Painting

Hi,
Well, it was an accidental discovery, in a way. I blend the pigment from the tube with a glazing medium, and then as I spread it with a wide ish brush on to gessoed canvas it begins to dry slightly. Or maybe the gesso absorbs some moisture (?). I brush slightly overlapping rows from edge to edge working from top to bottom ( initially I was simply looking for a uniform field of colour) and then turn the canvas 90 degrees and do the same thing. Turning the canvas again 90 degrees… and repeating this until- I don’t know what happens. [and the brush is almost laying on its side as I drag these rows scross] It seems the pigment is pulled in to “hedgerows”. I don’t know how else to explain it. I’m sorry I don’t seem to have the technical understanding with which to convey the “how’s” or “whys”. Random discovery and random effects. I’ll put up another painting in due time which has this effect but in another colour. Thanks for noticing. 💐

IMG_3580.jpeg
“Fast Train To Paris” acrylic/canvas. 14” x 11”.

Didn’t seem like I ought eat up bandwidth with another thread, so posted here. Someone will let me if I’ve done this “wrong”, however, all there is is lessons, no? As the spiral grows…. Sounds like a tv show….

Back
Top Bottom