Pathocratic Museum-Getting Us Ready For War

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20060915_114106_5548
News 1130 said:
Controversial exhibit opens at Science World
September 15, 2006 - 8:45 am
By: News1130 Staff

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Local Catholics are criticizing a new exhibit opening up at Science World today that offers a personal view of real human corpses. Even some non-religious folks are feeling a little squeamish about Body Worlds 3. The exhibit's goal is to educate people about the human body by letting them look at many bodies put in various athletic poses. Many bodies are even missing their skin.

One man who has already seen the exhibit says he would not go see it again because he says he finds it deeply disturbing. He says it starts off on an educational and interesting perspective but goes too far. Despite his opinion and the church's concern that displaying real bodies is improper, the numbers do speak for themselves. More than 17 million people have attended Bodyworks shows around the world. Just for the record, the bodies are donated willingly.
I have to admit that I had never visited this museum before when it contained "normal" scientific stuff (which I truly regret), and I am certainly not going to start.

This sounds really disgusting, and it makes me think that they are getting us ready to be seeing a lot more dead bodies soon.

Nina

Ah, yes, an aquaintance of mine asked me if I wanted to see this display at the local Natural History Museum, and when I told her, "no, I really don't think I'm interested", she was shocked. "It's so cool, though, my friend saw it and said it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen."

The advertisements on the local rapid transit system were enough to turn me off - pictures of muscles on legs and such. I do understand the 'scientific' informative value, in a way, but I was simply not interested in actually seeing it, especially when my aquaintance mentioned there were dead children in the exhibit.

What "controvercial exhibit" is meant here? Did they mean arrival of "Body Worlds" exhibition of Plastinator-man? German anatomist Gunther von Hagens who makes his living by world-touring of plastified bodies which he proudly calls a form of art? There is a german film "Anatomy" by Stefan Ruzowitzky (2000), and it turns that "body-art-piece"-then has to be alive when an injection of plastificator substance is made to make possible plastification process. I think similar injection was made in 18-th century to "anatomical mashines" in capella San Severo in Naples. The face of pregnant woman there is expressing an eternal horror of being solidified alive.

Back
Top Bottom