Philippines: Rodrigo Duterte and the West

angelburst29 said:
Unfortunately, I don't know Duterte's native language and can't translate the above sentences?

The native language of the Philippines is Filipino. Microsoft translator ( _http://www.bing.com/translator/ ) has it as an option, Google translate does not.

I tried a few sentences but wasn't elated about the results.

Maybe you better try to get the official transcript from the Presidential Communications Office: _http://pcoo.gov.ph/speeches/ (Warning: took ages to load on my machine)

Eulenspiegel said:
Seems like a predictable pattern. If the leader of a region gets "out of line" and doesn't directly follow the deep state, "they" try to find anything to besmear his image and do something to destabilize his region in preparation for takeover. The things the deep state does- psychopathic acts of terror are ironically blamed on those that refuse to be their puppets and this image is reinforced through biased media reports- who are controlled by the deep state.

Let's hope Russia and China can hold their own in the face of what's coming their way.

Considering it's a common tactic, or the Deep State does this every single time, I would think that Duterte might have planned for this in some way. Although from the looks of it, the Filipino army isn't equipped to deal with the threat if they lost 80 men while the terrorists lost less than half that number. I think the only way for Duterte to pull through is if whatever those military upgrades from Russia are, comes fast and they get to retro-fitting the army and trained in proper tactics from the Russians ASAP. Which speaks to the timing of it all. The Deep State knows this and wants to prevent that from happening. Because if the Filipinos can defend themselves, then it won't get so out of hand and the US will find it harder to come up with an excuse to 'intervene.'

Palinurus said:
angelburst29 said:
Unfortunately, I don't know Duterte's native language and can't translate the above sentences?

The native language of the Philippines is Filipino. Microsoft translator ( _http://www.bing.com/translator/ ) has it as an option, Google translate does not.

I tried a few sentences but wasn't elated about the results.

Maybe you better try to get the official transcript from the Presidential Communications Office: _http://pcoo.gov.ph/speeches/ (Warning: took ages to load on my machine)

Thanks Palinurus. I'll try to get an English version of the official transcript. In the meantime, went back to the live coverage video which states
"DUTERTE ADMINISTRATION" and checked the comment section again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5In5k8LojM&ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Edward Oleander 2 days ago

Please, I do not speak Filipino (PInay?). Does he really tell his men that he will take responsibility if they rape women under martial law? Thank you.

R Ledesma 2 days ago

at 14:05 he said, "..If you rape 3, I will admit it was me. If you marry 4.. (in reference to the number of wives Muslims can have)" Hear the silence that ensued.

He said it jokingly, thankfully the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) did not find it funny.

Thomas K 3 days ago

what kind of language does he speak? it's like a mix of english, spanish and malay. This guy should bomb the sh*t out of the muslim terrorists just like he's keen on executing drug dealers.

analyn banosia 3 days ago

filipino language is a mix of Malay and Spanish since we were being colonized by the spaniards for 300 years..

Torsten Gang 1 day ago

taglish, is the official name of the language he spoke in this address. It is an unofficial language commonly spoken by filipinos/foreignoys

Len Danley 2 days ago

Why did he start speaking Cebuano when he said something about rape... Do Philippines support Rape at Maritime? Did he just not say it's okay to rape a women during Martial law by his soldiers? Didn't the American President Trump endorse this action? what is this world coming too...

Torsten Gang 1 day ago

at least you know one filipino language... even if he didn't use that language once in his speech.

just so you know he spoke in taglish, aka, tagolog/english the entire speech.

sorry if that sounds a little harsh or rude or condescending, please forgive me it is not my intention, I am impressed that you know the name of one of the many languages spoken by filipinos.

As for supporting rape, I am not a native speaker, but the word aminin is more similar to confess then anything else, so here is what he said in tagalog kung pangrape mo ang tatlo aminin kong ako yon, so if you rape three I will confess that I did it. its not endorsing the action, its more like saying he would take responsibility for it. at least that is my understanding.

as to why he switched to tagalog, well, most of the people he was addressing do not have the best grasp of english, and duterte isn't particularly gifted either so whenever he tries to really express himself, or just can't find the right words, he speaks in his second language, tagolog, rather then his third which is english, and most importantly he was speaking to filipino's not americans, he doesn't particularly care if we understand him or not.

The statement, "its not endorsing the action, its more like saying he would take responsibility for it still seems to leave room for "interpretation" as to what Duterte - really stated and what "intent' was behind it at the time of the speech?" He might have used those words to boost the militaries "moral" considering their large loss is fighting the drug war and the fact that militarily - they are ill-equipped to handle the insurgency facing the Country. Might be why Duterte went to Putin for help but Duterte's words and questionable intent surrounding "rape" - leaves him wide open for ridicule by those who have him under a microscope, in my opinion? It might boil down to the wrong words - at the wrong time - with consequences down the line?

It does appear, as though Duterte has been trying to do the right things, to bring conditions under control in his Country and protect his people. He does seem to be very "vocal" without mincing words on many political issues, with keen insight on the wider picture of affairs. With Putin's help, he might be able to turn the situation the Country is in now, in a positive direction but I think, he has to be more disciplined in his statements, publically - so he doesn't dig his own hole, for the elite to bury him?

Whatever the true facts will reveal --and I sincerely hope you will get to the bottom of this-- you shouldn't overlook the fact that this was not the first time he 'joked' about rape.

He also did it previously during his election campaign, a year earlier (April 2016):

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/779912/viral-duterte-rape-joke-on-australian-missionary

I agree he should be more disciplined in his public statements.

However, his public 'persona' is that of a colorful rascal who shoots from the hip, talks the language of the proverbial man in the street, and tells it 'like it is' more or less --just like Trump BTW-- so I'm doubtful about him changing the colors of his feathers, so to speak.

FWIW.

Duterte is starting to look like a "double edge sword"? On the one hand, he is in a position and is in the process of gathering additional help (Putin) to turn the Country around, while on the other hand, he lacks the discipline and diplomacy to solidify any progress gained .... if he doesn't keep his street mannerisms and mouth in check? Trying to strike a balance between the two might mean the difference between success and failure.

Thinking about it from a different direction, maybe the "Bad Boy" image and persona is the counter balance (like attracts like) needed to confront and reverse the direction the Country is spiraling down into but it brings Duterte down to the level of the militants, he's fighting and trying to eliminate?

Joking about "rape" especially publically, denotes a lack of morals, among other things. Whatever success he may obtain, might be short lived and mired in controversy, wiping out any gains? I also think, considering Duterte position as President and his verbal antics on "rape" make him more susceptible to an assassination attempt? In that sense, he's working against himself.

I think Duterte wants to evolve from alpha-male to omega-male. But is just trying to hard at times, which results in extremely inconsiderate comments. (Which he doesn't mean) The guy already says enough to form a new Steven Seagal movie script every week.

Here is a video with a transcript of the situation in Malawi. Initially the army and police got taken by surprise and thus lost quite a number of people, but they have quickly regrouped and come back to start reversing the situation. Or so it appears for now, though ISIS has strong backers/handlers with deep pockets and experience in regime change and chaos, so it can change again.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/video-battle-marawi-isis-trans-regional-caliphate-oz-analysis-video-map-may-30-2017/
VIDEO: Battle of Marawi: ISIS Trans-regional caliphate – OZ Analysis video map (May 30, 2017)

17-1-696x392.jpg

https://youtu.be/IjgUkcYV4vk
BEIRUT, LEBANON (8:28 P.M.) – The Wahhabi terrorist internationale known as the Islamic State has spread its domain of armed occupation to the Philippine city of Marawi. On the 23rd of May, two Jihadist factions – the Maute group and Abu Sayyaf militia – operating on the Philippine island of Mindanao under the banner of ISIS launched a shock attack on Marawi, a predominately Muslim city of 220,000 people. The assault came about with the sudden uprising of a battalion-sized sleeper cell inside the city which sent government forces into total disarray. For the presentation to follow, OZ Analysis would like to thank Al-Masdar News Deputy CEO Chris Tomson for his cooperation – via personal communication – in the understanding of the military situation in Marawi, as an exceptionally informed source.

What began with the activation of some five hundred ISIS-linked sleeper troops in the area of the provincial jail and main police station resulted in the releasing of an unknown number of prisoners who will undoubtedly be recruited by the terrorist conglomerate and the capture and looting of the city’s main armoury. With this achieved, ISIS spread towards the centre of the city, laying siege to the Pakpak Hospital and the City Hall, and into the eastern suburbs, isolating the city harbour.

After a full day of gunfights, government forces (including both local police and the army) outnumbered and unable to consolidate any tenable positions in Marawi were driven in rout from the city. With the seizure of Marawi’s main infrastructures and the establishment of a number of checkpoints throughout the city, ISIS de facto conquered the rump of Marawi.

After consolidating itself over the main part of Marawi, ISIS forayed beyond the city limits, launching threatening attacks in the direction of the Mindanao State University and southwestern suburbs. Government forces were able to parry these attacks. However, ISIS did at some point establish a guerrilla-style presence in the countryside to the southwest of Marawi where it continues to harass the main communication line used by government forces with snipers and hit-and-run attacks. This has, to a degree, compromised the ability of government forces to reinforce and resupply their presence on the outskirts of the city. It also serves to demoralise government troops before they reach the frontlines around Marawi.

In recent days, government forces have regrouped and launched a counter-offensive into the western and southern sectors of Marawi. During this time airstrikes have been observed in and around the habour area. Whilst it must be said that overall disposition of government and ISIS forces within the city remains vague due to contradictory reports; what can be more or less confirmed is government forces have since liberated the Pakpak Hospital and the City Hall. No reports have appeared which indicate that the provincial jail or the police station have yet been retaken from ISIS and indeed these locations will likely become final strongpoints as ISIS is expunged from the city. Furthermore, it is possible that ISIS has either abandoned or been forced out of Marawi’s eastern suburbs. However, in the meantime, this analysis will assume that ISIS remains in the area until better information is available.

Overall, the last couple days has shown that government forces have recovered from the initial shock of the ISIS attack on Marawi and, through a series of containment actions and counterattacks, now appear to hold the strategic initiative in the battle for the city.

THIS NARRATION SCRIPT IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF OZ ANALYSIS

Philippines President Duterte launches foul-mouthed tirade at Chelsea Clinton and mentions Monica Lewinsky
https://www.yahoo.com/news/phillippines-president-duterte-launches-foul-211500723.html

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has insulted Chelsea Clinton for criticising remarks he made about his soldiers potentially assaulting women.

Mr Duterte had returned to his home city of Davao on Wednesday to celebrate the 119th anniversary of the Philippine Navy. He used the occasion to berate Ms Clinton, who had joined a chorus of condemnation of the President for saying that he would take responsibility for any crimes his soldiers commit while imposing martial law in the southern Philippines, even if they “raped three women”.

“When your father, the president of the United States, was screwing Lewinsky and the girls there in the White House, how did you feel? Did you slam your father?” Mr Duterte asked in Davao, in a reference to Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern with whom former President Bill Clinton had a sexual entanglement.

The former first daughter had previously commented on Twitter that Mr Duterte's comments about assault were “Not funny”, before going on to declare that “Duterte is a murderous thug with no regard for human rights” and that “rape is never a joke”.

In an expletive-laden speech at the navy event on Wednesday, Mr Duterte said: “They hear ‘rape’. Like, like Chelsea, she slammed me. I was not joking, I was being sarcastic. Listen to the speech. I do not laugh at my own jokes.”

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte delivers his speech during the 119th anniversary of the Philippine Navy in Davao city, southern Philippines: AP

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has insulted Chelsea Clinton for criticising remarks he made about his soldiers potentially assaulting women.

Mr Duterte had returned to his home city of Davao on Wednesday to celebrate the 119th anniversary of the Philippine Navy. He used the occasion to berate Ms Clinton, who had joined a chorus of condemnation of the President for saying that he would take responsibility for any crimes his soldiers commit while imposing martial law in the southern Philippines, even if they “raped three women”.

“When your father, the president of the United States, was screwing Lewinsky and the girls there in the White House, how did you feel? Did you slam your father?” Mr Duterte asked in Davao, in a reference to Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern with whom former President Bill Clinton had a sexual entanglement.

The former first daughter had previously commented on Twitter that Mr Duterte's comments about assault were “Not funny”, before going on to declare that “Duterte is a murderous thug with no regard for human rights” and that “rape is never a joke”.

In an expletive-laden speech at the navy event on Wednesday, Mr Duterte said: “They hear ‘rape’. Like, like Chelsea, she slammed me. I was not joking, I was being sarcastic. Listen to the speech. I do not laugh at my own jokes.”

Mr Duterte, who has led a brutal war on drugs that has resulted in the deaths of thousands of drug users by police and vigilantes, declared martial law across the entire southern region of Mindanao last week.

Mr Duterte’s troops are currently battling Isis-affiliated fighters in the southern city of Marawi. The President has warned that local militant groups are uniting behind the terrorist organisation and becoming a major security threat.

Shortly after declaring martial law, Mr Duterte told his troops in a speech: “For this martial law and the consequences of martial law and the ramifications of martial law, I and I alone would be responsible.”

“Just do your work. I will handle the rest,” he added. “I will be imprisoned for you. If you rape three (women), I will say that I did it.”

Mr Duterte is known for making outrageous statements to bring attention to himself, analysts say. Along with Ms Clinton, he has also attacked former US President Barack Obama, journalists and human rights campaigners.

The Philippines President had joked that his troops implementing martial law can each rape 3 women without impunity.

Duterte hits back at Chelsea Clinton – what's your reaction when your father was 'f*****g Lewinsky' (Video)
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/duterte-hits-back-chelsea-clinton-whats-your-reaction-when-your-father-was-fg-lewinsky-1624089

The Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has hit back at Chelsea Clinton for slamming his quip on raping women – a comment that he made recently to the Filipino troops fighting Islamists. The loudmouth president asked Chelsea, daughter of former US president Bill Clinton, where she was when her father was involved in an affair with Monica Lewinsky.

"Chelsea, be careful because you live in glass house. I repeat, when President Clinton was f*****g Lewinsky, what was your statement or your reaction," asked the firebrand leader, who is notoriously popular for throwing expletives at anyone who opposes his views.

Duterte repeated his remark regarding the former American president's sexual encounters twice in his speech, which he delivered to a group of naval personnel in the Davao city.

"She [Chelsea] slammed me for the rape joke. I was not joking. I was being sarcastic. You listen to the speech," the president said about his earlier remarks when he joked that his troops can even rape women during the martial law and he will take responsibility for them.

"You can each rape three women and I will protect you. Do not worry. I will join you. I will... If you go down, I go down. But for this martial law and the consequences and [its] ramifications, I and I alone would be responsible. I am here to say to you, fight and I will pray for you and I will answer for everything," the foul-mouthed president originally said within days of declaring martial law in Mindanao in the southern Philippines on 24 May.

His comments on rape sparked widespread condemnation from rights groups both from inside the country and elsewhere. Chelsea was among the first to lambast Duterte when she posted on Twitter: "Duterte is a murderous thug with no regard for human rights. It's important to keep pointing that out & that rape is never a joke."

Embattled Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, after declaring martial law amidst a violent conflict with Daesh-affiliated extremists in his country, has taken up another battle -- this time against former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, after she criticized the strongman for encouraging his troops to rape women.

Didn't See That Coming: Philippines’ Duterte, Chelsea Clinton Battle on Twitter
https://sputniknews.com/world/201706011054179447-duterte-chelsea-clinton-twitter-battle/

After Clinton strongly criticized the Philippine president for stating that he would take responsibility for each of his soldiers to rape up to three women apiece in the city of Marawi, now under martial law, Duterte compared her to a -jezebel-, and stated, "when your father, the president of the United States, was f***ing Lewinsky and the girls in the White House, how did you feel?"

Duterte, now globally condemned for his support and encouragement of widespread extrajudicial killings in the country and the application of a bounty on any and all corpses, declared martial law in all of Mindanao, inhabited by some 20 million people, as local extremist groups unite behind Daesh.

Clinton reiterated her stance, doubling-down in a second post: "Duterte is a murderous thug with no regard for human rights. It's important to keep pointing that out and that rape is never a joke."

Duterte claimed that his widely criticized comments were intended as sarcasm.

The Philippines military spokesman said its troops are close to liberate Marawi city from ISIL terrorists, reports said.

Philippines Army Says Close to Liberate Marawi from ISIL
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960309001282

"Our ground commanders have assured that the end is almost there," Restituto Padilla told reporters, adding terrorists may be getting help from "sympathetic elements" and fighters they had freed from jail during the rampage, Al Waght reported.

The clashes in the Southern city with the Maute militant group, which has pledged allegiance to ISIL, started seven days ago when dozens of gunmen went on a rampage throughout Marawi after security forces attempted to arrest Isnilon Hapilon, a veteran Filipino extremist regarded as the local leader of ISIL.

Militants are resisting air and ground assaults and are still in control of nine of the 200,000 resident city's 96 communities.

"We can control who comes in and who comes out, who moves around and who doesn't. And we're trying to isolate all these pockets of resistance," military spokesman told.

More than 100 people have been killed, most of them militants, according to the military, and most of the city's residents have fled.

The Maute group's ability to fight off the military for so long will add to fears that ISIL radical ideology is spreading in the southern Philippines and it could become a haven for militants from Indonesia, Malaysia and beyond.

Philippine authorities on Tuesday told Daesh-affiliated militants occupying parts of the southern city of Marawi to surrender or die.

Surrender or Die: Philippines Issues Extremists in Marawi an Ultimatum
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705311054141382-philippines-marawi-battle-duterte/

The Philippine military is confronting the Maute extremist group, which has pledged allegiance to Daesh, in an ongoing clash in the city. Maute fighters went on a rampage through Marawi last week in response to security forces raiding the hideout of Isnilon Hapilon, leader of local extremist group and Daesh affiliate Abu Sayyaf.

Abu Sayyaf and Maute have combined efforts to try to establish a caliphate in the southern Philippines. Having acquired support from other local and foreign militants, the groups had been planning to launch a major assault on Marawi on the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, but attacked earlier, after Hapilon's near arrest.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has declared 60 days of martial law across the country's second largest island of Mindanao, warning that Daesh had managed to unite a number of local militant groups behind its flag. Marawi, with a predominantly Muslim population of 200,000 people, is regarded as the heartland of the Islamic faith in southern Mindanao.

Over the past week, the jihadist gunmen withstood intense bombardment and street-to-street combat by the Philippine military, prompting the government's threats.

"We call on the remaining terrorists to surrender while there is an opportunity," Brigadier-General Restituto Padilla, the Philippines military chief of staff, said in a statement.

"For the terrorists, not surrendering will mean their sure death."

Padilla also told reporters the surrender call was aimed at limiting the loss of more lives and that it was just a matter of time before the military cleared extremists "from all their hiding places."

We are going to fight every day until this conflict is resolved," Duterte said at a press conference.

Duterte also points the finger at US marines stationed in Japan and who have been involved in rape of the locals.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-31/chelsea-twitter-trolls-duterte-gets-blasted-what-was-your-reaction-when-your-father-

Duterte Lashes Out At Chelsea Clinton's Comments: "How Did You Feel When Your Father Was F***ing Monica Lewinsky?"

by Tyler Durden
May 31, 2017 8:10 PM

A few days ago, controversial Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte made a fairly 'unsavory' quip in a speech to soldiers about his decision to declare martial law following a prolonged battle with drug lords and ISIS threats in this country. In what was meant as "sarcasm," at least according to Duterte, he told soldiers that the ramifications of martial law would fall upon the presidency alone and that he would take the blame if soldiers "rape three women." Per the Daily Mail:

"For this martial law and the consequences of martial law and the ramifications of martial law, I and I alone would be responsible."

"Just do your work. I will handle the rest. I will be imprisoned for you. If you rape three (women), I will say that I did it."
Of course, as Sean Spicer recently found out when he idiotically compared Assad to Hitler, there are a couple of topics that should just be off limits in political speeches...and rape is one of them.

Not surprisingly, the comment immediately drew international criticism including the following tweet from Chelsea Clinton...you know, because we're apparently supposed to care what she has to say still.

But, as we've learned before after he called Obama a "son of a -jezebel-," Duterte is not the type to back down from the pressure of public opinion and/or the twitter rants of former first daughters. Therefore, it's not terribly surprising that he lashed out at Chelsea with the following:

"These whores, they hear "rape". Like, like Chelsea, she slammed me. I was not joking, I was being sarcastic. Listen to the speech. I do not laugh at my own jokes."

"I will tell her, when your father, the president of the United States, was f***ing Lewinsky and the girls in the White House, how did you feel? Did you slam your father?"
And, just in case there was any confusion, Duterte has subsequently asked Chelsea again:
"I repeat, when President Clinton was -flicking-g Lewinsky, what was your statement or your reaction?"

'It is a crime actually committed by soldiers, mostly Americans in Okinawa,' he said, referring to several rape cases involving U.S. servicemen stationed in Japan, most recently last year.

"But, we never heard of a Filipino. But I am just warning them that anything they do, I have to answer for it. I take full responsibility for your foolishness. I speak sarcastically."

'You Americans, like Chelsea, be careful because you live in a glass house,' he said.

'I repeat, when President Clinton was -flicking-g Lewinsky, what was your statement or your reaction?'
Somehow we suspect Chelsea's going to pass on offering up her thoughts on the topic of her father's infidelities despite Duterte's repeated requests for additional information.

angelburst29 said:
Duterte is starting to look like a "double edge sword"? On the one hand, he is in a position and is in the process of gathering additional help (Putin) to turn the Country around, while on the other hand, he lacks the discipline and diplomacy to solidify any progress gained .... if he doesn't keep his street mannerisms and mouth in check? Trying to strike a balance between the two might mean the difference between success and failure.

Thinking about it from a different direction, maybe the "Bad Boy" image and persona is the counter balance (like attracts like) needed to confront and reverse the direction the Country is spiraling down into but it brings Duterte down to the level of the militants, he's fighting and trying to eliminate?

Joking about "rape" especially publically, denotes a lack of morals, among other things. Whatever success he may obtain, might be short lived and mired in controversy, wiping out any gains? I also think, considering Duterte position as President and his verbal antics on "rape" make him more susceptible to an assassination attempt? In that sense, he's working against himself.

I think his comments indicate he has a pretty distasteful sense of humor/sarcasm, a poor filter, and he lets his emotions do the talking when he gets upset or riled up. Western press loves to highlight these things while never looking at all his many other speeches that show his interest for a better country and his people. I also think the West has been well trained to rely mainly on what politicians say with little regard to what they actually do. I'd wager this comment has aroused more Western news coverage than what is actually happening with the terror crisis in the south. The West is obsessed with a distorted sense of human rights and this is shown when a loose insult is given more weight than crisis on national and global scales.

In this interview, Duterte comes across as level headed and points out the problems in his Country and the political forces working against him.

PHILIPPINES PRESIDENT TELLS & EXPOSES ALL - Elite Want Him Gone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kwF1MXavYs (23:18 min.)

Published on May 29, 2017

Philippine defense secretary said that ten soldiers died and eight were injured Wednesday in friendly fire by the country's forces hunting Islamist militants in Marawi.

10 Philippine Soldiers Killed in Friendly Fire Airstrike in Marawi
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201706011054181712-philippine-soldiers-killed-friendly-fire/

Ten soldiers died and eight were injured Wednesday in friendly fire by Philippine forces hunting Islamist militants in Marawi, the defense secretary said Thursday.

"A group of our own army men were killed by our own airstrike – 10 killed and 8 wounded," Delfin Lorenzana told reporters, as quoted by the local ABS-CBN radio.

The minister said the government of the Pacific Ocean archipelago was examining the incident.

The attack appears to be part of the ongoing operation to flush Maute militants, affiliated with the Islamic State terror group (Daesh), out of the city on the southern island of Mindanao.

Fighting broke out in Marawi last month when Islamists stormed the city, prompting Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte to declare martial law on the island. More than a hundred, including militants, have died in clashes.

Niall said:
I fear it's too late for the Philippines; whatever the outcome of this particular situation in Marawi, weapons, mercenaries, drugs, and cash will continue flowing into the country until the US has to come 'save it' and use it as a launchpad for spreading the plague further into the region.

Breaking news: something's going down in Manila. Smells like 'ISIS'.

https://www.rt.com/news/390511-reports-of-gunfire-explosions-manila/

ADDED: 'Confirmed' by the usual suspects:

"Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, via a channel it normally uses to report on its uprising against the government in the province of Marawi, SITE Intelligence Group reports."

Niall said:
Niall said:
I fear it's too late for the Philippines; whatever the outcome of this particular situation in Marawi, weapons, mercenaries, drugs, and cash will continue flowing into the country until the US has to come 'save it' and use it as a launchpad for spreading the plague further into the region.

Breaking news: something's going down in Manila. Smells like 'ISIS'.

https://www.rt.com/news/390511-reports-of-gunfire-explosions-manila/

Backlash for Duterte's counter response to Chelsea Clinton's comments - so an order was given to hit the Philippines Capital?

Gunfire and explosions were reported at a resort complex in the Philippines capital Manila late Thursday, with dozens said to be injured in the clash. Police, firefighters, and SWAT teams were deployed to the scene.

Daesh Claims Responsibility for Bloody Attack on Philippines Resort (PHOTOS)
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201706011054219668-philippines-resort-gunmen-attack-daesh/

A masked gunman was spotted by hotel employees, firing down from the second floor at guests and staff. Another employee reported five shots fired from the third floor. Filipino news channel ANC said there were two gunmen in total.

​Fire broke out, and plumes of smoke were spotted rising from the resort. One witness told news site ABS-CBN that someone poured a flammable liquid on a casino table and then set it ablaze.

​The Manila Times reported at least 25 injured, with others still trapped in the hotel. Videos of the wounded being rushed to the hospital have surfaced online.

​The explosion occurred at a resort complex and popular tourist destination, Resorts World Manila (RWM). The complex is in Pasay, part of the Manila metropolitan area, and is next to Manila's airport, Ninoy Aquino International. One of the airport's terminals was put on lockdown, according to a Ninoy Aquino spokesman.

RWM reported being under lockdown after unknown men opened fire, and were working with police to keep guests and employees safe. "We ask for your prayers during these difficult times," they said in a tweet.

​A Daesh member in the Philippines has claimed responsibility for the attack. While the Philippines has been embroiled in a battle with Islamic militants, that fight has taken place primarily in the southernmost regions of the archipelago, not the capital.

​The Philippines' armed forces said police had regained control of the incident only an hour or so after it was first reported.

angelburst29 said:
Backlash for Duterte's counter response to Chelsea Clinton's comments - so an order was given to hit the Philippines Capital?

I doubt the CIA cares about what he said about Chelsea. More likely it's about him standing up to imperial control and making friends with Russia and China. They like to make examples of people/countries who do that.

Beau said:
angelburst29 said:

I doubt the CIA cares about what he said about Chelsea. More likely it's about him standing up to imperial control and making friends with Russia and China. They like to make examples of people/countries who do that.

I fully agree with your statement, especially that Duterte is standing up to the imperial control and counts on Russia and China and even Trump, for that matter, as close allies and working partners ...... but also take into consideration - who's Foundation has been used to organize and supply the CIA's paid mercenaries? Do you really think - that a verbal and public attack on her Daughter, the one being groomed to take her place, would go unanswered?

Back
Top Bottom