Pneumonia (Hospital-acquired) or (Walking)... neither?

Nice to have news from you :)

It's not clear for me, do you get the antibiotics or do you have no more money to buy it ?

I was surprised how easy it was and how oddly (at least to me), they didn't do any tests other than use the stethoscope while I was to 'breath deep.' and take my temp. My lungs are raspy nearly always and my temp was 101.7.
In this field, Chinese medicine beat occidental medicine hollow! The Chinese pulse give incredible informations.
(note 101.7°F = 38.7°C)

About your rib, perhaps you can inquire of your friends or neighbors if they know a bonesetter, perhaps he will diagnose you for free and repair you later or you would pay later.

Oh, don't forget to pleasantly ask for help to the universal consciousness.

chachachick: Thanks! It's been an interesting couple of weeks... :scared:

Ellipse: I had to borrow money to buy the meds. They were expensive! I had enough for the doctor's office. Just walking in was $50, then another $86 after the exam.

Could you tell me more about the significance of the Chinese pulse verses the Western? Is there a link I can read up on?

As far as a bone setter, I'm thinking it is just a hairline fracture, or I tore the cartilage. Either way. OUCH! Time and rest heals all I hope.

I love the Prayer of the Soul, perhaps I'll add a line for myself. :)

Ellipse said:
Nice to have news from you :)

It's not clear for me, do you get the antibiotics or do you have no more money to buy it ?

I was surprised how easy it was and how oddly (at least to me), they didn't do any tests other than use the stethoscope while I was to 'breath deep.' and take my temp. My lungs are raspy nearly always and my temp was 101.7.
In this field, Chinese medicine beat occidental medicine hollow! The Chinese pulse give incredible informations.
(note 101.7°F = 38.7°C)

About your rib, perhaps you can inquire of your friends or neighbors if they know a bonesetter, perhaps he will diagnose you for free and repair you later or you would pay later.

Oh, don't forget to pleasantly ask for help to the universal consciousness.

Ok, don't stop the antibiotics before the end of prescription even if your health improve.

You can just Google for informations about the Chinese pulse. Here's a good start : http://acupuncture.com/newsletters/m_mar06/main2.htm
The tongue give good informations too.

Dawn, so good to hear from you!

So I've got antibiotics, (Azithromycin 5 day dose) and some pain meds

zythro takes time to built up in your system and continues to work even after the 5 days that you are supposed to take it. So be sure not to take olive leaf during this time, as it interfers with the antibiotic function (the supplier told me that when I first purchased it). All other supplements should be all right, as long as you allow for some time between them

along with a few treatments that after I've did some research this afternoon, probably won't touch with a ten foot poll

yeah ... they always are trying to pitch to you some cough suppressant that can knock out a horse, things like that.

here's something I forgot to mention that really works in relieving cough symptoms in our house: peel a few cloves of garlic (up to a whole head), chop finely, simmer them for 30 min or so in 1 cup of water, bring the volume back to 1 cup, add a tablespoon of honey and sip throughout the day.

They use this weird computerized clip board to select the symptoms, and I guess it gives them the possible answers, plus the possible medications they could use.

my friend is in medical school now, and as of this year all of their tests are multiple choice, because, as she told me, that's how the doctors think and operate while on the job. I've seen them do the computer thingy in the urgent care too. Very mechanistic. But, like you said, fast and easy. The kind of place you go to get meds to.

About your rib, perhaps you can inquire of your friends or neighbors if they know a bonesetter, perhaps he will diagnose you for free and repair you later or you would pay later

those heal on their own usually -- and thankfully.

I can say though, even with my confidence that I could have beat this myself, it would have drew it out a lot longer without the ability to rest stress free for 2-3 days. I love my kids, but they are 11 months, 3 years and 4 years. There is literally no rest.

I can relate to that exact situation ... And, sometimes one can get caught up in a desire to do it "the right way", hail or high water. But in some situations we just have to do the best we can, given the circumstances. Good luck and continued healing to you!

I am so glad to know that you took action Dawn. Hope you will be feeling better very quickly.
Health to you!

Hildegarda, Yes indeed, about the cough suppressant, I figure that 'stuff' is suppose to work itself out, not just be 'suppressed' so that it builds up more.

Also thanks for the tips about the olive leaf extract and the garlic. I stopped the olive leaf as soon as you mentioned it. Plus I have some extra garlic, so I'll try that. Mmmm the house is going to smell like an Italian restaurant for a couple of days. hehe. I've been taking a teaspoon of honey with a half teaspoon of cinnamon. I read that someplace. It does seem to help with uncontrollable coughing for at least a little while.

Yes the ribs will eventually heal in time. It always feels better after a long sleep, until I move that is. Akk.

It's a good thing I wrong in Hildegarda, sometimes I'm too stubborn for my own good when it comes to doctors. ;)

I'm feeling so much better already. I wonder when I can go back to sleeping 7-8 hours a night instead of 10-12? (not including long coughing fits of course). I'd love to watch the nightly news again some day. ha!

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom