New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Ever feel like your understanding of the Bigfoot phenomena is woefully incomplete? Saddened that attention to this hairy cryptid doesn't get the attention that is its due? Wonder when someone - anyone - will tie in the Sasquatches with observable accompanying paranormal phenomena - and link that to our understanding of cutting edge physics in a reasonable and rigorous way? Your wait is over!;-)

MindMatters: Dark Matter Monsters and the Sociology of the Paranormal with Dr. Simeon Hein

Thanks for this interview!

I'm a little over halfway through listening to it, and I'm impressed by Hein's "adult", balanced and calm way of presenting/explaining things on such extraordinary topics. I have to admit that I'd never heard of him before but now I'm really tempted to by his latest book! :-)

I've now started reading 'Dark Matter Monsters', and I'm enjoying it. However, some of Hein's claims of successful experiments appear almost too wild and astonishing: scientific studies with cold fusion 'ball lightnings', coherent matter that does paranormal things etc. In most cases he cites some researcher's/inventor's study/experiment or a patent. So, I'm just wondering, Ark and others who are trained to research this stuff, is there really all this amazing and groundbreaking stuff that is scientifically documented? E.g. Matsumoto and a bunch of other researchers he's referencing, is their rearch really legit?

I'd be happy to read those studies myself, but I'm afraid that I wouldn't understand much of the 'quantum physics' and mathematics in those papers.

We had the chance to speak with researcher David Abramowitz once more - who himself came to AI with the idea of drawing attention to a very illustrative form of classification - for the many ways in which pathologies are demonstrated by 'wokism'.

While the subject matter itself is hardly new to us, it seems quite useful to note, also (and yet again), just how many issues wokists, wittingly or unwittingly, get deployed upon for enforcing the culturally-Marxist-globalist agenda. And I'm sure we've left out a few too!

MindMatters: The Woke Psychopathology Taxonomy with David Abramowitz

David Abramowitz joins us once again, this time to discuss Michael Shellenberger and Peter Boghossian's Taxonomy of Woke Psychopathology. With Andrew Lobaczewski's Political Ponerology as inspiration, the taxonomy summarizes how certain Woke topics and causes express Cluster B personality disorder dynamics. While the topics themselves may not be pathological, the manner in which they're presented is, expressing such features as attention-seeking, grandiosity, emotional dysregulation, excess and lack of empathy, victimhood ideology, impaired reality testing, and splitting.

Join us as we take a broader look at political causes, the pathocratic function of ideology, and its role in creating a worldview that makes sense to the Cluster B personality. Pathocratic personalities then attempt to force everyone else to conform to the world they have created.

Harrison had a chance to speak to a guest who's coming to the question of ET from a very different perspective:

MindMatters: It's Full of Life: Philosophy of ET with Andrew Davis

Astrophilosophy. Exotheology. Whitehead.

Andrew Davis is the program director for the Center for Process Studies. A philosopher and theologian, his latest work is on the metaphysics of exo-life. Today on MindMatters we discuss his work on science, religion, and what the impact of the discovery of ET life would mean for philosophy, and a general philosophical framework that would make sense of it.

We also discuss the opening up of public and academic interest in the topic of UFOs and non-human intelligences, David Ray Griffin's work and parapsychology, humans as an exemplification of what the universe does, the morphological and ontological templates that life may take elsewhere, the ontology of possibilities, shared commonalities that might allow for communication with ET forms of life, the mind of God, and more.

We’ve had few guests who are as erudite, clued-in and open-minded as Arthur Versluis. And I’m really, really, really (really) ;-) hoping that his book American Gnosis, becomes available in soft cover (sooner rather than later) so that whoever finds this material interesting can get their hands on it and soak up what he’s saying. For now though, enjoy the discussion; we have so enjoyed reading, speaking with, and listening to this guy! As Arthur says at the end of the interview: “These things are worth exploring.’ And we wholeheartedly agree.

MindMatters: Arthur Versluis: The Neo-Gnostics vs. Pathocracy

Neo-gnosticism without Gnosis. Gnosis without neo-gnosticism. These are just a couple of the frameworks, dichotomies, and strains of gnosticism making their way into the religious, social, and political consciousness and conversation of today's world through literature, film, and other media. In this follow-up discussion with author and scholar Arthur Versluis, we continue our discussion on his Oxford University Press-published book 'American Gnosis: Political Religion And Transcendence.' We further delve into the profound influence and divergences of an ancient set of spiritual beliefs - made all the more relevant for their lasting power and pervasiveness in so much of what we're observing on the world stage. (Part I of this discussion is here.)

This week on MindMatters we further examine the spectrum of gnosis, contemporary misconceptions about its tenets, as well as how the political dissidents of today could become the inquisitional forces of tomorrow. If pathocracy, extreme materialism, radical leftism and communism are the 'enemies' of gnosticism, then what, if anything, can gnosticism tell us about a way forward in an increasingly complicated world?

Back
Top Bottom