Nervousness and anxiety

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
For a little less than the past week I've been feeling a high degree of nervousness and anxiety, mostly in the form of fidgeting. For example, I find foot bobbing up and down at a rapid pace for an unusually long length of time or other similar expressions. I usually experience neurosis as depression so this high degree of continued nervousness is a bit new. The 'pets acting strange' thread has me wondering if this might be connected to a more common experience or if there is just something going on with me individually. Anyone else feeling highly nervous?

Years ago, when I was a counselor at a halfway house, one of my fellow counselors said that wagging the foot like that is sometimes a sign of repressed anger. Not always, of course, just something to think about.

Hi

I don’t know what this really means but I have always been a fidgety kind of person. I play with my hair or bob my legs up and down at rapid speed on a regular bases and I’ve never really thought anything of it. When I was a kid, I used to chew my nails but don’t do that anymore.

One thing regarding the nervousness you feel. I myself feel nervousness quite often these days when I read the news or when I think about the elections in the US and what will be the turn out. I just think that with the economic state of the world (especially in US) and the elections and maybe climate change, etc… it’s only natural to feel some nervousness or anxiety. That’s kind of what I’ve been feeling anyway. Fwiw.

For a little less than the past week I've been feeling a high degree of nervousness and anxiety, mostly in the form of fidgeting. For example, I find foot bobbing up and down at a rapid pace for an unusually long length of time or other similar expressions.

Hi Los,
When I experience that I find that something is bothering me subconsciously that I am not yet aware of. Most recently, it was about being dishonest with myself about something I didn't want to see in myself. Once the awareness came, the foot bobbing took a vacation. fwiw

Sounds to me like you may need some mineral supplementation or dietary changes; most particularly, check out the book "The Magnesium Miracle." You would be amazed at how many similar conditions that either come and go or are permanent or semi-permanent, are cause by magnesium deficiency.

Los said:
For a little less than the past week I've been feeling a high degree of nervousness and anxiety, mostly in the form of fidgeting. For example, I find foot bobbing up and down at a rapid pace for an unusually long length of time or other similar expressions. Anyone else feeling highly nervous?

It takes shopping or otherwise interacting with lots of people to work my nerves like that, usually when there's lots of little kids racing around and I'm concerned that I'll bump into them if I'm in a wheelchair or scooter. (Plus the temptation to chase gawkers in Wal Mart. :evil: )

Its been a week now on the detox cocktail from "Detox or Die" by Sherry Rogers, with added liquid magnesium chloride, and its done wonders as far as mood goes.
A few weeks ago I actually thought it was time to go to the hospital and tell my neurologist I needed to be inpatient for depression. Once I read through the magnesium miracle, candida, and detox threads, I figured there was nothing to lose by trying this out on my own first. So far, so good. My energy is better, the pain is better (neuropathy from MS), and my mood is evening out. *knocks on wood* :)

I agree with Laura on reading those threads and giving it a try.

The results might surprise you!

Gimpy
still plugging away at it

Gimpy said:
It takes shopping or otherwise interacting with lots of people to work my nerves like that, usually when there's lots of little kids racing around and I'm concerned that I'll bump into them if I'm in a wheelchair or scooter. (Plus the temptation to chase gawkers in Wal Mart. :evil: )

Hah! :lol: That would be priceless to watch! :halo:

Gimpy said:
Its been a week now on the detox cocktail from "Detox or Die" by Sherry Rogers, with added liquid magnesium chloride, and its done wonders as far as mood goes.
A few weeks ago I actually thought it was time to go to the hospital and tell my neurologist I needed to be inpatient for depression. Once I read through the magnesium miracle, candida, and detox threads, I figured there was nothing to lose by trying this out on my own first. So far, so good. My energy is better, the pain is better (neuropathy from MS), and my mood is evening out. *knocks on wood* :)

Good for you!. That is rather impressive. And it's good to hear that your mood is stabilizing. The more I read about the magnesium, detox and candida diet the more amazing they seem.

Good luck in your detox. ;)

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've been on the gluten free/casein free diet for the past six months, however I strayed a bit recently so the feedback on diet (thanks Laura) seems a probable connection. I had put off reading the magnesium thread - I scored pretty high deficiency questionnaire, so this is something that looks like will be helpful too.

Back
Top Bottom