Question to those who used the Internet on Sept 11

One thing I remember that has never been discussed by anyone AFAIK was how the speed of the Internet came to a virtual crawl after the attack.

My personal data on that day: 56K dial up, location - Santiago de Chile.

I would like others from other parts of the globe to comment on their experience with the Internet that day.

My point: I have none, unless others had the same experience and there is no valid conventional explanation.

Well, I went back to my mail folders for the time to have a look-see if I had mentioned any such thing. I found this:

To: cassiopaea@yahoogroups.com
Date sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:30:02 -0400
Subject: WTC and possible outcome
Send reply to: lark2@ozline.net
Priority: normal

Hi,
Obviously somebody is going to have to be blamed for this. Earlier this a.m.,
before the U.S. attacks, this came:

Subject: CNN Breaking News
To: TEXTBREAKINGNEWS@CNNIMAIL4.CNN.COM

BREAKING NEWS from CNN.com

-- Iraq claims U.S. spy plane shot down; Pentagon confirms losing contact with
unmanned craft. Details to come.

So, how much you want to bet these will be the bad guys and we will go to war
and wipe Iraq off the map?

Sarfatti is saying that it is all the fault of "new age anti-semitists."

Don't know where that came from, but at times like these, few people keep a
cool head.

L
Ark and Laura Jadczyk
http://www.cassiopaea.org

Hi

Looking back, I cant remember my entire day on 911 but I do remember looking at streaming footage of the twin towers attack from CNN.com and other sources, not long after the event had happened. This would suggest that my internet connection wasnt too bad - I am in the UK and had ISDN back in those days. No offence but I would consider a 56k dial up as crawling speed anyway, and a connection at that speed would struggle during everyday normal peak hours, perhaps your ISP simply had busy servers, or maintenance issues.

Maybe I was just lucky, but British Telecom used to jump at the chance of not providing their customers a decent service :).

Back
Top Bottom