Osarseph, Exodus and Ahmose

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Yesterday I was reading through some things while working on "The Horns of Moses" and then today, I made an interesting discovery.

The first text is Gary Greenberg's "Osarseph and Exodus: Literary Reflections in an Egyptian Mirror" Delivered at the annual meeting of the International Society of Biblical Literature, Lausanne, Switzerland 1997" which is located here:
http://ggreenberg.tripod.com/ancientne/osar.html

In this discussion, he tells us:

GGreenberg said:
ABSTRACT

The story of Osarseph, preserved by Josephus and attributed by him to an Egyptian priest named Manetho, tells of the struggles between a rebellious Egyptian priest named Osarseph and a Pharaoh Amenhotep and his son “Ramesses also called Sethos

Wow! Thanks Laura for sharing your discovery! I am truly
amazed at your ablility for uncovering the clues hidden in
the historical record and for bringing this all to light! I am
equally amazed that you are able to locate and obtain these
difficult to find records (books, manuscripts, ...) to which most
people have no clue to where they might begin!

GGreenberg said:
The Manetho Story

According to Josephus, Amenophis had a desire to see the gods and he communicated this desire to a famous seer. The wise man told Amenophis that he could accomplish his goals if he purged Egypt of all the lepers and polluted people. Delighted with this news, the king rounded up all such people, to the number of about 80,000, among whom were several priests afflicted with leprosy, but, strangely, instead of having them leave Egypt, he enslaved them in the stone quarries, segregating them from the rest of the Egyptians. When the seer learned what Amenophis had done, he feared that the pharaoh’s actions would bring a violent retaliation from the gods and predicted that the polluted people would join with allies and they would take control of Egypt for 13 years.
For some reason I read this as if leprosy was psychopathy. Amenophis/Akhenaten 'communicates with the gods' and is told to segregate the "polluted people". If these polluted people were the pathocratic establishment of the time, there would be a harsh response from the control system.

Anway, this is what the chronology looks like to me, so far. Around 3100 BC "Hermes" overthrew the "The Queen of the White House" (the pharoah rana), changing from worship of Au'Set to Set. This power hungry (i.e. psychopath?) individual broke the spiritual covenant of the peoples of the region. This system of Egyptian materialism and corruption carried on for the next couple millenia.

Perhaps Akhenaten actually tried to institute some positive reforms, but in JFK fashion, was 'taken out' by Abraham/Moses and Sarah/Nefertiti? It would explain his subsequent demonization. Or perhaps he was a "Woodrow Wilson", "FDR", or "GW Bush" type pawn. I don't know enough to make a guess.

A very interesting time in history.

Any idea of when 'The Horns of Moses' will come out?

starsailor said:
what does 'nbsp' stand for?
I don't know where you got nbsp from, but it might be because of a different browser. As far as know it means non breaking space. See here for more on nbsp: http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/nbsp.html

Laura said:
Y This name, "Tetian" is so similar to the name "Tisathen" in the Chaeremon version of the "Moses" story that I think that we can consider it, taken together with the description of the events, as a match.
may be an even closer match actually, with all their strange spelling without vowels etc.

starsailor said:
what does 'nbsp' stand for?
It was some sort of a mis-type. It was supposed to be:
which means it is a "non-breaking space" which is used as a
space character for HTML coding.

freetrinity said:
may be an even closer match actually, with all their strange spelling without vowels etc.
Ptah in old russian language has another meaning? :)

Thanks for topic article!

Few days ago I read _http://ancientegyptweblog.blogspot.com this blog...

When I read the title of the book(Osarseph and Exodus: Literary Reflections in an Egyptian Mirror") and the topic this came to my mind:

Q: (L) Okay, I have been hearing funny popping and crackling
sounds in the psychomantium at night. The other night I even saw
an Egyptian guy walking back toward the mirror
along the side
of the bed where I was. He looked exactly like one of those carved
images with the funny perspective. It seemed that he must have
come out of the mirror, interacted with me in some way, and I was
awakened by his presence as he was going back...
We have been
sleeping regularly in the psychomantium and there is a HUGE
increase in frequency and clarity of dreams. There is an interesting
energy in the tent. Who or what was this being I encountered?
A: Find out

That’s a very interesting find!

Josephus said:
The wise man told Amenophis that he could accomplish his goals if he purged Egypt of all the lepers and polluted people.
Josephus makes a distinction between lepers and polluted people.

From the point of view of any pathocracy, truth seekers - people like the Cathars, anyone working to wake up - are ‘polluted’. I don’t know the figure for the population of Egypt at the time, but 80,000 (if this is accurate; and there doesn’t seem to have been any shortage of soldiers) is a lot of people, and perhaps the ‘truth seeking’ movement of the time was getting out of hand and something had to be done about it. I can imagine that the pathocracy would enjoy enslaving these people with hard labour as a form of revenge, or ‘winning the game’.

among whom were several priests afflicted with leprosy

Moses, too, desired to see God, and his actions also seem to have had some connection to leprosy and disease. In the one instance, after asking to see God directly, his face changed in such a way that it frightened the people and he had to wear a veil, a form of cover identified in Leviticus 13:45 with leprosy. In the other instance, in the presence of the burning bush, the hand of Moses turned leprous.
These last remarks remind me that priests had to wear protective clothing in the presence of the Ark of the Covenant; some UFO witnesses also suffer similar symptoms. Does ‘leprosy’ in this instance refer to some kind of radiation burns?

And finally, if Tetian/Moses was slain by Ahmose I, who was the other Moses? Who was it who led the slaves out of Egypt?

Back
Top Bottom