occultism: an interesting site: occult-mysteries.org

Hello.

I came across this site some years back. I thought it was a decent site, with a few drawbacks. While I didn't read every single article on it, I did notice an overemphasization on the works of HP Blavatsky. With that being said, it's still a decent website that gets into many traps and pitfalls of occult study. I especially liked the article critiquing Franz Bardon as I was drawn to his works around that time.

Overall I give the site an 8/10 because I feel the people who run it have good intentions and I didn't sense any agendas behind the curtains which is unfortunately the case with many people who write about the occult.

Last edited:
i discovered an interesting site on occultism
I only glanced at the site you posted but noted some interesting quotes from the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and a hermetic writing I had not heard of before.

I don't look for the "be all and end all" in anything (whether it be books, websites, news sources, experiences, people). If something pokes a hole in my thinking, or opens up a new avenue of thought or exploration, it's welcome. If a stranger saves me from being hit by a car at a crosswalk or spits in my face in front of the library, and it wakes me up, then I say thank you, I needed that.............but I don't follow him home and live with him.

A lot of books have been lingering on my reading list for two decades. These quotes made three books suddenly relevant, so they are in higher priority now, after I finish Dante. Thanks.

hi. i discovered an interesting site on occultism, which i found to be quite rational .
its name is:
the above address gives a list of all subjects treated on this site.
Trice nice!
Looking now for From Pioneer to Poet book.
Thank you. :thup:

Thanks heinrich for sharing....we all have to use discernment to navigate our way as SEEKERS of TRUTH. I am current reading Serpent of Wisdom ...full of some great gems that we have been learning here on the forum. I am sharing a few excerpts so others may have an idea of this littlebook. Here goes;

Humanity, the great ignoble vulgus, has never quite been able to see the trees for the forest (or the forest for the trees); the visible has always stood in the way of the great invisible, blocking our view of things as they actually are.

Arthur Machen, who has been dubbed the Apostle of Wonder, wondered at length about this perplexing human condition:

“It seems clear that things which are most clear may yet be most closely hidden for long ages, and hidden not only from the gross and sensual man, but for the fine and cultured man. And that being evident, does not the consequence follow that we who have certainly not attained to perfection of any kind, may be, nay, almost certainly are, as blind as those who have gone before us; that we too, gaze at great wonders, both of the body and the spirit, without discerning the marvels that are all around us? And again, it would appear that we may be groping after the perception of things which we apprehend in a dim and broken and imperfect manner. “All manner of things may be under the eyes of men through long ages, and yet be unperceived, undiscerned by them. This is true, and yet these things are none the less there.”

The reason for this is that our opinions, intellect and bigotry act as a screen between us and Illumination. Our own reality, which is nothing but an Illusion, prevents us from seeing things as they truly ARE, and as long as we think we see all there is to see, we will remain blind to the Divine Wisdom hidden directly under our noses.

Jacques Bergier claimed that the Alchemist Fulcanelli visited him in his laboratory in 1937, to warn Bergier and his fellow scientists about their researches into nuclear energy. Fulcanelli said that “the work you and your colleagues are undertaking is appallingly dangerous. It imperils not only yourself — it is a threat to the whole of humanity. The liberation of atomic energy is easier than you think, and the radioactivity produced can poison the atmosphere of the entire planet in the space of a few years”.

He went on to tell Bergier that the Alchemists have known this secret for a long time but that they, unlike the scientists of today “have always taken religious and moral issues into consideration when carrying out their researches, while modern physics was born in the eighteenth century from the spare-time amusements of a few lords and rich libertines. Science without conscience....I thought it my duty to warn a few research workers here and there, but I have no hope that my warnings will bear fruit. Taking it all in all, I have no reason to hope.”

Fulcanelli was correct. The scientific satans did not heed his warning, and in their ungodly arrogance have gone on to become the Black Magicians of the modern world. Their dark spell has been cast, and it is up to us to try to cancel its outcome by sending forth the Light, and by promoting Peace wherever we go.But here I must sound a warning: Peace within is not the same as undisturbed tranquillity,

which is by no means the lot of the genuine student of the Mysteries. In order to gain sufficient knowledge and wisdom they have to plunge into the thick of the fray, and overcome all obstacles: only by such means can they achieve VICTORY. One cannot win a battle without engaging the enemy! And the enemy of Peace is dark ignorance, creating tornadoes of turmoil and chaos wherever it touches down. There exists an illusory peace as witnessed by those who spend their lives meditating upon their navels, with vacuous smiles upon their faces....while others feed them!

Nor can peace be attained by blotting out our feelings. One must learn to master and subdue the lower emotions, it is true, but one must be careful not to kill them out, for the emotions are the true steeds which will one day wing you up to Heaven. But be assured: Peace can be attained midst the roar of battle! Peace will not take up residence in an ascetic, for his heart is cold and chilly, and bereft of generosity. His mind too is narrow and lacks either material or spiritual vision.

God gave the lush fruits of this lovely earth to man, that he may savour and enjoy their goodness: only when he abuses such gifts with excesses do these bounties become a yoke and a burden, crushing him to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom