Recommended Books: Discussion

beau said:
I never heard of someone getting physically sick from too much empathy. Are you sure this is what causes the "barf factor"? Nevertheless, the books hkoehli mentions should be read because of the psychological knowledge it provides in learning how to identify and deal with the psychopath/narcissist in your life.
Yes, empathy can cripple me, make me barf, etc. I've had to work hard to find triggers and other reactionary hot buttons. I was abused growing up and there's a whole level of yuck there. Its just a facet that has to be worked through til it has no ability to throw me over a barrel. :) Just when I think its done, it hits me again. I know it will have another go round once the Work begins. (continues?) I've managed to purchase Ponerology, and
am now working on fixing the printer to be able to order a few e-books.

My amazon gift card will go towards the rest of the recommended pathocrasy material. I keep thinking I've learned enough about pathological people....it can wear on me. But I'm a person that takes the bull by the horns, even if I do grouse first. :) If it makes me twitchy, chances are its a bs program anyway, ey? Thank you to everyone for suggestions, it does help.

Gimpy

anart said:
Actually, do to quantity restrictions, we've not yet carried Ponerology on our Amazon marketplace. That should change soon, though. Political Ponerology is available now through www.qfgpublishing.com - here is its specific link... http://www.qfgpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=54&osCsid=ca946fb131d5ef73032e67623bc72537
Where possible, I would suggest purchasing from Red Pill Press/QFG Publishing, not Amazon.com.

Amazon.com pushes its used book service aggressively, notifying customers shortly after they purchase a book to see whether they'd like to re-sell the book using Amazon. Amazon actively works to divert customers shopping for new books into its used book marketplace by placing prominent used book ads on each title's main web entry.

Amazon's practice does damage to the publishing industry, not to mention undermining QFG book sales. Buy direct!

I shall certainly endeavour to read more of those recommended books in the coming year.

But I was just wondering whether it would be appropriate to include a book on the Crop Circle phenomenon. After all, there is an entire supplement on this topic on the Cassiopaea site, as well as a couple of other pages about it. Even so, the amount of crop circle data collected by researchers is monumental in size and cannot be contained in a supplemental format. Given that the C's were quite adamant that we should use computer programs to attempt to understand these patterns more thoroughly due to the immense importance of their messages, and given that this particular phenomenon is one of the few phenomena that is tangible and easily studied, would it not be an appropriate inclusion on the list?

If yes, the question then remains as to which book, as there as so many on the phenomenon, some much better than others. I'm currently reading one now (Secrets in the Fields: The Science and Mysticism of Crop Circles by Freddy Silva) which is helpful and informative at times (that is to say, factual), but at other times it's very speculative and a little too "New Agey". However it is very much in keeping with the idea that the phenomenon is caused by some sort of advanced consciousness, not of our "dimension", and not by "aliens". That said, I don't recommend this book for the list, but I still recommend it to anyone with an open mind and an interest in the crop circle phenomenon. Its numerous diagrams and illustrations are quite excellent, and the geometrical analyses are intriguing.

Aside from all of this, it occurred to me two days ago that one of the main reasons I think this phenomenon is so important is that the frequency and complexity of the crop formations began to increase around the same time Laura began contact with the C's (early 90s), which makes sense since, as the C's said, "Real crop circles represent thoughts from 6th density unified thought realm". Could Laura's contact with 6th Density beings have acted as a catalyst for the crop circle phenomenon (which is seemingly caused by MANY different "types" of 6th Density beings)? Or rather, could her contact have been the natural result of an increase in contact between 3rd Density and 6th Density beings (manifesting mainly as crop circles) which was going to happen anyway due to the Wave? Whatever the answer, it points to crop circles as being an integral part of the approaching Wave.

I am about to start reading another crop circle book by Andy Thomas (who has a site called Swirled News). It's called Vital Signs: A Complete Guide to the Crop Circle Mystery and Why It Is NOT a Hoax. Apparently it is quite down-to-earth and doesn't speculate too much.

Third_Density_Resident said:
But I was just wondering whether it would be appropriate to include a book on the Crop Circle phenomenon. If yes, the question then remains as to which book, as there as so many on the phenomenon, some much better than others.
this one is quite good: 'Crop Circles: Signs, Wonders and Mysteries' by Steve and Karen Alexander.
It has lots of large clear pictures and diagrams, some analysis of the geometry, and some speculation. I mostly like it because of the great selection of pictures which allows you to really 'see' the circles in all their beauty, which is probably the point. It was published in 2006 so has many of the more recent patterns.

TDR said:
But I was just wondering whether it would be appropriate to include a book on the Crop Circle phenomenon.
Since our recommended list has to do mainly with getting the self in shape to be able to discern fact from fiction, truth from lies, i.e. ESOTERIC development, it is not likely that such a book would be included on the list.

Laura said:
Since our recommended list has to do mainly with getting the self in shape to be able to discern fact from fiction, truth from lies, i.e. ESOTERIC development, it is not likely that such a book would be included on the list.
I kind of thought that would be the case. (And yes, looking back at the list, that should have been quite obvious to me.) I wonder then if a second list could be constructed that includes books which are not necessarily about discernment between fact and fiction, but rather information about various worldly phenomena which are nonetheless valuable and enlightening with respect to the true nature of our universe, and our possible future? It is likely that these books will have in common phenomena that have been suppressed, ridiculed and generally maligned because they pose a threat to the PTB. Just a suggestion anyway.

Hello,

Another must read book on psychology is The Drama of the Gifted Child (or The Drama of Being a Child) by Alice Miller. It is an exc reading about narcissism and the author herself focuses on causes and effects of childhood trauma. There is a revised edition of 2006 and this book can be found in German, Spanish and Italian as far as I know. There might be other languagues available.

Here is an excerpt:

"Sometimes I ask myself whether it will ever be possible
for us to grasp the extent of the loneliness and desertion to
which we were exposed as children, and hence intrapsychically
still are exposed as adults. Here I do not mean to
speak, primarily, of cases of obvious desertion by, or separation
from, the parents, though this, of course, can have
traumatic results. Nor am I thinking of children who were
obviously uncared for or totally neglected, and who were
always aware of this or at least grew up with the knowledge
that it was so.
Apart from these extreme cases, there are large numbers
of people who suffer from narcissistic disorders, who often
had sensitive and caring parents from whom they received
much encouragement; yet, these people are suffering from
severe depressions. They enter analysis in the belief, with
which they grew up, that their childhood was happy and
protected.
Quite often we are faced here with gifted patients who
have been praised and admired for their talents and their
achievements. According to prevailing, general attitudes,
these people—the pride of their parents—should have had a strong
and stable sense of self-assurance. But exactly the opposite is the case.
In everything they undertake they do well and often excellently;
they are admired and envied; they are successful whenever
they care to be—but all to no avail. Behind all this lurks
depression, the feeling of emptiness and self-alienation, and
a sense that their life has no meaning. These dark feelings
will come to the fore as soon as the drug of grandiosity
fails, as soon as they are not "on top," not definitely the
"superstar," or whenever they suddenly get the feeling they
failed to live up to some ideal image and measure they feel
they must adhere to. Then they are plagued by anxiety or
deep feelings of guilt and shame. What are the reasons for
such narcissistic disturbances in these gifted people?
In the very first interview they will let the listener know
that they have had understanding parents, or at least one
such, and if they ever lacked understanding, they felt that
the fault lay with them and with their inability to express
themselves appropriately. They recount their earliest memories
without any sympathy for the child they once were,
and this is the more striking since these patients not only
have a pronounced introspective ability, but are also able
to empathize well with other people. Their relationship to
their own childhood's emotional world, however, is characterized
by lack of respect, compulsion to control, manipulation,
and a demand for achievement. Very often they
show disdain and irony, even derision and cynicism. In
general, there is a complete absence of real emotional understanding
or serious appreciation of their own childhood
vicissitudes, and no conception of their true needs—beyond
the need for achievement. The internalization of the original
drama has been so complete that the illusion of a good
childhood can be maintained.

sHiZo963 said:
I'm about half-way through Ouspensky's The Fourth Way and was wondering if there was any major reason for it not being included in the Esoterica section. I, personally, find his Q/A format very easy to follow (kind of like reading the Cass transcripts). Also, I found that his approach is much more "practical" than in ISOTM, and I'm finding myself experimenting much more and finding his suggestions for doing so more efficiently quite useful so far.

I've read ISOTM and also half-way through Gurdjieff's Beezlebub's Tales and, so far, I haven't found any discrepancies between Gurdjieff's and Ouspensky's ideas, albeit, like I said, the more "practical" approach taken in the The Fourth Way.

Any thoughts? I just want to make sure I'm not being led "astray" with my current readings. Thanks :)
For anyone who might be wondering the same as above, I just found an older thread on the forum that answers these questions:
Imitation Fourth Way Groups Started by Gurdjieff Rejects [...including Ouspensky]
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=215
In fact, ISOTM is probably one of the only works we can "trust" to be genuine Gurdjieff material as transmitted by Ouspensky. Interesting thread, to be sure, and a friendly reminder to work more on my reading/discernment mechanism.

ordered the list. no matter where i look there is no OTHER way.
Johnno, thanks for abebooks tip, it actually saved a lot.
I didn't order Psychology of Intelligence Analysis by Richards J. Heuer
Is this book worth money asked for it? Insead i ended ordering 2 volume set of L'Alchemie by Eugene Canseliet. (available in french italian spanish, looks like there is no english translation) and Drama of the Gifted Child (thanks, Navigante!)

Janusz Brodzinski said:
Hi Johnno,

Is "*The C's Transcripts" available as a book?

[Moderator note: email addy deleted]
No. Although various snips of transcipts are available in Laura's books.

Johnno said:
Janusz Brodzinski said:
Hi Johnno,

Is "*The C's Transcripts" available as a book?

[Moderator note: email addy deleted]
No. Although various snips of transcipts are available in Laura's books.
especially the 'Wave' which is more focussed on the Cassiopaean Experiment.

Are there recommended books on the subject of Quantum Theory/Realities?

I'm currently reading Nick Herbert's "Quantum Reality."

Hey there - I'ma newbie, so I thought I would start somewhere...

The books that I have read that have pretty much completely re-wired my brain are:

Secret History of the World - my intro to Laura
In Search of the Miracuous - discovered I'm asleep, and still am
The Stargate Conspiracy - damn, I got sucked into a couple of these dis-info books
Gnosis I, II, III - although haven't started III yet - pure knowledge...
9/11 Ultimate Truth - goes deeper than a lot of other books on topic
High Strangeness - welcome to dinner - your it...
The Wave - just started volume 4 - made me finally realise if I do want to access the necessary "divine source" of knowledge to wake up, it will take a lot of effort / work...

These books basically facilitated me chucking out just about everything I believed about spirituality, myself and the world, and start over - and I'm still starting over...

Also just ordered Matrix books (Val Valerian), some Gurdjeff, and am reading some Michael Topper articles on-line.

WARNING: These books will definitely change your energy :) On at least one occasssion I have thrown up as my body adjusted to knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom