R E G G A E

wodasi

Jedi Master
I have been reading cass since 98 , but listening to reggae for 25 years.
Bob Marley had 15 kids , some of them write incredible stuff,,
David Marley, Damian Marley Steven Marley ! Julian Marley !
I also love Jimmy Cliff ,, who has wrote about atlantis . earthquakes & more.
President Brown, Tony Rebel, Dennis Brown, Beres Hammond are fantastic.
Please share artists you have heard . . Alpha Blondy . . . whatever . .
even Sinead O'Connor did a album of covers last year.. killer . . .

wodasi said:
I have been reading cass since 98 , but listening to reggae for 25 years.
Bob Marley had 15 kids , some of them write incredible stuff,,
David Marley, Damian Marley Steven Marley ! Julian Marley !
I also love Jimmy Cliff ,, who has wrote about atlantis . earthquakes & more.
President Brown, Tony Rebel, Dennis Brown, Beres Hammond are fantastic.
Please share artists you have heard . . Alpha Blondy . . . whatever . .
even Sinead O'Connor did a album of covers last year.. killer . . .
Being from the Isle that 'invented' the genre I gotta say I grew up on the stuff. Reggae music like anything else has its ponerized artists but there are conscious ones as well. Allt hose you named are favorites one artist Jacob Miller that was killed way too early for many to learn about him stateside but he would have been on the list. As far as younger artists goes, Morgan Heritage (children of Derek Morgan) is pretty good too. My favorite of all is Jimmy Cliff. He was a muslim in the 90's don't know if he still is. Years ago I read a Bob Marley biography that talked about how he would spent a lot of time studying history and religion and stuff and that he had some idea of hyperdimensional beings (spiritual vampires in his terms) influencing civilization. My dad and friends think the CIA (via some reporter) gave Marley tainted drugs and eventually cancer. There is a town or street in Wales named after him since that's where is dad was from.

Wanders off to check out Jacob Miller - returns, hey he's got lots of good stuff - at least what I heard just now ... thanks for the recomendation - why had I not heard of this guy sooner - lol. I'm a huge fan of reggae in general, it just works for me ;) I forgot to mention "Third World" earlier. Also "Maxi Priest" has some good stuff, but you have to go backwards in time so to speak - "Bonafide" was his last album that I really liked. I gonna check out Morgan Heritage latter.

Back
Top Bottom