Passion and Bats

R

ri

I am in a cemetery with a girl. [In real life she has a partner, but there is a sexual energy between us - nothing has happened yet.] In the dream it does start to happen - in the cemetery. The foreplay gets interupted by a group of people her age [shes 26 im 36] who have come into the graveyard/ cemetery. The girl is worried that its her boyfriend with other friends. They take no notice of us and walk on by. There are more people now and they are looking away from us over a wall. I see that they are observing bats. HUndreds of them, if not thousands! They are silhouetted in a pastel pink sky at sunset. I too am now fascinated by them. I am not paying the girl any attention. I have forgotten about her. The group of us observe these bats until the bright morning sunshine has cleared the skies of bats.

Hmmm....

Any offers!?

Ri

Ri said:
[In real life she has a partner, but there is a sexual energy between us - nothing has happened yet.]
If this woman has a partner in real life, why do you put yet at the end of this sentence?

Sorry, I dont understand. What point are you trying to make here?

Ri

I think anart is asking why you still leave it open as a possibility for something to happen between you and this person, despite the fact this would involve her either cheating on her partner, or breaking her current relationship. is this narcissistic wishful thinking on your part?

Ri, I think Anart wasn't trying to make a point, she actually DID make a point, one which was expanded by sleepyvinny.

If usual dreams serve as a kind of compensation of what one is lacking in one's psychological reality or physical life (at least this is what I understood from Jung), then this dream is quite telling, more so with the little "slip" you communicated by this short, but substantial word "yet".

It's interesting, that after you "get close" with the girl
ri said:
In the dream it does start to happen - in the cemetery. The foreplay(...)
who is "unaccessible" in real life
ri said:
In real life she has a partner
you "leave" her
ri said:
I am not paying the girl any attention. I have forgotten about her.
at the first instant, when something else catches your interest
ri said:
I see that they are observing bats. (...) I too am now fascinated by them.
Can it be an allegory for striving to satisfy one's lust by means of "using" another person and immediately abandoning her once she has been "conquered", when she is no longer "necessary" or interesting enough.

Can the cementary be a parable of the relation (or intercourse) being emotionally empty (dead)?

Just a few thoughts. And, ri - it's you who submitted your dream for evaluation - so don't be surprised when you receive some answers...

j0da said:
Ri, I think Anart wasn't trying to make a point, she actually DID make a point, one which was expanded by sleepyvinny.

If usual dreams serve as a kind of compensation of what one is lacking in one's psychological reality or physical life (at least this is what I understood from Jung), then this dream is quite telling, more so with the little "slip" you communicated by this short, but substantial word "yet".

It's interesting, that after you "get close" with the girl
ri said:
In the dream it does start to happen - in the cemetery. The foreplay(...)
who is "unaccessible" in real life
ri said:
In real life she has a partner
you "leave" her
ri said:
I am not paying the girl any attention. I have forgotten about her.
at the first instant, when something else catches your interest
ri said:
I see that they are observing bats. (...) I too am now fascinated by them.
Can it be an allegory for striving to satisfy one's lust by means of "using" another person and immediately abandoning her once she has been "conquered", when she is no longer "necessary" or interesting enough.

Can the cementary be a parable of the relation (or intercourse) being emotionally empty (dead)?

Just a few thoughts. And, ri - it's you who submitted your dream for evaluation - so don't be surprised when you receive some answers...
That's very insightful j0da, especially about the emotional emptiness - graveyard connection. In real life though, she has been seeking to conquer me (energy vamp) and I have had to resist. Every day is a test and this was one of them! We have had a sexual relationship in the past, and Ive always known that if it was going to go anywhere - if we were still on the same branch of the tree - something would have come of it back then. We are in a play together (thespians), so you can imagine that we have had close encounters, which has made it difficult for me. ANyway the dream certainly confirmed to me that there was potentially trouble around the corner if I should yield to my base physical desires (not bad in itself), and thus get taken off course (bad).

anart's comment I have completely dismissed. It's based upon a conditioned morality and not on a consciuous awareness of what IS. I have only been reading Lauras material for 2-3 weeks and can only say that this is what I think people here call STS behaviour?

thanks

ri

ri said:
In real life she has a partner, but there is a sexual energy between us - nothing has happened yet.
ri said:
We have had a sexual relationship in the past, and Ive always known that if it was going to go anywhere - something would have come of it back then.
i'm confused... I can't find any way to read this without it being a contradiction.

ri said:
anart's comment I have completely dismissed. It's based upon a conditioned morality and not on a consciuous awareness of what IS.
yet she made no judgement, all she did was ask you a straightforward question - to do a bit of self-searching. isn't that why you posted the dream?

ri said:
anart's comment I have completely dismissed.
Somehow I find this remark rude, ri.

ri said:
It's based upon a conditioned morality and not on a consciuous awareness of what IS.
No, it's simply based on observation and going after a clue which stands out most remarkably in your first post. Like sleepyvinny wrote, Anart made no judgement, she simply asked you a question, one which you have "completely dismissed".

ri said:
Anyway the dream certainly confirmed to me that there was potentially trouble around the corner if I should yield to my base physical desires(...)
Surrendering to base physical desires, especially of sexual kind usually brings trouble. In the case of a truth seeker - it ALWAYS brings trouble.

Another thought - since you describe this girl as an energy vampire, appearance of bats is no surprise, since they are commonly associated with vampires in our culture. One might ask - what is she doing when you DON'T PAY ATTENTION to her? Or, if we substitute sight with awareness, what is she doing to you, that you are not aware of?

ri said:
I am in a cemetery with a girl. [In real life she has a partner, but there is a sexual energy between us - nothing has yet]
you seem to be the key to break the relationship she is in right now(graveyard and breaking up maybe some connection?), and dismissing Anart's comment is an act out of ignorance, see below.

The girl is worried that its her boyfriend with other friends. They take no notice of us and walk on by. There are more people now and they are looking away from us over a wall. I see that they are observing bats. HUndreds of them, if not thousands! They are silhouetted in a pastel pink sky at sunset. I too am now fascinated by them. I am not paying the girl any attention.
this dream and I am almost sure that it is probally a warning for you to take some steps back and ask yourself a couple of questions , assuming you had a sexual relation in the past with her, you are maybe still in ''love'' with her , I just recommend you to study your own dream word by word, in the end it is YOUR dream and a message to YOU.

ri said:
I have only been reading Lauras material for 2-3 weeks and can only say that this is what I think people here call STS behaviour?
Actually, this is closer to what we call STS behaviour:
ri said:
ANyway the dream certainly confirmed to me that there was potentially trouble around the corner if I should yield to my base physical desires (not bad in itself), and thus get taken off course (bad).
You think there would be potential trouble if you yield to physical dessires because you would had been taken off course. Otherwise... welcome base physical dessires, which are not bad in its self!
I also notice you identify your self with the victimized side, But I think Joda has it right here:
j0da said:
And that is another example of what we call here STS behaviour.
Now, in my opinion, anything haappening in a cementery is already death or condemned to born death or to dye as soon as it is born or as soon as it happens. The bats could be the forces producing this state on your relationship -they mesmerize you.
This forces are evidently STS vectors. Now, the question is: Will you give it up, knowing she has a partner... or will this vectors give you more rationalizations to yield?

sleepyvinny said:
ri said:
In real life she has a partner, but there is a sexual energy between us - nothing has happened yet.
ri said:
We have had a sexual relationship in the past, and Ive always known that if it was going to go anywhere - something would have come of it back then.
i'm confused... I can't find any way to read this without it being a contradiction.

ri said:
anart's comment I have completely dismissed. It's based upon a conditioned morality and not on a consciuous awareness of what IS.
yet she made no judgement, all she did was ask you a straightforward question - to do a bit of self-searching. isn't that why you posted the dream?
Granted. I think it would've been better to have given no background info at all about the dream. Words are a strong and yet limited medium for communication. "nothing has happened yet" - Our sexual relationship was about three years ago. Nothing has happened yet - since it ended back then. I am talking about a recent past.

And maybe you put words into anart's mouth in your initial post, but I dont think you needed to. anart was not interested in interpreting the dream but in taking moral high ground and telling me what is black and what is white accordingly. I stick by what i have said regarding a "conditioned morality". Whose morality? That imposed upon anart throughout her life by parents, peers, society etc? IN other words what you guys call the matrix?

ri said:
And maybe you put words into anart's mouth in your initial post, but I dont think you needed to. anart was not interested in interpreting the dream but in taking moral high ground and telling me what is black and what is white accordingly. I stick by what i have said regarding a "conditioned morality". Whose morality? That imposed upon anart throughout her life by parents, peers, society etc? IN other words what you guys call the matrix?
Actually, the offense taken by my question says much, much more about you than it does about me.

I asked the question because your phrasing indicated that you were behaving in a predatorial manner. There is no moral implication, just a motivational implication on your part.

It is quite telling, however, that you cannot 'let it go' and that you do not See nor understand that everything you are reading into my statement is wholly created in your own mind - thus a reflection of your own programming.

Sleepyvinny wasn't putting words in my mouth, nor were any of the other forum members - other than you. The other forum members simply understand why I brought it up and you do not.

That's ok - that can be easily remedied with some self-reflection and learning on your part, but whether you choose to do that or not is yet to be seen. I would like to suggest that you carefully read the forum rules, however, since you are bordering on rude and aggressive behavior in your responses to and about me, and there is really no need for that at all.

j0da said:
ri said:
anart's comment I have completely dismissed.
Somehow I find this remark rude, ri.

ri said:
It's based upon a conditioned morality and not on a consciuous awareness of what IS.
No, it's simply based on observation and going after a clue which stands out most remarkably in your first post. Like sleepyvinny wrote, Anart made no judgement, she simply asked you a question, one which you have "completely dismissed".

ri said:
Anyway the dream certainly confirmed to me that there was potentially trouble around the corner if I should yield to my base physical desires(...)
Surrendering to base physical desires, especially of sexual kind usually brings trouble. In the case of a truth seeker - it ALWAYS brings trouble.

Another thought - since you describe this girl as an energy vampire, appearance of bats is no surprise, since they are commonly associated with vampires in our culture. One might ask - what is she doing when you DON'T PAY ATTENTION to her? Or, if we substitute sight with awareness, what is she doing to you, that you are not aware of?
Rude? Do you want me to wear that mask that pretends all is well, and numbs us all back to sleep?
Did s/he really make no judgment with his/her response? S/he was certainly not here to help interpret my dream.

Surrendering to base physical desires. Agreed. I have yet to meet a woman where indulging in sex does not mean compromising my progress to some degree. I guess i am coming round to the idea that a relationship with nature rather than women is my best course until/ if i ever meet 'Laura's Ark'.

Yes, i wonder why bats have always been associated with vampires? INterestingly, she also cannot stand the smell of garlic on others around her, which I find quite amusing. And yet, reminds me of Michael Tsarion who says, that 'perhaps the greatest myth being purveyed is that myths are just myths'

"what is she doing when you DON'T PAY ATTENTION to her?" I assume you mean in dream time. What sticks out in the dream is that she was fully clothed even during the most intimate foreplay you can imagine - a detail i shouldve included to begin with. She was getting her kicks with me, which included the danger of her boyfriend finding out, as well as sensual pleasures.

Thank you again for allowing another angle on the dream.

Ri

ri said:
Did s/he really make no judgment with his/her response? S/he was certainly not here to help interpret my dream.
I think she was. She is trying to understand and analyze you based on your words which expressed your predisposition to certain aspects of life. Understanding you and your nature goes a long way to better understand what your dream can mean - since after all, it is your dream.

ri said:
Surrendering to base physical desires. Agreed. I have yet to meet a woman where indulging in sex does not mean compromising my progress to some degree.
Progress towards what?
I guess i am coming round to the idea that a relationship with nature rather than women is my best course until/ if i ever meet 'Laura's Ark'.
But women are nature too, so are men, so is everything. And there are different kinds of relationships.

ri said:
INterestingly, she also cannot stand the smell of garlic on others around her, which I find quite amusing.
I'm not a big fan of garlic-breath either! :P
ri said:
"what is she doing when you DON'T PAY ATTENTION to her?" I assume you mean in dream time. What sticks out in the dream is that she was fully clothed even during the most intimate foreplay you can imagine - a detail i shouldve included to begin with.
I got the impression that this was referring to real life as well. But in terms of clothes, I can think of that as a barrier either on your part or on hers. So sexually there isn't a barrier perhaps, but on another level there could be. That barrier could be emotional, or it could even represent free will. The C's described "reliance" or "addiction" as self-imposed abridging of free will. Perhaps indulging in base physical desires is an example of that too, including any mechanical action?

Art said:
Actually, this is closer to what we call STS behaviour:
ri said:
ANyway the dream certainly confirmed to me that there was potentially trouble around the corner if I should yield to my base physical desires (not bad in itself), and thus get taken off course (bad).
You think there would be potential trouble if you yield to physical dessires because you would had been taken off course. Otherwise... welcome base physical dessires, which are not bad in its self!
If desiring something like chocolate or sex is STS behaviour then, yes I agree.

Art said:
I also notice you identify your self with the victimized side, But I think Joda has it right here:
j0da said:
And that is another example of what we call here STS behaviour.
Yes I agree here. In real life I have wondered if it was possible to have the sexual encounter and then move on. As I ve said in another post, I think this is wishful thinking for the most part, although not impossible (Osho did very well! And there's a big thread in this forum about sex). I also know that the girl in question would want more than a sexual encounter, and this knowledge was perhaps reflected in the dream.

Art said:
Now, in my opinion, anything haappening in a cementery is already death or condemned to born death or to dye as soon as it is born or as soon as it happens. The bats could be the forces producing this state on your relationship -they mesmerize you.
This forces are evidently STS vectors. Now, the question is: Will you give it up, knowing she has a partner... or will this vectors give you more rationalizations to yield?
An interesting take on cemeteries Art, and like j0da's take on it, it hits a button with me. Brings to my consciousness, or at least puts in the limelight that a brief encounter is partly what I wanted from her.

Alas, I had already concsiously decided not to yield to her seduction. I was interested in other people's interpretations of the dream.

Thanks for your input

Ri

Back
Top Bottom