Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Guys, I have to say we are at a scary place with the power the mainstream media has over people's minds. It won't end with this Ukraine conflict or with covid. A rubicon has been crossed where the minds of the majority are completely beholden to whatever narrative the mainstream media pushes. I don't think we fully appreciate how scary this situation is and what things can happen due to this!

...we are cast as the "allies" and Russia (perhaps China) as the "villains".

Mar. 13, 2022, RT (emphases mine)

Japan launches joint maritime drills with US

The exercise, which involves both air- and seaborne landings, will be the first of its kind, the US military said

Japan’s Ground Self-Defense Force (GSDF) launched three-week-long joint amphibious military drills with US troops stationed in Okinawa on Sunday. It stated that the exercise was aimed at deterring potential “aggression” from “competitors.”

Its Amphibious Rapid Deployment Brigade is to participate alongside the US’ 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, Japan’s Kyodo news agency reported. The exercise, which marks the first large-scale drill in the Indo-Pacific involving both units, will run through March 25, according to Marine Corps Captain Nicole Gallegos.

Earlier this month, GSDF chief General Yoshihide Yoshida, revealed that the drills would involve 440 Japanese soldiers and 600 US Marines. It will see participants land from the sea and the air as well as various “combat situations” on the ground, Kyodo said. Japan is set to use its US-made V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft for the first time, it added, citing officials.

Commanding officer Colonel Michael Nakonieczny praised the forces as “two of the best trained and most prepared crisis response” units in the so-called ‘first island chain’. He said the primary purpose of the exercise was to “deter competitor and adversary aggression.”

The ‘first island chain’ refers to a chain of archipelagos encompassing Japan, Taiwan, the northern Philippines, Borneo, and the Kuril and Ryukyu Islands in the southwest to Russia’s Sakhalin Island and Kamchatka Peninsula in the northeast. The term has been used both by China and the US in their relevant foreign policy and military strategies.

The Senkaku islands – an uninhabited group northeast of Taiwan, in the East China Sea – also fall within that chain. The isles are currently administered by Japan but are considered by Beijing to be disputed territory.

According to Kyodo, the drills are part of the US Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations concept – a strategy aimed at preventing America’s adversaries, such as China, from impeding US military engagement in areas of concern. The concept includes a persistent naval presence in such regions, even under normal circumstances.

Neither Japan nor the US has named the specific adversary that prompted the drills.
However, the announcement of the exercise was made roughly two weeks after the Japanese Foreign Ministry claimed the four southernmost Kuril Islands were being “occupied” by Russia. Tokyo has compared the “occupation” to Russia’s February attack on Ukraine and claims “it contradicts international law,” according to the Russian news agency TASS.

The Kuril Islands have been a point of contention between Moscow and Tokyo for decades. Russia acquired them after the end of World War Two and considers them an inalienable part of its territory. However, Japan continues to insist it has sovereignty. The dispute over the isles prevented the two nations from signing a formal peace treaty after the war.

Guys, I have to say we are at a scary place with the power the mainstream media has over people's minds. It won't end with this Ukraine conflict or with covid. A rubicon has been crossed where the minds of the majority are completely beholden to whatever narrative the mainstream media pushes. I don't think we fully appreciate how scary this situation is and what things can happen due to this!
I fully appreciate the gravity of the end of the world!:-) Being scared is a choice is all I’m saying. As sad as it is, we’re toward the end of the cycle, like a clothes washer on spin. It’s a violent whirlwind! But I won’t let myself be scared, no matter how frightening it becomes. Fear is the enemy. The least I can do is disappoint the enemy by smiling. I’m going out singing, probably some happy Zeppelin song like Misty Mountain Hop. Yeah, that’s a good one!

So the "International Center for Peacekeeping and Security in Lviv", a large training facility in the forest near Lviv in Western Ukraine, 25kms from the Polish border, received an airstrike last night. You probably saw the videos of the aftermath. This was a staging ground for NATO training of Ukie forces, including Azov etc. in the use of MANPADs and other weaponry and training. Those trained and armed are then sent to attack Russian forces.

Russian Def. Min. and other reports put the number of dead at 170 out of 200. A significant number of these were NATO country member forces. Needless to say, NATO was not expecting such an attack. It's quite possible that in the near future, we'll wake up one day to learn that air or missile strikes of the RF have hit a similar training facility inside Polish territory. NATO will immediately call a meeting to decide what to do about it, and then do nothing.

The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. Don't sweat it. Sit back and enjoy the show.

I have underestimated the propaganda in the UK as I don't consume the BBC or any mainstream news outlet. Usually when I drive I tend to listen to music but yesterday I decided to listen to the radio and in specific a news section. My God! What they've done is oversimplified the whole narrative to a) really heighten people's emotions and b) provide a channel for that emotional outpouring. Putin is casted as the evil villain, almost like a caricature and he's this thing that is both scary and irrational despite the best efforts of the "civilized" world to rationalize with him. They really are hitting the high notes in terms of getting people into a heightened emotional state and I have to say they are succeeding. At work, I was on a call where one of the participants during general chit chat was actually saying it was our moral duty to "intervene" in the war.

I showed a few people I know the video I posted previously of the lady from Russia doing interviews and the response I got was unexpected. Rather than seeing the people being interviewed as normal human beings, disgust and outrage was invoked because apparently the interviewees were not morally outraged enough and condemning Putin to the extent of even calling for an overthrow. Because they did not convey this they were seen as complicit and in fact guilty.

I'm getting the feeling that a situation is arising where people are being primed for a wider hot war where of course we are cast as the "allies" and Russia (perhaps China) as the "villains". The population has been primed from years of war and superhero movies to be highly susceptible to such narratives and of course to expect the "happy ever after" ending where the villain is banished. I do think if such a situation was to occur, and I do think there's a high chance it might, men will be asked to conscript and it'll be a "moral" duty to do so because the conflict will be a moral one. I'm already sensing that women in particular will be used to really leverage this on the men in their lives. Slightly worried...

Don't sweat it. This the just the death rattles of the Western powers. They're liars, through and through. They talk, scream, rant, and do nothing. Beacause they don't actually care about the things they claim to care about. The target is, as always, the population, and it is through these psychos that a 'higher power' is working. See it for what it is: a bunch of hysterical drama, with no substance. Most of the people in the West who are responding in the way you describe are easily manipulated and distracted mindless pawns. Distracting and hystericizing them is and end in itself.

@SOTTREADER

Indulge me for one last time please, as I would like to clarify myself a bit more. Every day I begin by checking SOTT. Usually within a few minutes I’m livid, really wishing some people would just wake up or die already. An unhealthy lack of objectivity. I’m as bad as can be about keeping emotional distance. But here’s the thing, I came to SOTT after reading The Wave Series, and then rereading it, and referencing it often. Not to mention SHOTW, CATHOM, Pierre’s extraordinary work (my dad was an astrophysicist, and as a child I spent endless hours in his lab at the University, fascinated by astronomy), and many of the works in the reading list. Anyway, it’s a matter of balance. When the news starts making you sick, maybe pick up Through A Glass Darkly to remind yourself just how long this has been coming. Or Stripped To The Bone for that matter. I’ve followed your journey here from your earliest posts, and I remember that it took a bit of loving guidance at first. My only intent here is to help you to not let the news wind you up too tightly. We’ve been told the numbers. It’s deeply unsettling to see it actually happening right in front of us, sometimes sitting across from us at our own dinner tables. But we all chose to be incarnated at this time to learn what we each need on our individual paths. We can have pity for those farther back on the road, knowing what they have ahead of them, but if they’re not ready to wake up, it’s because they’re not ready, not because we failed to smack them. I look at my beautiful, brilliant cat, who I know is right on the cusp of becoming 3D very soon. Probably in the next round. I must remain happy for her moving up to the next level, though I know that means endless cycles of human level learning and its inherent suffering. But I love her, and I want her to grow. Anyway, I’ve really rambled on here. Apologies to all for the tangent.

From RT, Mar. 11.
Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, speaking with CTV News alongside Trudeau, claimed Canada was throwing “everything we have at this and noted that economic sanctions imposed by numerous countries on Russia have already made their impact.

She is up to her neck in her own jackboots.

Guys, I have to say we are at a scary place with the power the mainstream media has over people's minds.

Yes, and with 2 years of covid fear priming of minds, this next stage of media mass psychoses was like putty, utilizing the old Russian program plugged back in.

As an aside, noticed under UNIFIER (Canada), they are also operating under these packages (NATO of course):

From back on January 16th, 2022 there was a Canadian arms manufacturing move:

When it is built, it likely won’t please Moscow.

Nope, understandably not pleased at all.

Canada to Build Small Arms Ammunition Factory in Ukraine​

by Peter Suciu

Ukraine has been unable to produce small arms ammunition since Russian-backed separatists took part of the country’s territory in 2014. The Eastern European nation’s sole facility is still in territory controlled by opposition forces, and Kiev has called on the West for assistance. As part of a $60 million security assistance package, small arms and ammunition were delivered to the country in December 2021.

The security package is designed to bolster Ukraine’s self-defense capability and to address the buildup of Russian forces near the country’s borders. Last year, the United States delivered approximately $450 million in security assistance to Ukraine.

Now it looks as if some Canadian-based firms are going further. An effort to build an ammunition plant in Ukraine is underway, and it involves a number of Ontario companies as well as the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) in Ottawa.

“CCC’s support to Ukraine is currently at the exploratory stage,” Mouktar Abdillahi, a spokesperson for the corporation, told The National Post this week. CCC, a federal Crown corporation, was created to help Canadian-based firms secure international contracts with foreign governments.

Oh Canada

After Russian-backed separatists gained control of Eastern Ukraine and Moscow annexed the Crimean Peninsula in 2014, Canada sent troops to train Ukraine’s military {and got caught training Azov thugs} .

It was in December 2017 that the House of Commons Defence Committee first recommended that the Canadian government provide weapons to Ukraine. Yet there was a condition: Kiev had to demonstrate it was working to eliminate corruption at all levels of government {:lol:}. Ukraine has long been considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world, and in recent years its government has been trying to deal with the problem.

To date, Ottawa has already supplied military equipment to Ukraine, including mine-clearing gear, helmets, tents, first-aid kits, and bullet-proof vests. In addition, a Winnipeg-based company has provided sniper rifles.

Ammunition Plant

There have been a number of twists and turns over the past seven months since the ammunition factory was first proposed. As The National Post reported in June, Waterbury Farrel of Brampton, Ont. announced it had joined with a newly created firm called GL Munitions, based in Toronto, to provide Ukraine with an ammunition-production facility. {GL Munitions}.

In addition, Waterbury Farrel stated it was working with the Canadian government, through the CCC, to actually meet that goal. Ukroboronprom, Ukraine’s organization of defense firms, was also involved in the venture. {Ukroboronprom - "...is a strategic manufacturer of weapons and military hardware in Ukraine. The Concern consolidates state unitary enterprises, including state enterprises, in the strategic sectors of the national defense industry, employing about 67,000 highly skilled workers.}

Trouble began after GL Munitions was dissolved, and Andrew Leslie, a former Liberal MP and retired Canadian Forces lieutenant general, who was also a director at the company, told the Canadian news outlet that he was no longer associated with the venture. Leslie declined to provide further details, while Waterbury Farrel did not respond to a request for comment to the publication.

The next turn came on November 5, when the CCC informed Ukroboronprom that GL Munitions had changed its corporate structure, noting, “The founders of the Corporation have indicated that these changes will expedite the process towards finalizing the creation of the small-arms ammunition depot.”

To add to the confusion, the CCC revealed the existence of a new firm called Gold Leaf Munitions, The National Post reported. It had the same address in Toronto as GL Munitions.

At this point it seems that the Canadian firms are trying to move forward, but if and when the facility is built remains unknown.

When it is built, it likely won’t please Moscow.

Russian president Vladimir Putin has repeatedly threatened a military response if NATO nations, including Canada, were to continue with “unfriendly” actions including an “obviously aggressive stance” concerning Ukraine. Putin has also demanded that Ukraine never be allowed to join NATO and that the defense alliance scale back its troops and weapons in the region. Russia has even warned that it will sever ties with the United States if it sanctions Putin over the Ukraine crisis.

Peter Suciu is a Michigan-based writer who has contributed to more than four dozen magazines, newspapers and websites. He regularly writes about military small arms, and is the author of several books on military headgear including A Gallery of Military Headdress, which is available on Amazon.com.

@SOTTREADER

Indulge me for one last time please, as I would like to clarify myself a bit more. Every day I begin by checking SOTT. Usually within a few minutes I’m livid, really wishing some people would just wake up or die already. An unhealthy lack of objectivity. I’m as bad as can be about keeping emotional distance. But here’s the thing, I came to SOTT after reading The Wave Series, and then rereading it, and referencing it often. Not to mention SHOTW, CATHOM, Pierre’s extraordinary work (my dad was an astrophysicist, and as a child I spent endless hours in his lab at the University, fascinated by astronomy), and many of the works in the reading list. Anyway, it’s a matter of balance. When the news starts making you sick, maybe pick up Through A Glass Darkly to remind yourself just how long this has been coming. Or Stripped To The Bone for that matter. I’ve followed your journey here from your earliest posts, and I remember that it took a bit of loving guidance at first. My only intent here is to help you to not let the news wind you up too tightly. We’ve been told the numbers. It’s deeply unsettling to see it actually happening right in front of us, sometimes sitting across from us at our own dinner tables. But we all chose to be incarnated at this time to learn what we each need on our individual paths. We can have pity for those farther back on the road, knowing what they have ahead of them, but if they’re not ready to wake up, it’s because they’re not ready, not because we failed to smack them. I look at my beautiful, brilliant cat, who I know is right on the cusp of becoming 3D very soon. Probably in the next round. I must remain happy for her moving up to the next level, though I know that means endless cycles of human level learning and its inherent suffering. But I love her, and I want her to grow. Anyway, I’ve really rambled on here. Apologies to all for the tangent.
Thanks for that.

I have managed to find a place of equilibrium where I don't necessarily have to get emotionally sucked into world events. I can keep tabs on what is going on and sort of live a "double life" to a certain extent e.g. not take any jabs or believe whatever the BBC is selling but come off as such amongst the totally brainwashed.

What makes the Ukraine situation particularly difficult for me is that my partner is HEAVILY invested in the narrative - this wasn't so much the case for covid. There is no "middle ground". There is no complexity to the situation. It is simple, Putin is evil and Russians aren't too far behind. I could do the "double life" thing at work or even with friends but never had to consider even attempting it with my partner. Now it appears I have to, to some extent as the barrier is what it is - a formidable forcefield. I suppose seeing the power of the narrative on someone's mind kind of makes me a bit sad because like, people are standing no chance to even consider they are under a spell. Mind you it's not a topic I dwell on - its one of those subjects to not mention and if it comes up, to navigate very carefully but even that is difficult because of the over simplification of the subject i.e. Putin / Russia is evil and can't be anything other than this.

I don't think its unwarranted to feel sad or worried on behest of a loved one.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

I have managed to find a place of equilibrium where I don't necessarily have to get emotionally sucked into world events. I can keep tabs on what is going on and sort of live a "double life" to a certain extent e.g. not take any jabs or believe whatever the BBC is selling but come off as such amongst the totally brainwashed.

What makes the Ukraine situation particularly difficult for me is that my partner is HEAVILY invested in the narrative - this wasn't so much the case for covid. There is no "middle ground". There is no complexity to the situation. It is simple, Putin is evil and Russians aren't too far behind. I could do the "double life" thing at work or even with friends but never had to consider even attempting it with my partner. Now it appears I have to, to some extent as the barrier is what it is - a formidable forcefield. I suppose seeing the power of the narrative on someone's mind kind of makes me a bit sad because like, people are standing no chance to even consider they are under a spell. Mind you it's not a topic I dwell on - its one of those subjects to not mention and if it comes up, to navigate very carefully but even that is difficult because of the over simplification of the subject i.e. Putin / Russia is evil and can't be anything other than this.

I don't think its unwarranted to feel sad or worried in behest of a loved one.
If it helps, your description of your partner describes my wife exactly. Completely invested. I have to live a life of Strategic Enclosure in my own house. The merest comment could potentially trigger a complete collapse of my life. It’s probably why the cat likes her better!:rotfl:

If it helps, your description of your partner describes my wife exactly. Completely invested. I have to live a life of Strategic Enclosure in my own house. The merest comment could potentially trigger a complete collapse of my life. It’s probably why the cat likes her better!:rotfl:
I'm thinking I might flip to the other extreme and agree that Putin is the devil and the world will descend into WW3 and we will all die in a fiery hell of nuclear bombs or the hunger and disease to follow. Let's see how that goes - won't disagree but will actually worry even more than she does. Say there's a huge conspiracy and actually most Ukrainians are now dead but the media is hiding it from us and Russian soldiers eat the dead children for breakfast. Do you think this will fly or will I get accused of not taking it seriously? 😂

Thanks for that.

I don't think its unwarranted to feel sad or worried on behest of a loved one.

Mate, not an easy situation to be in, when one's partner is heavily invested, but I have been there through Covid. It is an opportunity to learn to shut up and say nothing. Don't comment, don't steer conversations in that direction, and don't react. Awesome the self control it helps build. Oh, and when you blow it, just leave it behind and try again. Surprisingly, my wife is far less invested in the Ukraine thing, probably because when I saw this coming I had done some quiet ground work, pointing out what the US was doing. And she is not a fan of the US which helped.

I'm thinking I might flip to the other extreme and agree that Putin is the devil and the world will descend into WW3 and we will all die in a fiery hell of nuclear bombs or the hunger and disease to follow. Let's see how that goes - won't disagree but will actually worry even more than she does. Say there's a huge conspiracy and actually most Ukrainians are now dead but the media is hiding it from us and Russian soldiers eat the dead children for breakfast. Do you think this will fly or will I get accused of not taking it seriously?
Declare yourself in transition to a new alphabet sex of your own invention and you are a shoo-in in next year’s primary.

Back
Top Bottom