One of my furry companions has passed

Sincere condolences for your loss Alejo.

I tried my best to give Hero a good life and I hope to have accomplished this.

Not only did you give Hero a good life, but a good death too. These decisions are always difficult, but you showed love, compassion and acted responsibly to ensure his passing was peaceful. Hero isn't suffering anymore and may he rest in peace. Take care of yourself. :hug2:

Je suis en larmes et de tout coeur avec Toi, je viens de prier pour Toi et Hero et je vous rajoute dans ma liste de prières chaque jour...
Pour ton autre chien, parle lui, il comprendra au-delà de tout ce que tu lui diras car les animaux savent lire dans nos pensées ...
Je t'embrasse et pense très fort à vous deux ...

I am in tears and with all my heart with You, I have just prayed for You and Hero and I add You in my prayer every day ...
For your other dog, talk to him, he will understand beyond anything you tell him because animals can read our thoughts ...
I kiss you and think very hard about you two...

Oh no, Alejo, I am so sorry. My condolences. I think knowing you a little that you made the good decision. It is so hard I know. And we feel guilty. But you knew your little dog and do the best for him. Now take care of the other dog, he needs it. Dogs are sad, can feel depress when their friend goes. And take care of you my dear Alex. 🦋 :hug2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hero was a very sweet dog, and I am sure that all this love isn't going to waste, and Hero will always remain your companion on another level. :hug2:
What a beautiful way to express what I had always felt with my dogs that are not here, in this level. They still are in another level and sometimes I feel so strongly their presence and they help me in a sort of way in my day to day. Dogs are really, really amazing and the love we feel for them is super amazing.

Very sorry for your loss, Alejo.

It takes a lot of strength to make that decision, but it sounds like you made the right choice and that maybe he was asking for you to let him pass. If he was suffering, it is the most caring and compassionate thing that you could have done for him, and I am sure he understood that on a 2D soul level!

May the memory of Hero live on in your heart :hug2:

The last few weeks of his life, he started to do something he hadn't done since he was a puppy, follow me everywhere, even though it was quite the effort for him to do so. He became playful and asked for attention more often, wanted to be on my lap and laid down on my feet. Thinking about it now, it was a sweet way to have a few weeks of warmth, like a very long goodbye hug.

So sorry for your loss, but yes, what a sweet memory this is.

I'm really sorry about your painful loss Alejo, what a beautiful tribute you wrote. This little Hero's journey has come to an end and he had a chance to experience a lot of love care during his time with you. He's taken all those feelings and experiences with him and I'm sure he knew he was loved unconditionally.

A decision to part with a faithful and loving companion of such a huge chunk of your life must have been incredibly painful :hug2: I think it takes a lot of courage and compassion for another being to spare them physical pain and suffering by making a decision to expose ourselves to emotional pain caused by their passing. And apart from the pain and complicated operation, it sounds like Hero may have already started saying his 'goodbye' to you over the past couple fo weeks.

My other dog, which is about the same age, felt his absence immediately, has been running around the house looking for him, and staring at me. He has been laying down in Hero's spot and seems extra anxious. So I guess we're both going through grieving process.

It must be really heartbreaking for you to see his pain and sadness. It's such a loss for him too. If he's a sociable doggie, maybe attending a few doggie playgroups may be a good idea? It would give him an opportunity to play with other doggies and maybe the hole in his heart would heal a little?

Last edited:
My condolences on the loss of your beloved companion, Alejo. He looks to be a very precious little guy. I'm sure that he knows how much you care for him and love him. And, even though it's hard to let him go, I think you did the right thing. And, I think you are right in that he was asking to be let go. It has been said in some of the After life material that as long as we think of our 2D companions, they will always be there in 5D playing and enjoying themselves with other 2D beings. So I would assume that he is having fun with his many new friends. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom