Quartz Lamp

agni

Dagobah Resident
Has anyone used or had an experience with Quartz Lamp ? Back in Belarus, they used them in hospitals to disinfect rooms or something. We were ordered to leave the room for the time it's been used. I am not sure why... so if anyone is familiar with Quartz Lamps, does anyone have an idea what affect it has or might have on a human ?

I have read about this kind of method some years ago. The disinfecting part are the ultraviolet light rays that get emitted by these lamps. These would burn your skin very heavy and you could get blind if you would stay in such a room. To disinfect a room that way you really need a strong source of ultraviolet light. The advantage is that there are no chemicals used and there is nothing dangerous leftover after the light is turned off.

And I remember that lot of people in Russia and Belarus had them in the homes in case of a flu, along with several other methods .

Not sure if it is the same as a quartz lamp but I have a salt lamp. The idea is that when it heats up it releases negative ions to help purify the air. Can't say I notice much of a difference when I have it on but it gives off an amber glow that makes my room feel like I'm in an underground cave, which I think is pretty cool. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom