Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Elephants are among the only animals to have a funeral ritual.
They can spend entire days honoring the memory of a deceased conspecific, touching the body with their trunk and emitting very special sounds.
Some elephants even stay close to the body of their deceased companion for several days, until they decide to leave.
These behaviors are tangible manifestations of the social and emotional bond that unites elephants, who evolve in tightly knit groups with a complex social structure.
Other animal species, such as crows, chimpanzees and dolphins, have also been observed behaving in ways that could be interpreted as funeral rituals.
However, elephant funeral rituals are among the most extensively studied and documented in the animal kingdom.
View attachment 92326
About the animals and emotions there is this book:

1710164333269.png
Here about the book:
For more than 100 years, scientists have denied that animals experience emotions, yet this remarkable and groundbreaking book proves what animal-lovers have known to be true: wolves, tigers, giraffes, elephants and many other creatures exhibit all kinds of feelings - hope, fear, shame, love, compassion. From Ola, the irritable whale, to Toto, the chimpanzee who nursed his owner back to health, this book collects together for the first time a vast range of case histories which show the extraordinary complexity of the animal world, and the tumult of emotions that govern it.

FMGk7GZN_normal.jpg

Nature is Amazing

@AMAZlNGNATURE
14 mars
Blossom trees and Fawn in Nara, Japan

My second born Son came into the world on March 17th, 47 years ago.
So we’ve always combined a “St. Patrick’s Day/Spring equinox” Party theme.
This little sweetie is Poppy, and she has been the Star “fur baby” for my first born Son and his wife for 11 years, so that makes her my “Gran-Puppy”!
She has such a wonderful and playful personality, and loves to wear whatever we offer her.
She also LOVES posing for pictures, lol.

1714D29B-F5F5-4B52-9AD0-1E63FAF390E5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom