Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

Thousands protest over soaring prices in Spain​

Another wave of demonstrations hit Madrid as costs continue to rise amid the Russia-Ukraine conflict
Thousands protest over soaring prices in Spain

Thousands of protesters take part in a demonstration organised by farmer trade unions and hunting federations demanding 'a future for the countryside' in Madrid, Spain. © Miguel Candela / SOPA Images / LightRocket via Getty Images
Thousands of farmers and hunters marched through Madrid on Sunday in a mass demonstration dubbed “20M Rural,” protesting against the government’s inability to curb rising prices amid the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
The agricultural workers, waiving Spanish flags and whistling, marched through the streets accompanied by tractors blowing their horns. The demonstrators were protesting against rising prices on fuel, energy and food, and called on the government to help the sector, to stop speculation, and adopt new laws to regulate supply chains.

The countryside has come to say ‘Enough of the government pimping us and putting the food and work of many people at risk,’said Pedro Barato, head of the agricultural employers’ association ASAJA, adding that if the protesters’ demands were not met, it would demonstrate the “irresponsibility” of Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez.
Today is the start of looking for solutions… Enough is enough, let the head of government stop traveling and start acting,” he told journalists during the march.
Official sources estimated that 150,000 people attended the “20M Rural” mass protest in Madrid, which was organized and promoted by Alianza Rural, COAG, ASAJA and other agricultural worker’s unions. However, the organizers reported more than 400,000 people took part. The demonstration successfully concluded on Sunday afternoon without incident.
The mass protests were backed by leaders of opposition parties Vox, Partido Popular and Ciudadanos. Santiago Abascal, the president of the far-right Vox party, reportedly demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez.
A spokesman for Citizens in the Congress of Deputies, Edmundo Bal, hinted that the PM’s actions were insulting to agriculture workers.
“He treats us like idiots. And he wants us to believe that Putin is to blame for this situation,” he claimed, as quoted by the Spanish news outlet Vozpopuli.
China, India, America and the EU: Who wins from the Ukraine war, and who loses?
Read more
China, India, America and the EU: Who wins from the Ukraine war, and who loses?

The unprecedented economic sanctions were imposed on Russia by the international community in retaliation for the country’s attack on neighboring Ukraine in late February. The sanctions included such measures as asset freezes affecting an extended list of Russian officials and businessmen, as well as the closure of airspace over most European countries and curbs on exports and imports of certain goods, raw materials and energy sources. These sanctions have already had an impact on the global economy, as many countries are now experiencing rising prices on energy, gas and other commodities due to the disruption of supply chains.

Swedish farmers may be forced to reduce their harvests by as much as half due to a shortage of manure and fertilizers caused by the conflict in Ukraine and associated sanctions war.

I started watching this guy's videos pretty regularly. I may have started watching him about 6 months ago or so. His vids are pretty short (and even shorter at 2x speed) and are info and data packed. He also provides links in the description to all the news items he talks about, which is nice.

When I first started watching him, he was a pretty to very well-informed alt-finance type guy. He is still that, but I'm seeing more content creators like him 'ring the bell' of warning to what is happening and is coming. From today:

This is the first article he talks about, which I think is a pretty good run down of things in terms of the food and energy situation here and coming. Rogers International Commodity Index RJA: Buy Your Groceries Now

edit added: things would certainly get even more 'interesting', if crazy/killer clown show US/West also pushes China and sanctions fly back and forth...

I wouldn't be surprised and as the C's said last session:

Q: (Joe) What are the chances of China invading Taiwan in the near future?

A: High.

Last edited:
Thousands of Disgruntled Spaniards Demonstrate in Madrid Against Soaring Fuel and Food Prices

Reports that fishermen in #Spain announce a strike due to increasing fuel prices

Here in the USA, this past Thursday, President Biden announced:
"With regard to food shortages, yes we did talk about food shortages. And then it's going to be real," Biden said at a press conference in Belgium after attending meetings of NATO and G7 leaders.
Full article here: Biden warns of global food shortages as Russia-Ukraine war upends wheat supplies

Meanwhile in Europe as well:
Supermarket chains in Greece said on Thursday they are restricting how much flour and sunflower oil customers can buy, saying the step was precautionary after seeing demand rise on worries supplies will be hit due to the war in Ukraine.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine has led to a surge in prices and concerns about product shortages across industries in the European Union. Both Russia and Ukraine are key suppliers of sunflower oil and wheat.

Following similar measures in Spain and Italy, four Greek supermarket chains - AB, Sklavenitis, Kritikos and My Market - said they had limited online and in some cases in-store purchases this week of flour and sunflower oil. AB said it has placed a limit of 3 bags of flour and 3 bottles of oil per customer.
Full article here:
Greek supermarkets restricting flour, sunflower oil purchases as customers start hoarding, similar limits enforced across Europe amidst shortages

I started watching this guy's videos pretty regularly. I may have started watching him about 6 months ago or so. His vids are pretty short (and even shorter at 2x speed) and are info and data packed. He also provides links in the description to all the news items he talks about, which is nice.
[..]

This is the first article he talks about, which I think is a pretty good run down of things in terms of the food and energy situation here and coming. Rogers International Commodity Index RJA: Buy Your Groceries Now

things would certainly get even more 'interesting', [..]

They will get really interesting when the sanctions will fully hit the sanctionistas and the USD/Petro-Dollar starts his freefall. Even without any sanctions and food shortages going on the fall of the USD as reserve currency alone should throw US of A into the worst crisis ever. So far i dont see/hear anyone addressing this topic.

And Russia/Putin is executing a full attack on the USD probably backed by several other nations including Saudia-Arabia who seems to have turned their back on America knowing that "the plan" sees china as the new, dominant world-power and possibly future seat of the NWO governement.

It has been 2 weeks since the canned corn went up 27%.
I bought some more today. It was $2.49 in West Michigan (that is now a 99% increase in 3 weeks time.)

The store seemed very well stocked (they finally had our cat food available!)

I do not know what the meat section looked like. We have switched to a local farm’s retail store for meat. I got shook by the gene-edited beef story in the news ☹️

Here north of Cincinnati, OH, there are STILL no panic shoppers, I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon for more canned food, and a lot of the prices of the products remain about the same and you still find deals and promotions, beef, certain cuts if that is what I have seen is getting ridiculously priced, up to almost $20 dollars for a small piece and it's not necessarily the best cut.

I think I'm good for almost a year for now. It is interesting in many ways this situation, it sure could be very complicated if you do not prepare in time.
Personally it happened to me that a year and a half ago I got very serious about accumulating food as if it was going to happen tomorrow, on the one hand that helped me to have what I needed, but now I feel more relaxed because I do as far as my possibilities are, because I live in a not very big apartment and the truth is that I could not accumulate much food where I live, but also on the other hand, it requires a little math and know if you ration food, how many cans or pounds of rice or others you need to feed yourself for a month or several months rationing it.
Another thing that happened to me is that I had to throw away some food, especially nuts and seeds that went bad after several months. I'm sure that's also part of learning to store.
I have the impression that for sure this coming situation about food shortage, for sure represents a paradigm shift in our food habits and resources, for sure preparing is the best, but also being open and flexible to learn from this coming challenge, maybe it could be that it represents a necessary change in our usual ways of perceiving and/or generating resources, social organization, habits, etc, not in the sense of accepting to eat insect flour as the deep state proposes, but in a more balanced, conscious and human sense towards the earth.

I've been going to different supermarkets checking prices and stock. Shelves are stocked and not much panic buying as far as I can tell. Prices on some items has gone up by a euro or 2. Aldi is still the cheapest for canned food, I've been going once a week for the last 3 weeks and stocking up on canned tuna, fruit, tomatoes, carrots, to add to my stock of food I canned myself. Still get a lot, for very little money. Will keep doing this until the prices go up. Also Vaccume packed 5kg of rice the other day. I buy most of my meat at the local market (pork) and get beef online. No price hikes yet, all the talk in the media is soaring price hikes in the coming months but no shortages.

I heard boat loads of fertilizer are being refused from Dublin port because its from Russia. Farmers are obviously struggling, the Government say, grow more food. Soon it will be eat more bugs peasants.

Hi Esprit, thank you for networking about how you feel. I know the situation is just terrible but there are things that we can do. I think it might help, if you haven't already, to read and contemplate the thread 'Resistance and facing the inevitable' and especially luc's pep talk (page 4). I am sure it will lift your spirits as well as change your perspective so that you will be more able to lose the despair and instead focus more on your destiny and identify the areas in your being and life that need some attention:

The C's said that these are trying times for souls, but we all here have each other to stay strong and not yield to the pressures that are all around us. This is the moment to step up your game, get to work with an unwavering faith in the benevolence of the Universe.
Hang in there, big hugs :hug2:
This post is what I need! Thank you for this knowledge.
I will keep revisiting when doubt will creep in.

Someone forwarded this to me today. David Friedberg saying that "not a lot of planting is going on" in Ukraine ("the breadbasket of Europe") even though it is sowing season right now, and that he expects it to impact global food supply this year, particularly in poorer nations. Maybe just fear-mongering, I don't know.

What I would find worrying is that when people start to realize the problem more closely, a few smarter people will surely empty the stores and leave the majority without products or food.
This is definitely going to happen sooner or later. Once the first hint of a food shortage becomes obvious to everyone. Of course the MSM will probably put their oar in and make things worse. In the supermarket where I now work alas...there are quite a few items that are continually in short supply. When the staples such as rice, flour and sugar start to become hard to find then the hoarding will go into overdrive.

Someone forwarded this to me today. David Friedberg saying that "not a lot of planting is going on" in Ukraine ("the breadbasket of Europe") even though it is sowing season right now, and that he expects it to impact global food supply this year, particularly in poorer nations. Maybe just fear-mongering, I don't know.
It may indeed be good to put "the breadbasket of Europe" between quote mark.

I did a little search and found that: link (in French)

It list the 10 biggest production of cereals in the world for the 2018/2019 season (in kilotonnes)
  • Chine : 617,9
  • États-Unis : 440,1
  • Inde : 313,6
  • Russie : 131,1
  • Brésil : 117,8
  • Indonésie : 109,3
  • Argentine : 76,4
  • France : 64,5
  • Ukraine : 60,7
  • Canada : 56,3

So, France was above Ukraine.

It may indeed be good to put "the breadbasket of Europe" between quote mark.

I did a little search and found that: link (in French)

It list the 10 biggest production of cereals in the world for the 2018/2019 season (in kilotonnes)
  • Chine : 617,9
  • États-Unis : 440,1
  • Inde : 313,6
  • Russie : 131,1
  • Brésil : 117,8
  • Indonésie : 109,3
  • Argentine : 76,4
  • France : 64,5
  • Ukraine : 60,7
  • Canada : 56,3

So, France was above Ukraine.

Yeah, Ukraine is the "breadbasket of Europe" in the sense that it has the largest percentage of agricultural land in Europe (in particular for grains). However, at least 50% of it grain exports go to the MENA (Middle East and N Africa) region. Most of that is (or was) shipped via Black Sea ports. These are blocked now, and shipments are being made via train Westwards through Poland. This is already causing an increase in price to the MENA region countries because of the extra shipping costs, and that will only get worse as the shortfall in production begins to be felt, likely end of this year and into next. There's always a lag because of stocks that countries hold, i.e. last year's (or even previous years') produce is consumed this year.

Yeah, Ukraine is the "breadbasket of Europe" in the sense that it has the largest percentage of agricultural land in Europe (in particular for grains). However, at least 50% of it grain exports go to the MENA (Middle East and N Africa) region. Most of that is (or was) shipped via Black Sea ports. These are blocked now, and shipments are being made via train Westwards through Poland. This is already causing an increase in price to the MENA region countries because of the extra shipping costs, and that will only get worse as the shortfall in production begins to be felt, likely end of this year and into next. There's always a lag because of stocks that countries hold, i.e. last year's (or even previous years') produce is consumed this year.
Another thing I noticed is the productivity per hectare vary a lot from one country to another.
Here (link) they say that for wheat it is 6 842,7 in France and 3 724,2 for Ukraine. For corn the difference is much smaller.

Back
Top Bottom