portal jumping and the fairy queen ...

highmystica

Jedi Master
The dream starts out and I'm sitting in my backyard in the rain late at night, strangely I am drinking a glass of water (where's my coffee?) and I'm staring at a reflection of the moon in a puddle by me feet. I decide to make the puddle bigger and pour out the water into the puddle, and then feel so inspired to chant out a 21 syllable string starting with a soft "a" sound and jump into the puddle.

I find myself on the battlements of a castle looking out at the water beyond the beach, well castle isn't the right word ... more like a tiny stone fort. It is the middle of the day and my perception of color is massively altered, everything is mostly in shades of blue, with a bit of purple and green - kinda like what happened to my vision once with a reiki treatment ... Anyway, there are a few more people there and I'm engaged in the same chant. When I finish an island appears and starts to drift closer to the land. It is kinda weird in that the island never actually connects to the land, there is a perhaps 20 foot gap between the bottom of the island, and if the island were to settle it would be a perfect [fit]. Needless to say it doesn't settle and I wander down to the beach with the other people ...

When we get down to the beach there is a boat waiting for us, it wasn't there when I was looking down from the battlements above. We scurry in, and set off, again I call out the chant, and we rapidly cross the water in this foggy energy vortex. Although the island only had a twenty foot gap underneath it, it was still quite a long way from the waters edge at the beach. So we hop off and are greeted a woman who was particularly striking not simply because she was beyond attractive, but also she was the first thing I had seen in this dream that was in full color, well she sorta glowed too. She introduces herself a being "a" fairy queen, and after a rather lengthy conversation, I start talking to here about the state of nature and the environment here in the now and now, and although she is moved by what I say she isn't terribly impressed with me, or my thinking about it. Which kinda saddened me, not because I felt hurt for my sake, but rather for the poisons that the environment has to endure ... So she says to me "It's like you always say - everything in it's rythm and time", I'll skip her full quote of my poem that the line comes from, but it was kinda unerving that she knew the whole thing - don't ask me why. She then went on to explain that if she were to heal nature then humans would still continue to violate nature, perhaps with a greater force than before. She said a bunch more along similar lines and then drew a circular glyph in the air - and I mean drew it, in pretty glowing colors and then I woke up ...

You dream reminds me of Celtic magic, and a certain way of entering the "dreamtime" or other world, via the "Moon Pool". The lore is that by gazing into a reflection of the moon in water a doorway opens into a world reflecting this one. This can be done objectively or through a dream.

I see your avatar of the moon, and notice its colors fit the descriptions of the colors in your dream (blues, greens, violets), all lunar hues. I blieve in this lore there is the solar world, the world of bright and high consciousness, and the lunar world, which is closer to earthly nature and opens the door to the underworld.

So I think this dream may have been a spontaneous shamanic experience, given the detail of it, and the actions you undertook. I don't know if you practice this stuff, or this directly came out of your subconscious, but it has the form of a dream quest.

I searched on the web, but I could not find the references to correspond to what I only have from memory. So I could be wrong here. In any case, I remember reading that the Druid world tree had 21 paths, and that this tree is traveled in the dreamtime. This may relate to the 21 syllable string you mention. My question is, did you count the syllables, or did you just "know" they were 21?

If you have background here, you may have been applying it in your sleep. If you don't, it's probably a spontaneous awakening. In either case, for your avatar to have such similarity to what you describe, you must have some kind of identification with this direction. As I said, the moon pool is a portal, and in the case of a dream that can be quite literal.

It looks like the portal took you to some kind of Arthurian dreamrealm, and tiny stone fort describes the castles of that post Roman era much more accurately than the castles shown in movies. If these colors were evoked in a Reiki treatment, they are probably resonant in your genes. In other world there is a connection between this plane and your body, wheither in your genes or "blood" or through patterns in your nervous system.

The colors, are lunar associated and also colors of a fertile landscape (including bodies of water) lit by the full moon. There can be many explanations regarding the other people there. My intuition tells me they are others involved in such dream travels, probably all of the same mind to help the environment.

The island in the lake is what a shaman aquaintance of mine called a pocket of purity. A portion of the dream realm not corrupted by humanity. They wanted to pull this purity to the rest of the dreamtime to access its power. Although their intent, and yours may have been outwardly sincere, I am suspicious, because such a direction is not for the best. It can only open sacred places in the dreamtime open to corruption.

And because the oversouls of nature the "fairy queen" image you saw, knew this, connection was not permitted. Apparently, however, the forces themselves sensed sincerity, so you were allowed to be given an understanding. The understanding is: It's going to take a lot more than this to change things, and nature will with hold her healing powers until humans have got it together (one way or another), for the reasons the queen expressed.

Even though you were all as children scampering about to this force, it still reflected to you something of the direction of the flow of events through the poem you mention. Your drawing of the glyph was simply the exit point. So you were either spontaneous performing a dream quest, or somehow linked through others that were, because of an innate connection. That's my opinion of this dream anyway.

Hi EsoQuest, as usual you post something completely insightfull, I'm not even sure where to start a response. To be sure this dream has a celtic feel to it, I think that simply because I landed on the battlements of an early version of an european "castle", but if I were to have shown up in tibet and met a female dakini it would have still be the same, and instead of going to a place like avalon I would have ended up in shambala. I could be mistaken, but I thought the druidic world tree had more than 21 paths, I believe that it is cabalistic world tree that has 21 paths. Regardless, what you said about the tree is more relavent than you realize, because in the celtic version there are nine worlds and part of that chant said something along the lines of "... the paths of nine worlds", It's hard to break down, because it isn't any language I can find, so I can only compare it to other dreams where this language shows up. It's kinda like a strange mix of every language. The other funny thing about that chant it started with an "a" sound, and it reminded me of what I read in the marion zimmer bradley books (mysts of avalon - etc.) except when I read those books I imagined the long "a" rather than the soft one like what is said in something like father ... it's kinda funny that the charm of making from the movie excaliber also starts with an "a", but aside from that it is completely different.

I only have the most limited knowledge of celtic magic, and besides the romans were terribly effective at damaging those traditions so what we are now left with is mostly hereasay and theories. What is magic anyway? I always think that magic is everywhere in nature. In that I sound very much like a shaman - though I wouldn't consider myself such.

It's very interesting what you said about the "pocket of purity" - though in my dream I wasn't trying so much to pull it into the rest of the dreamscape so much as access it - even in my dream it was kept seperate. There is something profound in that though, and I can't really address it right now, I gotta think on it a bit more, maybe quite a bit more ...

Though the cirlcular glyph was an exit point, it was also an illustration of circular time ...

highmystica said:
...but if I were to have shown up in tibet and met a female dakini it would have still be the same, and instead of going to a place like avalon I would have ended up in shambala. I could be mistaken, but I thought the druidic world tree had more than 21 paths, I believe that it is cabalistic world tree that has 21 paths.
The plane you most likely contacted has many versions. Cultural, mythic and historic motifs are only mirrors of the essence of that plane. A shaman would recognize it clearly, I think. In your case, it seemed to have a resonance of the Western/Northern European type.

The Cabbalistic tree has 22 paths, counting the first which is designated zero (and the number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet). The Norse tree Yggdrassil connects the 9 worlds, although that mythos does not specify particular paths, osit. I did read this book on druid magic that specified 21 paths (without the zero version), but that was a singular case, and I could not find the book.

The moon pool info you can find in the works of RJ Stewart, whome I do not endorse by the way, but he does have some interesting info on the Merlyn mythos and relevant shamanic zones. A bit new-agey, and pretty biased, but you might find some useful things in his works, such as "Earth Light" and "Power Within the Land", if you can use discernment. I recongized elements in your dreams from those books.

It is my sense that you were not alone in your dream journey, and there were at least some there who wanted that pocket to link with the rest of the plane. In Norse myth, the realms at the bottom of the world tree are separated by rivers that the shaman or rune-magician must learn to cross.

We do tend to get lost in terms like shamanism and magic. For what it's worth, I tend to see magic is the sense of Maya, the world of forms. So to me magic is transformation in the world of forms. If you were to view nature from a 4D perspective, for example, then it magical nature would be quite prominent.

Again, for what it's worth, I think the circle represents completion of something, possibly the underlying dynamic behind the dream experience.

Oh my - I went off to check out the RJ Stewart stuff online ... he's the kinda guy that gives "crystal twisters" a bad name. *Sheesh*, there are so many things that struck me as being just wrong. I don't know if he is a part of some "iffy" group (as in cointlepro), or rather just missled by his incomplete understanding, I'm not expert, but if someone is charging money for classes in stuff that he knows less than I do about then something is very wrong with that dude. But then I suppose him and I might have very different attitudes of what fey are. I know that in the mythologies there are some bad stories told of fey, but I wouldn't say those stories were told so much about fey as they were about either greys or lizzies (or perhaps ghosts), I use different words for them, fey for the most part have a greater sto orientation than humans ... elves are the selfish ones :) Perhaps I should consider using nymphs maybe? *Shruggs* But when I got to the part on his site (RJ Stewart) about making vows, pacts and alligiences with the fey - well I know he was coming from a very different place than me, and I don't know if it's a place I want to visit - lol. If you are a living entity you are already allied with they fey and they you. Regarding the shamanic traditions being as I descend from native americans I can ask living folk about that - ya know? Even my dad is a good source of that and he himself would in no way call himself a shaman - it's desrespectfull to our ancestors to say such ... but he taught me enough to see many flaws with the new age versions of shamanism, as an example - how can one do calculus without knowing how to add? My dad always kept his shaman teachings relevant and basic, he taught me to see the most simple truths first. All of nature is full of lessons - consider the squirrel storing nuts for the winter and so on, and then moved on to the more esoteric stuff. And merlin, merlyn oh myrrdin ab dinas emryss (did I spell that right?) how could anyone not be moved by that chap? It is a mythos I am very well familiar with. But I have taken it to places that most people have not considered. However I dissagree with the c's interpretation of him as being an english jolly fellow - it's the only thing the c's have said that I couldn't agree with (everything else seems so clean and true) - but only 'cause it seems incomplete (the part about merlin). To be sure he was a jolly fellow, but he was also the most terribly miserable person at the same time. But that is what makes him so moving now - NOW. At any other time in history I would say he was the worst wizard, but for now he is the best wizard, but a wizard nonetheless (meaning I have prime respect - what's better to be a wizard, better to be the worst wizard over the best magician any day). Regarding my view of him being the worst wizard that existed, consider all his flaws and his broken heart and his desperate need to make things better for everyone, the way he resorted to control - CONTROL. Poor chap, there are so few that knew what he felt so long ago, but now - well, every 4-d sto canidate is going through exactly what he went through one way or another - we all identify with him, we have had our share of prime romances leave us for materalists (nimue for pellas), and each of us has felt that desperate need to do anything, anything at all to make things better for everyone, and at any cost. I love merlin - yay, but I see him as being human, I feel sorry for him for all those humans invoking him (as a god) as part of their form of magic, I kinda half-way expect that he is incarnate now, ya know to answer all those questions he left behind - but that's another story.

I checked around through some random books - and I found there are 24 links between the nine worlds (though in one there was 28), I thought before when I posted there were 25, funny, as how I was off by 1 with the cabbalistic version and by one with this version too.

As you pointed out that I was not alone in my dream journey. I do indeed know the people that were with me. Considering those that were with me though I must say I alone would be the most likely to bring that reality here and now. The more I think about it the island, and the boat seemed more like "elevators" to each others reality - the fairy queen came partway here and me through my dreams (and then my boat) went part way to fairy land, but there was no true linking, it was all inbetween. So no corruption could be possible, I should suspect that pure nature land by it's virtue would be free of corruption - yet I can respect the need for the fey to keep a certain stance, I had an odd dream last night, and it well - nevermind the superbug aspect of it - just so many of our humans have betrayed true nature. But in truth I would be the one to pull that link here if I could, but I would be selfish and controling if I did - I recognize that. Among the other three - one would simply go there as practice before going onto other things, one would bring it in through herself, and the fourth only wants to be nice - he wouldn't care so long as humans finally got along. No - it would be me that would bring that here - yes, I see the incompleteness of that stance - and I wouldn't do it; now - but sighs, I would be the most likely to open that kind of gate, and I know it, but I'm to afraid to do it.

There are many rivers we must all learn to cross, without a doubt. Now as it seems I see magic (not typical magic) as truth and maya as a sort of illusion. Now I know you should understand that magic to me is the reality, but, some magic is a lie. I see everything as magic, you said something that was very poetic above, but I'm a 3-d kitten and I still see everything as magic, and those daft fools that practice magic only practice lies ... er ... this is what makes any given language flawed. Now as it should be I spend more time with plants and animals - to me magic is real, and neither plants or creatures lie. Humans seem to lie - often, of course only recently have I discovered that so many humans are psychopaths, but never mind that - okay pay good mind to that. But seriously between you and I - I have no time for either lies or incomplete truths ... I recognize I gotta face a measure of incomplete truths in anything, well, *shruggs*.

I have further reached into those very odd words that presented themselves to me in my dreams, and the nine thing was incomplete, it was nine "squared" though the word for sruared nomally used is in terms of progeny. It's hard to turn it to english, but a best as I can turn it it is times itself one time - so it is nine times nine - which sounds so taoist ... nine times nine realms - nine time nine experienced realms - la ... wich gets to my 4-d type dreams ...

seriously can I ask you something ...

what is the "dome of the maya"?

Back
Top Bottom