Nightmare about Human condition?

Mrs.Tigersoap

The Living Force
Hi everyone,

I had this horrible dream last night that I wanted to post it to see if anyone had insights about it. So here it is:

I was among friends and we had taken drugs. We were wandering outside, having a laugh at things we were seeing, hallucinating on things, seeing them differently than they really were, seeing colours, etc. But at some point, I began detaching from the scene, as if I was detached from my body and seeing the scene from outside.

And that scene was scary: I saw that creatures (it felt alien but I was so shocked by I was seeing that “they” did not matter) were there, around the participants (but the participants could not see them) and that they had created the whole scene, the whole atmosphere either a long time ago or maybe right now from another plane/dimension/density and the drugs were not at all what was making us have the hallucinations, the laughing, etc.

They had in fact taken us, put us under hypnosis, show us funny things and immediately associated it with other images, sounds, colours that were not funny so that, later on, when they would show the images, say the words, we would behave exactly as they plan us to. And I was seeing all that, and it was chilling me to the core of my being, and I was waking up from the scene in my dream, because I was beginning to understand.

I was waking up and “they” were noticing it and immediately, two of them were on me. I was climbing stairs and one of them (who had now taken the shape of my dead grandfather) was whispering a word in my ear (I unfortunately cannot remember what) while another one was saying something else. It immediately made me think of a passage in one of Castaneda’s books where Don Juan and Don Genaro do the same thing to induce a certain state in Castaneda. But here it was creepy. And they were always banging with their fists on my forehead, like the word and the banging were connected and were needed to induce me back to sleep. But one of the whispering people was not doing his job properly and the other guy (my supposedly dead grandfather) was getting angry at him and saying “don’t say that to her, she’s gonna wake up, you fool, not that word!”. And I was climbing, climbing the stairs, and he was getting angrier “She’s gonna see the place, because of you, she’s gonna see where it’s all been done!” And I was so scared of course, but I wanted to see that place, I had to see it. And when I arrived on top of the stairs, after much effort (I had to carry these two creatures on my back, after all), I was on a stage. There was a fake living room, with notes on a blackboard for actors, two armchairs, a table. And I woke up, terrified.

Usually when I have a nightmare, I can calm down within a few minutes of my waking up, but there, I was feeling so bad, even physically sick.

So, has any of you thoughts on this dream?
I personally thought that maybe this is because I’ve been particularly down lately, about some of my problems, about the state of world, about what kind of world my daughter will be growing up in, about the little we can do about all this. I’ve been reading about all this for several years, have been working on myself for more than 10 years and I guess my dream has to do with what’s really going on, about what happened to mankind, in a way. I read about the magician tale by Gurdjieff and I guess I understood what it meant. But it is the first time that I FELT it, it’s no longer only intellectual. And that was horrible.
Is the stage at the end life, like in Shakespeare‘s ‘Life’s a stage?’
Am I seeing this all too literally? Is the face of my grandfather relevant (I never had such a great bond with him)?
Has any of you had similar dreams? I would really like to know what you think.

mrstigersoap said:
But it is the first time that I FELT it, it’s no longer only intellectual.
Sounds like that might be the key - a real glimpse behind the veil. Quite a dream, actually - it would have stuck with me as well, fwiw.

You said "banging with their fists on my forehead, like the word and the banging were connected and were needed to induce me back to sleep."

Maybe this banging on your forehead made you more aware of the situation, just the opposite of what they wanted - like thinking with a hammer.

Thank you Anart for your input: yeah, I guess that's what it was, and it was not a pretty sight.

Aurora: I had not seen things like this. At first, I thought that maybe they were banging on my forehead to stop me from using my "third eye"/my intuition or something along those lines. But obviously, it was doing quite the opposite, so you are probably right!!
Thank you for your insight!

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I was climbing stairs and one of them (who had now taken the shape of my dead grandfather) was whispering a word in my ear (I unfortunately cannot remember what) while another one was saying something else. [..] But one of the whispering people was not doing his job properly and the other guy (my supposedly dead grandfather) was getting angry at him and saying “don’t say that to her, she’s gonna wake up, you fool, not that word!”. And I was climbing, climbing the stairs, and he was getting angrier “She’s gonna see the place, because of you, she’s gonna see where it’s all been done!” And I was so scared of course, but I wanted to see that place, I had to see it. And when I arrived on top of the stairs, after much effort (I had to carry these two creatures on my back, after all), I was on a stage. There was a fake living room, with notes on a blackboard for actors, two armchairs, a table. And I woke up, terrified.
This may be a 'clue' for you to follow.... Your grandfather. It might be worth finding out what influence these 'beings' had over him and the consequences of that influence to you and other members of your family. What sort of 'history' does your grandfather have.

Sometimes our grandparents can have very interesting and mysterious lives. Maybe your subconscious is letting you know to 'dig deeper'.

Jeez, I'm not sure I want to dig any deeper than what I've done several years ago (people talk more when people die) about him, and all there was was nastiness, basically: he had cheated on my grandmother all his life, was involved in really seedy business, was gambling the little money they had, never showed one sign of affection to his 7 sons, only treated me with contempt and ridiculing me in front of everyone. My grandmother had had a psychopathic father (a REAL one, one who thrives on pain of others - like when he asked my grandmother what was his favourite thing in the world - she said 'my kitten' - and so he took it and put it in the open fire in front of her and laughed - This is a true story, my grandmother never recovered from her interactions with this man), and she traded him for a hugely disturbed being, my grandfather. His heroes were the Rat Pack..

So I guess you are right, he must have been under the influence of these creatures of my dream. I don't know if now he regrets it, but he has 'visited' me several times since he died (during reiki/healing sessions, or during a session with a psychic, they both gave me a description of someone in the room corresponding exactly to him). Or maybe he was just trying to make sure I keep the tradition of degenerescence alive in the family LOL !!!

mrstigersoap said:
So I guess you are right, he must have been under the influence of these creatures of my dream.
Or he was simply symbolically representative of the type of evil these creatures were - I mean it wasn't a big fuzzy bunny rabbit whispering in your ear, it was this evil husk of a human being, your grandfather. fwiw.

Hi Mrs. T,
It seems to me that this dream is related to you "waking up" in real life. And seeing the fake living room may have been seeing the Matrix - the lie filled fake world we live in. And the staircase which you struggled to get up relates to the struggle to wake up and "see" the lies/Matrix. A very powerful dream that sure does seem as though it was as Anart said, a glimpse behind the veil.
Just some thoughts,
oh and belated welcome to the forum!

anart said:
Or he was simply symbolically representative of the type of evil these creatures were - I mean it wasn't a big fuzzy bunny rabbit whispering in your ear, it was this evil husk of a human being, your grandfather. fwiw.
Yes, you're right, I took it too literally, I guess. Thank you for your input!

manitoban said:
Hi Mrs. T,
It seems to me that this dream is related to you "waking up" in real life. And seeing the fake living room may have been seeing the Matrix - the lie filled fake world we live in. And the staircase which you struggled to get up relates to the struggle to wake up and "see" the lies/Matrix. A very powerful dream that sure does seem as though it was as Anart said, a glimpse behind the veil.
Just some thoughts,
oh and belated welcome to the forum!
Now that you're talking about the staircase, it's true that I remember that I read somewhere that it can be a symbol of work, so it ties in with what you say.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom