBDC (central bank digital currency) and which do not. Somewhat surprisingly, the US is seemingly just in the reasearch phase so far with its "digital dollar" while other countries are already testing their CBDC. Only two countries so far have fully launched them, Nigeria and the Bahamas of all places.

There are a lot of unknowns regarding the CBDC's of course and some countries may not even exercise the totalitarian control it potentially gives them. Other factors such as keeping the original currency and especially cash also play a critical role. So for example, the Bahamas already have a CBDC but due to cash still being a part of the system, their CBDC cannot be used in totalitarian ways yet.

I personally have given up on relocating. I feel it is not going to come down to countries, but regions/states/local governments. For example, the situation here in Texas and Florida. The US gov is putting their fist down, but the Texas gov is not, but the county gov is, and then the city gov and so on. You may move to a new country with no official vax mandates, but the county might be doing their best to pass some laws under the table.
Plus, it's important to remember these things can change practically overnight; no restrictions today, but el presidente does a press conference and everything is locked down tomorrow.

It think that Texas and Florida are among the best places in the world right now and if it was easier to move to the US, I would consider it. But your reasons for contemplating a move out of the US may be different. That is not to say that the US will have an easy time in the coming years, most likely not. But I think that those who already are in the US red states are in a good place to ride it out.

It think that Texas and Florida are among the best places in the world right now and if it was easier to move to the US, I would consider it. But your reasons for contemplating a move out of the US may be different. That is not to say that the US will have an easy time in the coming years, most likely not. But I think that those who already are in the US red states are in a good place to ride it out.
Also, given increasing cold seasons in Northern Hemisphere, Florida, Texas, sound good. Suspicious Observers ranch is down south, New Mexico. Ben planning for family and audience where best likelihood of survival is. People joining in down there, purchasing a place on the Ranch. Bare details as I have not looked at the SO Ranch plans in a while. There was a neat video on EMP-proofing a car that Ben did with another fellow. The easy way, which I looked up, is drape it in Faraday material. Have a few extra parts protected in storage.

Besides the points made by others above, and since you seem more inclined for a place in South and Central America, I just wanted to add that in terms of personal freedom, it's not as simple as certain restrictions being in place or not. And don't forget that those countries are called the US's backyard for a reason, they tend to follow the mandates of papa Washington with almost no resistance, and where there's one, there's usually a coup or something.

The other thing is that, despite the US being what it is, I have found myself with a bit more "freedom" in terms of covid where I live than in orther countries, and that is because of another factor to consider besides the measures being in place, and it's culture. A nation may be rather free, but if their culture is one of obedience, then it kind of doesn't matter.

Being from South America and thinking I knew how people would react in the region, specially how relaxed one would think they are, I was rather surprised to see how effective the measures were down there. It was really uncanny!
Yes. Consider Mexico. The current leftie government seems to think, thank God, that the pandemic is not such a big deal, and even though it has launched campaigns about social distancing and vaccinations, it has also stressed that there will be no mandates. Mexicans, who like to protest and complain about everything, this time complain about restrictions not being strong enough, like in Europe, the US/Canada or Australia. :nuts: Well, to be fair, those who do complain are generally oppositors to AMLO (the president), so there's a lot of political motivations behind the complaining.

I imagine, or would like to believe, that if the restrictions were harder, people would indeed go to the streets. But in general, right now the general sentiment is more like "the government hasn't handled the pandemic very well, like they do in modern first world countries". Sadly, most of the population do seem to be under the spell, judging by the amount of people on the streets with face masks, especially in big cities. I too was surprised that people bought so much into the narrative in Latin America, which historically has been rebelious and skeptical! But then I was also surprised about the entire globe.

As a result, the more stringent measures and restrictions in Mexico come from local governments ruled by the opposition, or from private companies. I read that around 30% of employers are asking their employees to get vaxxed - in spite of the government having declared that it would be illegal to condition work to vaccination status. But there is a bit of a gray area in the law and the government doesn't actively intervene, so employers generally do what they please.

Generally, Mexico is not nearly as bad as most other places. If you don't want to play the covid game, you will mostly be left alone. However, this government will last (at most) another two years, and when power changes hands, depending on who wins, we might get a much worse deal - assuming the covid narrative is still going. (I'm counting/hoping that it won't). I mention this because you may choose to move to a certain country, thinking that it will be reasonably ok there, and then things may totally flip within six months or so.

Maybe consider as well what the Cs once told Laura, that no matter where she went, she would always feel the pressure of 'the lizard beings'. Of course, they were talking to Laura specifically, and that doesn't mean one cannot make strategic moves for several reasons. Laura herself moved to France. But to some extent I think it applies to all of us. There's no escaping the challenge of Planet Earth!

Last edited:
Also, given increasing cold seasons in Northern Hemisphere, Florida, Texas, sound good. Suspicious Observers ranch is down south, New Mexico. Ben planning for family and audience where best likelihood of survival is. People joining in down there, purchasing a place on the Ranch. Bare details as I have not looked at the SO Ranch plans in a while. There was a neat video on EMP-proofing a car that Ben did with another fellow. The easy way, which I looked up, is drape it in Faraday material. Have a few extra parts protected in storage.

I think there is a topic here on the forum about the Suspicious Observer and that his views may not be very accurate, the "Sun micro-nova" in particular. He also expects the Earth crust to shift, which is why he chose New Mexico - far away from the oceans, etc. I think that it is not very likely that something like this will happen in our lifetimes. A strong solar storm wiping out power grids and electronics seems more likely, especially since the magnetic field of the planet keeps decreasing and is already about 20% weaker than 100 years ago.

I actually lived in New Mexico too for 6 years. Had a work visa that could not be used to get a green card.

I think there is a topic here on the forum about the Suspicious Observer and that his views may not be very accurate, the "Sun micro-nova" in particular. He also expects the Earth crust to shift, which is why he chose New Mexico - far away from the oceans, etc. I think that it is not very likely that something like this will happen in our lifetimes. A strong solar storm wiping out power grids and electronics seems more likely, especially since the magnetic field of the planet keeps decreasing and is already about 20% weaker than 100 years ago.

I actually lived in New Mexico too for 6 years. Had a work visa that could not be used to get a green card.
Thank you axj, I'll look for the SO thread here. I check in on SO channel time to time and now look forward to forum comments on them.

I think ice age and pole flip are in the cards, not so up on micro-nova but EMP, grid down for extended periods, a possibility, what with cyber attacks and Biden having an internet 'kill' switch??? If true.

Thank you axj, I'll look for the SO thread here. I check in on SO channel time to time and now look forward to forum comments on them.

Here are a couple of links where Ben Davidson's theories are discussed:

Back
Top Bottom