Protesting in DC this wednesday - Best way to make an impact?

Cyre2067

The Living Force
I was planning to attend the protests in DC this wednesday and until recently I hadn't really thought about the best way to use the opportunity. At first, I was planning just to document the event with a digital camera and/or a cam corder, getting individuals thoughts and such and then throwing it up on the net. But then I thought maybe I should bring some flyers with info on ponerology, comets, etc - which totally clouded my mind as soon as I thought of it as to what to bring. Then again - maybe that was the purpose of the thought in the first place and maybe it didn't originate from my mind per se.

Anyway given the unreliable state of my reading instrument I figured I'd see what y'all thought. Kinda interesting, before writing this post I was unsure and now that I've written it I think just documenting it would be fitting. Posting anyway - maybe there's something I've missed.

Cyre,

Having just been to the Iraq War Protest in London this weekend without flyers, I was quite annoyed at myself for not taking any along.

There were literally hundreds of people handing out flyers left, right and centre for all kinds of websites and interest groups, some good some not so good (such as infowars). I have been talking to a few friends who were also there, and we have decided to take flyers to all future marches we go on so that were keeping up with the competition so to speak. Although I was also a bit annoyed at myself for not documenting the march more and taking more than the 3 rather shaky pictures that I could with my phone. Either approach would work really well I belive and if your not handing out leaflets, you could still raise people's awareness by bringing up topics such as ponerology and comets.

Good luck with whatever course of action you take and watch out for the local law enforcers. Myself and two friends were accosted and asked all sorts of intrusive and personal questions about who we were and what we were doing there (for no other reason than walking on by them).

Cyre, good luck and have wise serpents and gentle doves as guardians by both your sides!

i'm not careful, if i had a chance to attend, i would definitely paint in red bold POLITICAL PONEROLOGY on my front, and on my t-shirt, so everybody passing by would pay attention to such a trailblazer display! And then, if they just yahoo it, they would find a way here.

well, not being able to go there, and paint my face, try to help in other ways.

If there is a will, there is a way.

Of course I could be mistaken, but documenting the event wouldn't inform anyone, but it could be a dangerous tool in the hands of the police, since they would have all the faces of the people participating - even though they would probably get that anyway... where as handing out flyers or wearing a t-shirt does have the potential of informing the public. Or so I think.

Appollynon said:
Cyre,
Having just been to the Iraq War Protest in London this weekend without flyers, I was quite annoyed at myself for not taking any along.
Yes, that's because we don't have anything to hand out... Now there would be 'project' for a group or an individual!?

Sometimes people forget that there are many people who are completely unaware of this website or maybe don't have any regular internet connection. There are a myriad of ways to communicate and we shouldn't just rely on people finding out on their own, or telling our friends/family and expect them to become immediate enthusiasts (since when has THAT ever worked anyway?). :)

There just doesn't seem to be any 'conscious raising' bits and pieces available from either SOTT or QFG. Perhaps I am misinformed?

Ruth said:
Yes, that's because we don't have anything to hand out... Now there would be 'project' for a group or an individual!?
Uhmmm - Ruth, not sure if you missed it, but there is this: http://www.sott.net/signs/promote_sott.php

Ruth said:
Sometimes people forget that there are many people who are completely unaware of this website or maybe don't have any regular internet connection.
And why would you think that 'people' forget that?

Ruth said:
There are a myriad of ways to communicate and we shouldn't just rely on people finding out on their own, or telling our friends/family and expect them to become immediate enthusiasts (since when has THAT ever worked anyway?).
And why would you think that anyone 'relies' on such methods? Just curious, no offense intended.

Ruth said:
There just doesn't seem to be any 'conscious raising' bits and pieces available from either SOTT or QFG. Perhaps I am misinformed?
Perhaps.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ordered 300 flyers from staples in b&w, could got 50 in color for the same price so I hope the b&w ones come out okay. Another minor bit - the flyers in the promote sott section still have the old internet addy, i know it forwards, but perhaps an update is in order? And if the were remodeled with b&w in mind it would make distribution easier as printing lots in color is expensive.

Ruth said:
Hey Ruth,

I should have maybe explained a little better, but I do have some leaflets and flyers I have created with some of the images downloaded form the promote SOTT link that Anart posted. I have two different types. One is a smallish A5 which is colour and double sided with the 6% Psychopaths image on one side, and the Crop Circles on the other. I have found this leaflet very eyecatching with the poeple I have spoken to about it when handing it out in Australia, and my friends in the UK also like it. I think this is a good double image to use as the image fo the intricate crop circles, as well as the humour shows that there is a lighter side to the site and that there are many mysteries to be talked about here. The 6% image is also especially eyecatching for women (or so I've been told), as many more women have come into direct contact with these individuals than guys. I also think this image gets people thinking about more human values and why the world is so war-torn and full of hatered/selfishness. I've been told the combination of the two images is both humerous and edgy, so I've stuck with it for a while now.

I also have a larger double sided and coloured A4 leaflet, which has details about the incosistencies of 9/11 and the "Official story", as well as a link and image to the SOTT site and the forum here. Admittedly I'm not solely responsible for it's design, and it focuses on the twin towers aspect of that day as opposed to the Pentagon strike, but I'm wokring this weekend on re-vamping it to focus on the Pentagon with pictures and facts from the research both myself and others have done.

Ruth said:
I would have to disagree with you on this point, I feel quite the opposite, that in fact there is a whole gammut of consious/consiousness raising material available from the SOTT team and QFG. I guess I figured that I don't need any promotional material handed to me in spoon-fed or pre-preapared fashion, so I got a little creative and used what was here already to create material which I hope will strike a few chords of resonance with those who read or see them.

I think there are many people involved with supporting the site and joining in when they can on the forum, who try in their own way to promote the SOTT page. these individuals try to help wake people up to the objective truth's we can learn through the site here and our own researching. Just becuase they don't always make an announcment about it, doesn't mean they aren't trying to help in different and varied ways. Sometimes it's a case of trial and error to find out which way works best for an individual to help and which ways to communicate with others.

Cyre,

I think if you download the images form the promtoion page onto your own computer, and use a graphics package to edit them, you can likley achieve a black and white or at least greyscale colour which could be reproduced without colour printing. I was also wondering like you, about the possibility of the creator of the images changing the website addresses on the images. This can be done on some of the images by simply cretaing a new text box and overlaying above the old website address, however on an image such as the crop circles, there is a background watermark which I have been struggling to re-create.

Let us know how you got on.

Back
Top Bottom