Propaganda Alert! Surveillance Program Gains Support

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
From SOTT - Comment: This is the most typical and blatant kind of propaganda. The "poll" is supposed to convince the average American that all his friends and neighbors think it is okey, so if he is thinking otherwise, then there must be something wrong with him. So, if you want an example of the kind of writing that the Pentagon is paying for in its expansive "information wars" program, this is a good one.

And here's another one...
A couple of nights ago, Fox News covered a speech Bush gave at some conservative dinner of some kind where he was defending his wire-tapping policies. Yadda, yippee, yayay. After a bit of this, the "fair and balanced" reporter covering the event then let his TV audience in on what was actually said by Bush when Bush began to have audio "problems" and felt free enough to speak off the cuff, as it were, with the mike off. First, Mr. Fox News played back Bush saying that whatever he was saying was to stay in the room - we TV viewers were about to become privy to W's private thoughts on things!

Then Bush made some disparaging remark about clearing the room of the press, because, of course, they are so biased. Chuckles from his constituancy. After hearing this, I began to wonder - gee, is Fox News actually turning a new page on Bush? Are they beginning to reveal this guy in any truthful, significant way?? The reporter played another secretly recorded sound bite. Now W was telling his crowd, off the cuff, and I'm paraphrasing here, that (by golly) he worked really hard on making sure that the wire tapping was on the up and up. Legal and correct and done with the highest integrity.

And then it hit me that Fox had become more sophisticated since I had last watched a few minutes of it.

First, we're given to think that we're getting an honest sincere W because we hear him say, in so many words, that he hates the press. Then comes the punchline. We get Bush being 'sincere' about his good intentions in regards to his wiretapping. See - he really cares about civil liberties because this is what he says when he's sure no one in the press is listening. And of course the whole audio malfunction thing was probably a complete set up just so we hear Bush be "sincere"!

Bingo - the same thing was said by Yahoo news - they set it up that he thought the mic was off and got the press out of the room. The last line in the article was "His private statements were basically no different from what he's said in public."

It was carried on Rense as well. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom