Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Thanks, I appreciate it. It is an art trying to be pointed, vague, serious and humorous all at the same time.

And I agree. America is great for celebrating our Viet Nam vets and their sacrifice. Nobody celebrates the people who tried to advocate for peace. (“Blessed are the peace makers.” Maybe in Gods eyes but not the eyes of this world) I was one of those. I’ve been blown up in enough past life scenarios to know that war is a horrific game. As a kid when we played war I always loved acting out the death scene. Finally. Now there is peace. It’s over. I’ve been killed. And I’d just lay there motionless. (After the academy award histrionics, of course!)

I have to massively self-sensor every time I hear one of those “let’s honor our vets” moments of pseudo-thanksgiving.

(I do apologize to the vets out there who have served. I don’t mean to offend.) My position was always “this is yet another dumb-ass war that only serves the corporate state, not we the people”
The whole “anti-war” stance is total bollocks, Geezus. What are you going to do when someone like Ghengis Khan comes to town? Try to talk him out of raping and pillaging in a nice way?

It’s ridiculous, every sane person agrees that war is utterly terrible, however you’re not going to defeat psychopaths with some sort of passive stance.

There’s absolutely no nobility or honor in not defending things that are good and decent, sometimes that involves violence. That’s the world we live in. Obviously if violence can be avoided, that’s the best course of action.

The world is much more nuanced than the scenario you’re presenting.

The whole “anti-war” stance is total bollocks, Geezus. What are you going to do when someone like Ghengis Khan comes to town? Try to talk him out of raping and pillaging in a nice way?

It’s ridiculous, every sane person agrees that war is utterly terrible, however you’re not going to defeat psychopaths with some sort of passive stance.

There’s absolutely no nobility or honor in not defending things that are good and decent, sometimes that involves violence. That’s the world we live in. Obviously if violence can be avoided, that’s the best course of action.

The world is much more nuanced than the scenario you’re presenting.
Sheesh, I’m talking about a specific time, not a sweeping generality. 68-71 approx. and the Viet Nam war. Were the Mongol hordes sweeping through Cleveland then? Was the US making the world safe for democracy in Cambodia? The fight against tyranny is always a noble one. I think we are all engaged in that today. All I knew at the time is that I was a draftable conscript and I saw nothing noble about that conflict. There were no subtle nuances about being drafted and placed into combat. It was very black and white. Forced choice was the order of the day. I wasn’t out there holding a flower with a sign that said make love not war. I got my induction notice and had to deal with it.

If Ho Chi Minh Was leading an army into California, that would have been a different story.

Don’t assume what I said previously means I was/am a peacenik stereotype.

Figures sourced from Mossad in February 2023 itemized Russian casualties by then as being 18,480 KIA and a further 44,500 injured. The BBC - not exactly a source renowned for its lack of bias on the matter - recently again invested considerable resources in analyzing burial notices, social media announcements, local media coverage, and a wide range of other sources and announcements right across the Russian Federation in an effort to prove the inflated figures but struggled to find evidence for more that 16-18,000 Russian deaths. These figures remain wholly in line with announcements on the matter made by the Russian Defence Ministry.

The figure of around 16-18,000 Russian KIA may not include those of the Donetsk Militia its true, but they do include those of the Wagner Group who remain the most heavily engaged direct action force to date. Essentially the various break away militia's, the Wagner Group, the Chechens and the select if comparatively small numbers of regular Russian military such as the paratroopers committed to actual battle have born the brunt of the majority of the fighting to date, with the bulk of the Russian infantry held back in reserve.

So a figure of no more than 20,000 seems in line with all available evidence that is not propaganda derived.
I thought Noah Carl over at Daily Sceptic did a pretty good job on casualty numbers back in September:

Up to September 9th, they count 6,219 Russian deaths. This figure is almost certainly an underestimate, since not every death is reported publicly. The compilers of the database suggest the true figure may be 40-60% higher. Which means that Russia may have suffered 9,329 deaths up to September 9th.

According to The Economist, the Donetsk People's Republic militia, "unlike the Russian army, have faithfully documented their casualties". And their official death toll is 3,069 up to September 15th.

As far as I'm aware, no official figures are available for the Luhansk People's Republic militia. But if we assume they've experienced the same death rate as the DPR's militia, that would equate to 2,148 deaths.

Russia has also deployed at least 8,000 mercenaries from the Wagner Group. US officials recently estimated that 5,000 such mercenaries had been killed, which seems very high. Taking into account wounded, it would imply the entire deployment had been taken out of action. Yet we know Wagner is still fighting.

Nonetheless: summing these four figures implies that, up to September 9th or thereabouts, Russian forces have suffered 19,546 deaths. This is broadly consistent with the CIA's estimate for the period up to July 20th.
Updating those numbers, with the BBC count at around 17,000, and Donetsk just over 4k -- assuming similar for Lugansk, that's a minimum of 25k. Taking into account unreported deaths, that could push it up to 30k or a bit higher. So I'd give a slightly higher limit of "probably no less than 30k" for Russian forces, mercs, DPR/LPR. (BBC, Mediazona estimates 47k in total, a bit higher than double the number of those confirmed by name.)

Taking into account unreported deaths,

That's the bit I have a problem with because of the orderly and cohesive manner in which the Russians have been able to oversee the micro-management of their man power resources, especially of late, let alone the clear efforts that have gone in to the prioritization of minimal battlefield causalities (as witnessed by the expertly managed almost casualty free withdrawal from Kherson). There are surprisingly few actual Russian infantry units engaged in day to day fighting other than in very high profile hot spots such as Bakhmut and Avdeevka and most of these units have been on the front line for the full year of operations and hence have a well drilled oversight process. Looking back, I cannot recall a single example of a chaotic, shambolic, high density infantry combat in which 1,000s or even 100s of dead Russians could have literally disappeared from record, especially at the utterly arbitrary level suggested of 40-60% of known / traceable fatalities. Even the events of last August when the flawed switch over of units standing down at the end of term of service coincided with the Ukrainian offensive - and we got some level of minor over run as a result - the numbers involved were still comparatively small and order was quickly resumed as they pulled back to defensive lines. Considering the achievement of low levels of Russian battlefield fatalities and the extremely high level of efficient medical aftercare that has seen the return to combat duty in record time of significant numbers of the lightly wounded, I would thus be extremely surprised if the MIA figure is above 15-20% of the known dead. The 40-60% figure has always smacked to me of an arbitrarily inflated gestimate based on a shocked after thought by essentially biased analysts who cannot reconcile what their research uncovered with their programming concerning what the west repeatedly presents as a shambolic Russian military.

Having said that all that, yes a top end of figure approaching 30,000 KIA is indeed possible by now considering the scale of multiple operations underway on the ground since the turn of the year. God rest their souls and all the many more Ukranian lads as well. All those woked westerners that gleefully chant 'what are white men any longer any use for?' are sure getting their heart's delight - that is they are still as ever useful for dying violently in unconscionable numbers at the whim of psychopaths - most of whom of course are publicly at least, happily woke!

It’s impossible to have a discussion with you, you just drag it down to Jews, when the entire topic is much more nuanced, and you seem to be pathological in your resistance to learning about that nuance.
For some reason, which you did not reveal, you reject the nuance of the role of Jews/Chazars in the history of evil. Perhaps, living in a country that had negligible numbers of representatives of this nation, you did not feel first-hand their activity in this field? In the Slavic countries that gave refuge to persecuted Jews in the Middle Ages, we have whole piles of historical documents about the role of Jews in doing evil (nad good). History should teach, not be feverishly swept under the rug because it doesn't agree with political correctness.
Jews are not the only ones who are active in this field, but their push to occupy high positions in the state helps them realize their unconscious and conscious pathological behavior.
A nuanced topic should be considered from many points of view precisely because it is nuanced, and you are trying to artificially impose censorship on one of the important threads of the situation in Ukraine.

Southfront.org reports how NATO prepares the UAF to go on the offensive
The winter has left us and spring is here. This changes how the conflict can be fought on the ground, since cold and wet weather is more difficult for both equipment and personnel than the drier conditions in the coming months. Below are a few updates on the preparations on the Ukrainian side, which is what Russia will have to deal with.
March 20:
NATO PREPARES UKRAINIAN ARMY FOR OFFENSIVE
The situation in the Zaporozhye region has sharply escalated recently. A major offensive of the Ukrainian military in the area aimed at smashing the Russian grouping in the Donbass and advancing towards the Sea of Azov is expected to begin in the coming weeks.

On March 19, Ukrainian forces launched the combat reconnaissance operation to the South of Orekhov. They attacked Russian positions near Novodanilovka with up to two battalions fully equipped by NATO.

The Ukrainian column was quickly detected by Russian drones. It was shelled by artillery and struck with ATGMs. The shooting battle broke out in the area. About 25 Ukrainian servicemen were killed, at least 3 tanks and 3 infantry fighting vehicles were destroyed.

On the same day, Ukrainian forces attacked the Russian positions near Charivny, but it did not come to a direct clash. The Ukrainian grouping was scattered by artillery fire.

Another Ukrainian attempted offensive took place to the east of Gulyaipole on March 15. It involved up to two infantry companies supported by two platoons of main battle tanks and infantry fighting vehicles. As a result of the operation, Ukraine lost up to 30 servicemen, and all the heavy equipment involved.

Despite the losses, the Ukrainian military continues combat reconnaissance operations in order to identify soft spots in the Russian defense. According to the tactics developed by NATO, they launch attacks with tactical groups of up to 10 armored vehicles. The same operations were carried out on the eve of the Ukrainian offensive in the Kharkiv and Kherson regions.

Preparing for a large-scale offensive, a large Ukrainian grouping is concentrating near the Zaporozhye front. Various sources estimate the main strike force of up to 50 thousand servicemen, and up to one thousand of military vehicles.

Meanwhile, columns of NATO heavy equipment are already approaching the Ukrainian front lines. Most of them are claimed to be earmarked for the offensive on the southern Donbass front. German Leopard tanks are also expected to be deployed in this direction, as they are well suited for fighting in the Ukrainian steppes.

The main offensive operation of the Ukrainian Army is expected to begin in the second half of April, when the weather will allow heavy equipment to move easily across the fields, new units of mobilized soldiers will be transferred to the front and they will be fully provided with NATO equipment and weapons.

The main strike is likely to hit the bridgehead near the towns of Pology and Tokmak. Control of them would pave the way to Berdyansk and Melitopol.
In the case of success, the Ukrainian military would reach the Sea of Azov, cutting off the Russian grouping in the Donbass. The land road to Crimea would be cut off and Ukrainian forces could threaten the Crimean Bridge with NATO-made missiles.
March 23
ON EVE OF BATTLE FOR SOUTH-EASTERN UKRAINE
Preparations of the Ukrainian army for the upcoming large-scale offensive continue on the Ukrainian front lines. The main strike is likely to take place in the Zaporozhye region; and large-scale operations in the southern Donbass front lines will be accompanied by simultaneous assault operations of Ukrainian groups on the eastern bank of the Dnieper River in the Kherson region, as well as attempts to counterattack along the front lines in the Kharkov region. Ukrainian attempts to counterattack in Bakhmut in an attempt to unblock the city are not excluded.

The Ukrainian army attempted another offensive operation in the Zaporozhye direction near the town of Orekhov. During the fighting near the village of Novodanilovka, which is located in the gray zone and was not under the control of any of the warring sides, Ukrainian units managed to partially gain a foothold in the village. Russian sources report that about half of Novodanilovka has come under the control of Ukrainian forces, where they began to strengthen their strongholds.

The settlement may become one of the main strongholds for the Ukrainian offensive deep into the Russian defense after the regrouping of Ukrainian units.

The Ukrainian command continues to transfer reinforcements to the Orekhov and Pology region, preparing a large strike group in this direction. Many NATO-made heavy armored vehicles are accumulated in the area.

Ukrainian units in Zaporozhie are massively equipped with drones, including small First Person View UAVs, which can be involved in a swarm attack aimed to overload the Russian air defense.

Intensive artillery battles continue along the southern Donbass front lines.

The Russian marines of the 155th brigade supported by Special Forces and artillery units destroyed another Ukrainian assault group in the area of Ugledar. The Ukrainian military tried to sneak into the Russian positions under the cover of night, hiding in a forest belt, but they were detected in time and defeated by Russian forces.

On March 22, the Ukrainian military attempted another massive attack on military facilities in Crimea.

In the early morning, three surface sea drones and at least one aerial drone targeted coastal bays in Sevastopol.

Two coast guard servicewomen destroyed all three surface drones with small-arms fire. The aerial drone was intercepted by air defense forces. As a result, the Ukrainian UAVs did not even reach the Sevastopol bays.

The drone attack in Sevastopol is another probe of soft spots in the defense of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.

Earlier on March 20, at least five Ukrainian UAVs simultaneously targeted the town of Dzhankoy in the north of Crimea, where a strategically important railway passes serving civilian and military means. None of the UAVs hit any military facility in the area.
I don't know how the above report of 50,000 soldiers and NATO weaponry for a campaign in the Zaporozhye region relates to the following notes, that I took from this YouTube: Zelensky's army in the Bakhmut area. Military Summary And Analysis 2023.03.24
The Military Summary says that according to his Russian sources there are 80,000 soldier in the area west of and near Bakhmut/Artyomovsk. The Ukrainians call it Operational Tactical Group Soledar. Of these 20,000 are reserves and the 60,000 are divided into Tactical Group Bakhmut 14,000, to the west, Tactical Group Karpati with 13,000 soldier to the North of Bakhmut. To the southwest of Bakhmut, there is a Tactical Group Adam. 7000 soldiers (defensive), and Tactical Group Azov, in the same area with 13,000 soldiers (storm). Behind these there is a fifth group of 17,000 soldiers for de-blockading Bakhmut. This army has according to his information at the moment 300 tanks, some 1200 armoured vehicles, about 300 artillery systems, and around 93 Multi Launch Rocket Systems.

For comparison, the Russian MoD Telegram channel had this image from March 23 showing how much Russia claims to have destroyed, though it can not be ruled out that some was partially destroyed, repaired and destroyed again.
1679647382470.png

For some reason, which you did not reveal, you reject the nuance of the role of Jews/Chazars in the history of evil. Perhaps, living in a country that had negligible numbers of representatives of this nation, you did not feel first-hand their activity in this field? In the Slavic countries that gave refuge to persecuted Jews in the Middle Ages, we have whole piles of historical documents about the role of Jews in doing evil (nad good). History should teach, not be feverishly swept under the rug because it doesn't agree with political correctness.
Jews are not the only ones who are active in this field, but their push to occupy high positions in the state helps them realize their unconscious and conscious pathological behavior.
A nuanced topic should be considered from many points of view precisely because it is nuanced, and you are trying to artificially impose censorship on one of the important threads of the situation in Ukraine.
I don’t understand how you go from the use of the term Jews, when Zionists or Psychpaths would be more appropriate, to some sort of argument where I won’t discuss history.

It’s the use of the term Jews, that’s the issue when Zionist or Psychopath works much better and allows for a much broader discussion.

I’m all for history being taught as accurately as it happened with warts and all, there’s tactful ways to do that which won’t alienate people, it’s not what you’re describing as politically correct.

I too live in slavic country which gave the refuge to great number of Sefardic Jews from Spain. Never had any problem, religious or racial. Not to mention Bosnia where number of Jews were even bigger and there was even more religions involved (islam, orthodox and catholic).

The Jews were always seen as beneficial. There were numerous artist, architect, scientist, politicians, jewellers, poets. Our history would be different without them.

But, there was a difference, Jews never lived in getos, or in any way restricted such was the case in western Europe. That way they were more or less asimilated.

Unfortunately, Germans killed most of them during the WW2, and some left for Israel in 1940s and 50s, what made our countries more poor in social way.

You seem to be dispensing with nuance (not to mention common sense) in this post. You use the same word - "jews" - to describe two mutually exclusive groups: those who persecute and those who are persecuted. Don't you think that that nuance should be brought to bear here in the form of you being more precise with your terminology in order to avoid both confusion and inaccuracy?

I don't believe this has previously surfaced here but I could be wrong. Anyway, perhaps the highest level smash-and grab yet by the infamous video pranksters as they manage to impersonate Zelenskyy having a conversation with the President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde. I don't know the date and perhaps its an old catch but its worth a visit..

Of note:
  • Inflation in EU has not been got under control and whilst she has estimates of likely level by year, effectively your guess is as good as mine!
  • Interest rates have to continue to rise to stop this with no limit on how high they will have to go - talk of 4% was not discounted.
On the issue of outcomes of the war for Ukraine, its double-down time, whatever the cost to Europe:
…whatever is the coming out of this situation - who wins, who loses - in a way is irrelevant. What matters is that Ukraine at the end of the day wins. So I take the very the very simple view that those who have the biggest gun at the end of the day win right. This is a very stupid, basic Wild West Cowboy principle. It is the case at the moment that the biggest military power in the world is the United States. So the United States is supplying the biggest shipment of weapons, is providing a very large amount of funding and that's the reality that we deal with. And I don't think that we can just argue about who wins who loses. It's you who has to win and we have to make every effort we can to support you.

Then there's the decision on the arrival of the digital Euro come this October:

…it will be decided in October. So we are preparing the ground. We want to be ready, we want to be trained, but it will not be decided until October 23. The reason I'm personally convinced that we have to move ahead is a situation like the one we are in now. We are dependent on the supply of gas by a very unfriendly country. I don't want Europe to be dependent on an unfriendly country's currency for instance. I don't know - you know the Chinese currency, the Russian currency, or dependent on a friendly currency but which is activated by a private corporate entity like you know Facebook or like Google or anybody like that… the digital euro is going to have a limited amount of control. There will be control you're right - you're completely right. We are considering whether for very small amounts - anything that is around 300 400 euros - we could have a mechanism where there is zero control… we have in Europe This threshold above 1,000 Euros you cannot pay cash. If you do you are on the grey market so you take your risk you get caught you will be fined or you go to jail. But you know the digital euro is going to have a limited amount of control. There will be control you're right you're completely right. We are considering whether for very small amounts - anything that is around 300 400 euros - we could have a mechanism where there is zero control. But that could be dangerous -the terrorist attacks on France 10 years ago were entirely financed by those very small Anonymous credit cards that you can recharge in total anonymity… as I said I don't want Meta, Google or Amazon to suddenly come up with a currency that would take over the sovereignty of Europe

So they are still losing sleep over how they can manage control, control, control... and if Google or Facebook or Amazon or Meta are going to beat them to it.... and officially take over sovereignty of Europe. :evil:

Then the admittance that a good chunk of the IMF funding back in 2014 went into back pockets and rackets - and well, that's just life!

The best moment, however, was when 'Zelenskyy' suggested that the Russian's were laughing at us because rather than a digital-euro the greatest likelihood was that firewood was going to be the replacement currency of the future. She didn't like that one bit:

They can get lost...!
:rotfl:

Sheesh, I’m talking about a specific time, not a sweeping generality. 68-71 approx. and the Viet Nam war. Were the Mongol hordes sweeping through Cleveland then? Was the US making the world safe for democracy in Cambodia? The fight against tyranny is always a noble one. I think we are all engaged in that today. All I knew at the time is that I was a draftable conscript and I saw nothing noble about that conflict. There were no subtle nuances about being drafted and placed into combat. It was very black and white. Forced choice was the order of the day. I wasn’t out there holding a flower with a sign that said make love not war. I got my induction notice and had to deal with it.

If Ho Chi Minh Was leading an army into California, that would have been a different story.

Don’t assume what I said previously means I was/am a peacenik stereotype.

Not really pertinent to this discussion about Russia, but this in particular is what I found to be repugnant.

As a kid when we played war I always loved acting out the death scene. Finally. Now there is peace. It’s over. I’ve been killed. And I’d just lay there motionless. (After the academy award histrionics, of course!)

I don’t think I can find solidarity with any man who does things like this. It’s been my experience in life as well. Perhaps a subject for another thread.

Eternal memory to the heroes who laid down their heads due to incompetent operation organization. Whole crews lost-3 ships-that is a lot of people😭

A lot hidden from people will be revealed backdate 🤦‍♂️

The commander of the Crimean Naval Base of the Black Sea Fleet of Russia Felix Menkov confirmed that in 2022 a large landing ship (BDK) "Saratov" was lost during the fighting. He announced this on Friday, March 24, during an event to open a memorial plaque to the sailors who died in the SVO in Sevastopol, writes ForPost.

"A year ago, in the course of conducting combat operations, we lost a ship of an amphibious unit, the Saratov BDK. We lost the personnel of the landing ship "Saratov", "Novocherkassk", "Caesar Kunikov"," the rear admiral said.

Menkov stressed that the open memorial plaque will serve as a reminder to the next generations of servicemen about the feat that the Sevastopol paratroopers performed.

Not really pertinent to this discussion about Russia, but this in particular is what I found to be repugnant.
Agree
I don’t think I can find solidarity with any man who does things like this. It’s been my experience in life as well. Perhaps a subject for another thread.
Thanks for clarifying your strong reaction. (I’d call repugnance a strong emotional reaction)

Bear in mind, I am sharing an anecdote of a 7 year old boy. I’m sure you must be aware that at that age, the future “man to be” isn’t really even present yet. This recollection is Gurdjieff’s self remembering. It’s a long journey and there are plenty of opportunities to look in the mirror and say “wow, check that out!” Then we can potentially make use of those revelations.

Making an over-the-top judgement on another human based on a shared, honest recollection from childhood might also be something to look at.

To close, there is a loose correlation between the individual relation to war and The war in Ukraine. If the Ukrainians are actively conscripting young men who are not inspired by the prospect being heroically splattered into oblivion for “their” country, it’s going to impact the effectiveness of the rumored offensive to come.

Hersh trashes the yacht nonsense and outlines Biden's role in call to the CIA for deep fake help.

Seymour Hersh: The Cover-Up
March 22, 2023

The Biden Administration continues to conceal its responsibility for the destruction of the Nord Stream pipelines.

Conspirators 1.jpg

President Joe Biden participates in a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, Friday, March 3, 2023, in the Oval Office of the White House. (Official White House Photo by Adam Schultz)

By Seymour Hersh / Substack

It’s been six weeks since I published a report, based on anonymous sourcing, naming President Joe Biden as the official who ordered the mysterious destruction last September of Nord Stream 2, a new $11-billion pipeline that was scheduled to double the volume of natural gas delivered from Russia to Germany. The story gained traction in Germany and Western Europe, but was subject to a near media blackout in the US. Two weeks ago, after a visit by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to Washington, US and German intelligence agencies attempted to add to the blackout by feeding the New York Times and the German weekly Die Zeit false cover stories to counter the report that Biden and US operatives were responsible for the pipelines’ destruction.

Press aides for the White House and Central Intelligence Agency have consistently denied that America was responsible for exploding the pipelines, and those pro forma denials were more than enough for the White House press corps. There is no evidence that any reporter assigned there has yet to ask the White House press secretary whether Biden had done what any serious leader would do: formally “task” the American intelligence community to conduct a deep investigation, with all of its assets, and find out just who had done the deed in the Baltic Sea. According to a source within the intelligence community, the president has not done so, nor will he. Why not? Because he knows the answer.

Sarah Miller—an energy expert and an editor at Energy Intelligence, which publishes leading trade journals—explained to me in an interview why the pipeline story has been big news in Germany and Western Europe. “The destruction of the Nord Stream pipelines in September led to a further surge of natural gas prices that were already six or more times pre-crisis levels,” she said. “Nord Stream was blown up in late September. German gas imports peaked a month later, in October, at 10 times pre-crisis levels. Electricity prices across Europe were pulled up, and governments spent as much as 800 billion euros, by some estimates, shielding households and businesses from the impact. Gas prices, reflecting the mild winter in Europe, have now fallen back to roughly a quarter of the October peak, but they are still between two and three times pre-crisis levels and are more than three times current US rates. Over the last year, German and other European manufacturers closed their most energy-intensive operations, such as fertilizer and glass production, and it’s unclear when, if ever, those plants will reopen. Europe is scrambling to get solar and wind capacity in place, but it may not come soon enough to save large chunks of German industry.” (Miller writes a blog on Medium.)

In early March, President Biden hosted German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Washington. The trip included only two public events—a brief pro forma exchange of compliments between Biden and Scholz before the White House press corps, with no questions allowed; and a CNN interview with Scholz by Fareed Zakaria, who did not touch on the pipeline allegations. The chancellor had flown to Washington with no members of the German press on board, no formal dinner scheduled, and the two world leaders were not slated to conduct a press conference, as routinely happens at such high-profile meetings. Instead, it was later reported that Biden and Scholz had an 80-minute meeting, with no aides present for much of the time. There have been no statements or written understandings made public since then by either government, but I was told by someone with access to diplomatic intelligence that there was a discussion of the pipeline exposé and, as a result, certain elements in the Central Intelligence Agency were asked to prepare a cover story in collaboration with German intelligence that would provide the American and German press with an alternative version for the destruction of Nord Stream 2. In the words of the intelligence community, the agency was “to pulse the system” in an effort to discount the claim that Biden had ordered the pipelines’ destruction.

At this point, it must be noted that Chancellor Scholz, whether or not he was alerted of the destruction of the pipeline in advance—still an open question—has clearly been complicit since last fall in support of the Biden Administration’s cover-up of its operation in the Baltic Sea.

The agency did its job and, with the help of German intelligence, concocted and planted stories about an ad hoc “off the books” operation that had led to the destruction of the pipelines. The scam had two elements: a March 7 report in the New York Times citing an anonymous American official claiming that “[n]ew intelligence…suggests” that “a pro-Ukrainian group” may have been involved in the pipeline’s destruction; and a report the same day in Der Zeit, Germany’s most widely read weekly newspaper, stating that German investigative officials had tracked down a chartered luxury sailing yacht that was known to have set off on September 6 from the German port at Rostock past Bornholm island off the coast of Denmark. The island is a few miles from the area where the pipelines were destroyed on September 26. The yacht had been rented from Ukrainian owners and manned by a party of six: a captain, two divers, two divers’ assistants, and a doctor. Five were men, and one a woman. False passports were involved.

The two publications included cautions in their stories noting that, as the Times put it, “there was much they did not know.” The new information was, however, also said to have given officials “increased . . . optimism” that a firm conclusion about the perpetrators would be reached. But it would take a long time, according to various senior officials in Washington and Germany. The message was that the press and the public should stop asking questions and let the investigators unravel the truth. Which, of course, would never come. Holger Stark, the author of the report in Die Zeit, went a step further and noted that there were some “in international security services” who had not excluded the possibility that the yacht story “was a false flag operation.” Indeed, it was.

“It was a total fabrication by American intelligence that was passed along to the Germans, and aimed at discrediting your story,” I was told by a source within the American intelligence community. The disinformation professionals inside the CIA understand that a propaganda gambit can only work if those on receiving are desperate for a story that can diminish or displace an unwanted truth. And the truth in question is that President Joe Biden authorized the destruction of the pipelines and will have a difficult time explaining away his action as Germany and its Western European neighbors suffer as businesses are shuttered amid high day-to-day energy costs.

Ironically, the most telling evidence about the weakness of the New York Times report came from one of three Times reporters whose bylines were on the story. A few days after publication of the story, the reporter, Julian Barnes, was interviewed on the popular Times podcast The Daily by host Michael Barbaro. Here’s the transcript:

HOST: Who exactly was responsible for this attack? And how did you and our colleagues go about figuring that out?

REPORTER: Well, I think what happened was for much of the investigation, we weren’t asking exactly the right questions.
HOST: Hmm. And what were the right questions?​
REPORTER: Well, we had logically been focused on countries.
HOST: Mm-hmm.​
REPORTER: All those states that we just went through, did Russia do it? Did the Ukraine state do it? And that was just hitting dead end after dead end. We weren’t finding officials who were telling us that there was credible evidence pointing at a government. So my colleagues Adam Entous, Adam Goldman, and I started asking a different question. Could this have been done by non-state actors?

HOST: Hmm.​
REPORTER: Could this have been done by a group of individuals who were not working for a government?

HOST: Kind of like freelance saboteurs. So where did you take this new question?

REPORTER: Well, we started asking, who might these saboteurs be? Or if we couldn’t answer that, who might they be aligned with? Could they be pro-Russian saboteurs? Could they be other saboteurs? And the more we talk to officials who had access to intelligence, the more we saw this theory gaining traction.

HOST: Mm-hmm.

REPORTER: And my initial thought that this could be pro-Russian saboteurs turned out to be wrong. And we learned that it was most likely a pro-Ukrainian group.​
HOST: Hmm. So in other words, a group of people who did this on behalf of Ukraine. What do you learn that makes you think that’s what happened?​
REPORTER: Michael, I should be very clear that we know really very little, right? This group remains mysterious. And it remains mysterious not just to us, but also to the US government officials that we have spoken to. They know that the people involved were either Ukrainian, or Russian, or a mix. They know that they are not affiliated with the Ukrainian government. But they know they’re also anti-Putin and pro-Ukraine.
HOST: So after all this investigative reporting, what you find is that the culprit here is a group of people who want the same thing as Ukraine, but aren’t officially tied to the government of Ukraine. But I’m curious how certain you are that these individuals are not connected to the Ukrainian government?
REPORTER: Well, the intelligence right now says they’re not. And while officials are telling us that the president of Ukraine and his key advisors did not know, we can’t be certain that that’s true or that somebody else didn’t know.

The Times reporters in Washington were at the mercy of White House officials “who had access to intelligence.” But the information they received originated with a group of CIA experts in deception and propaganda whose mission was to feed the newspaper a cover story—and to protect a president who made an unwise decision and is now lying about it.

As a fun follow up to the the Hersh post, Alex Christoforou has come closest to cracking the narrative source the CIA and German intel used for their story. Its devilish, its profound, its uber intelligence at work... no less than the ace team from Gilligan's Island!

Untitled.jpg

Frightening thing is, he may have a point! His explanation starts at marked video below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom