Pandas are so cute!

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
I really love pandas! I was passing by my teacher's computer while she was looking at these panda pictures and I got her to send them to me.. and I wanted to share them with you, because they really made me smile and I hope they make you smile too :P

"Uh oh! I'm stuck!"
panda1.jpg

It's King-Kong Time!!
image002.jpg

i love the reflection in the water.. so beautiful.
image003.jpg

Hey look, it's Kung-fu-Panda! :P
image004.jpg

Teamwork!
image005.jpg

Time out!
image006.jpg

Peek-a-boo!
image007.jpg

Oops! Miscalculation!
image008.jpg

"I just wana rest my head!"
image009.jpg

"I didn't do it!"
image010.jpg

Play time!
image011.jpg

Got Milk?
image012.jpg

"Hi kids!"
image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

"Oh no! Stuck again, what's the matter with me today?"
image016.jpg

"forgive me Father for I have sinned..."
image018.jpg

image019.jpg

image020.jpg

So cute!! Especially this one hahahah:

"I didn't do it!"
image010.jpg

you might also enjoy this short youtube video, it's so funny how they slide :D : _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dMnAPZu70

Oxajil said:

Funny, that one makes especially sad because the Panda looks absolutely terrified. Of course, all of the shots of them in cages make me sad - such a cruel way to make such beautiful, harmless creatures live - but that is what humans are best at, it seems; as above so below. But, that's just me and I tend to think too much. ;)

anart said:
Oxajil said:

Funny, that one makes especially sad because the Panda looks absolutely terrified. Of course, all of the shots of them in cages make me sad - such a cruel way to make such beautiful, harmless creatures live - but that is what humans are best at, it seems; as above so below. But, that's just me and I tend to think too much. ;)

I think that goes for many of the "lolcat"-pictures on the net. Having had a cat I know a few postures and facial expressions of cats and many of them look afraid or annoyed. Still many find them funny. I think its okay to think to much about this type of phenomena.

edit: pandas are cute though. And cats are funny :)

anart said:
Oxajil said:

I'm weird that way too anart....my first thought was: "Why are there so many pandas in there? Pandas are solitary creatures, they don't like crowds..." :rolleyes: Yeah, I can be a wet blanket....

Gimpy said:
anart said:
Oxajil said:

I'm weird that way too anart....my first thought was: "Why are there so many pandas in there? Pandas are solitary creatures, they don't like crowds..." :rolleyes: Yeah, I can be a wet blanket....

Initially I thought that too, but I realized they were zoo pictures, therefore it's not of them in their natural habitat. Even though they try and make it as close as possible in the zoo's but we all know a caged animal is never the same once they have been caged.

Deedlet said:
Initially I thought that too, but I realized they were zoo pictures, therefore it's not of them in their natural habitat. Even though they try and make it as close as possible in the zoo's but we all know a caged animal is never the same once they have been caged.

Yes, I suppose that's why I find it so sad.

anart said:
Deedlet said:

I think you might have missed Gimpy's point. Or is that you think a zoo habitat is okay or acceptable?

Oh I don't think zoos are a good habitat for animals. I don't ever go to zoos because I can't bare to look into the eyes of the animals that are there for our "entertainment." It makes me sad, but still.. another way I sometimes think of it..is in terms of how some children will never get to see a live panda, or lion or other animals because they are not accessible, so it might be somewhat educational. But i guess at what cost huh? Just goes to show our STS way of thinking.

Yes, I changed my initial reply to you because it wasn't really a fair question in this world. Humans tend to see creatures that are not human as less, as objects, as commodities with no emotions or lives in any sense. I, personally, do not think this is the case, so it is an unfortunate situation to have to view/experience the STS perspective on all things weaker or less capable of maneuvering in a 3D environment. So - as I summed it up in my replacement post: "yes, I suppose that's why I find it so sad".

Ultimately, as the C's put it:

990925 said:
Q: You also once said that there were "good guys" and "bad
guys."
A: From a chosen perspective.
Q: Does that mean that the "good guys" and "bad guys"
CHOOSE to undertake these roles for the sake of this
Cosmic Drama?
A: Yes, to some extent. It also means that to the fishes and
the cockroaches, et al, "you is de bad guys." Subjectivity
reigns in STS!

970809 said:
Q: Wonderful! So, if it is a Grey or Lizzie, you know they
aren't the nice guys. But, if it is tall and blond, you need to ask
questions!
A: All is subjective when it comes to nice and not nice. Some
on 2nd density would think of you as "not nice," to say the
least!!!

941209 said:
A: How do you think you are viewed by deer, for example?
Q: (L) Well, I can immediately see that. I saw that already. I
mean, cows and chickens would have to view us that way. I
mean, it's pretty gross.
A: Roaches, too.

960714 said:
A: We would never suggest something as harsh as this.
However, beware: 3rd density STS orientation includes the
thought of "dominion" over 2nd density, and this is merely a
continuation of the energy buildups of the approach of the
wave... Some of the lessons are interesting indeed. When you
assume that capture and imprisonment of those of lesser
capacity than you is for "the good," why should not you
expect those of greater capacity than you to assume the same
regarding you?!?

It is one of the many things that I cannot ignore, much to my own distress at times - however, all there is is lessons and, perhaps, at some point in the 'future' things will shift. ;)

When I was a little girl, and first started school I remember in our science book, there was a page with a picture of a man. The man was in the middle of the page and pictures of these animals and plants spread out all over with arrows from them pointing towards the man’s belly. The next page it showed a pyramid and how the man was sitting at the top and all those “foods” were at the bottom of the food-chain. I remember, I went and asked my mom if she was sure that we were on the top of the food chain, she laughed at me and said of course! I remember asking, what about animals that eat humans like sharks or lions? And I remember her saying that, it was true that they attacked humans but that we weren’t their main source of food; therefore we are at the top of the food-chain. I was relieved… oh how wrong I was.
When I first read the C’s material, I must admit that idea of 4D STS eating us was a very difficult concept for me, that is... until I read this very quote that you posted.

A: We would never suggest something as harsh as this.
However, beware: 3rd density STS orientation includes the
thought of "dominion" over 2nd density, and this is merely a
continuation of the energy buildups of the approach of the
wave... Some of the lessons are interesting indeed. When you
assume that capture and imprisonment of those of lesser
capacity than you is for "the good," why should not you
expect those of greater capacity than you to assume the same
regarding you?!?

I remember after I read this, I recalled that memory of talking to my mom about the food-chain and thinking… if she only knew…

It is one of the many things that I cannot ignore, much to my own distress at times - however, all there is is lessons and, perhaps, at some point in the 'future' things will shift.
I’ll have a drink to that shift! Here here~ :cool2:

Well Anart it's not just you, these words of Henry Beston sum the best the way i feel about 2D denizens , and it is all very sad once you start seeing them as fellow prisoners:

For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours,
they move finished and complete,
gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren; they are not underlings;
they are other nations,
caught with ourselves in the net of life and time,
fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth.

If you think these pictures are cute watch this, its priceless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbqzgDnfMsE

anart said:

As I was reading your post I was scrolling up to see the image again and I was shocked to say the least :(. Was viewing the same image with different eyes.. I guess I didn't really thought about them being ''caged''.

Even though I've always disliked zoos, because they imprison animals for their own interest instead of letting Nature Be. Guess I just wasn't thinking clear. Thanks..

anart said:
Oxajil said:

No, anart, I felt the same way. I always do, it seems. Keeping these poor creatures in cages is deplorable, except that if they were in the wild they would more than likely be shot by us highly evolved humans!

And looking in their eyes can really tell it all. I always look at the eyes, it tells me so much, and as you say, there is a look of terror and also a look of complete sadness in some of these. There are some that look like they are enjoying themselves, but a couple definitely are not.

Maybe we both spend too much time thinking?

Back
Top Bottom