Name that quote Game

A

atreides

!!#$% Win an Agenda - And maybe a Signed Photo of Me in my footed PJ's! Ok, just the agenda, but y'all are missin out!

As is customary for Post SPs like myself, a game should be started that it so utterly and completely pointless as to draw everyone on the board into a massive post-a-thon.

So, In my sig currently there are two quotes, The first person to name them gets 1 point per quote. Afterwards, I will change the quotes, And you will have to guess again. I will try to make them as un-google friendly as possible as the game progresses.

If this game runs well, maybe we will start another, possibly with prizes. Some prize suggestions so far have been

1: Meeting Me
2: Receiving an autographed picture of me
3: Me leaving an incomprehensible voicemail message congratulating you on your success

After about 5 changes, the game ends and we will tally the points.

Be very specific, you need to name the Source, and the individual or character.

If I put "What can man do against such reckless hate."

Lord of the Rings would not be sufficient, the correct answer would be The Two Towers, King Theoden

Spelling errors are fine, as long as it "sounds like", the same is true for my quotes, I may not put them in their entirety or 100% as they were. For google reasons, and because I am not infallible.

* I have Decided to prolong the game until I am satisfied that mental corruption of at least one board member has taken place.
##Quotes will now appear in the thread, look for the NEW QUOTE: marker in my posts from now on. ##

Of course, "ROUS" - Rodents of Unusual Size, I don't think they exist "is quoted directly from Wesley in the Princess Bride as he and Buttercup venture into the forbidden swamp of fire, or someshuch thing, where such rodents are claimed to exist. They do, in fact, exist as Wesley soon learns, resulting in quite a nasty shoulder injury from said ROUS. =)

And, uhhm, I could be wrong, but for some reason I see Samuel Jackson with a pistol in his hand about to shoot the dorky white guys who have possession of the brief case in Pulp Fiction. - It could be the biblical sound of the quote, but, it sure seems like he said this - so, that's my 'guess'. Yep, ol' Samuel L Jackson being all rightous and 'stuff'.
=)

wait a minute, now that I think about it, if it was Samuel L Jackson, he actually said this at a different time in the movie - not when they were retrieving the brief case from those guys. He either says it when he and Vincent are walking to the diner after the 'clean up' - or in the diner when they're seated in the booth. I'm going to say that he said it in the booth at the diner. If I'm completely off, oh, well, it was fun to think about. heheheh

a

Umm, I will accept that, but yes, Jules (Jackson) says that to Tim Roth's character in the diner in Pulp Fiction.

2 points to Anart

Actually, samuel jackson says the quote twice in pulp fiction, before he shoots the character Brett and before he doesn't shoot Tim Roth.

And i have no idea what the current quote is.... got me stumped

Song lyrics

William Percy French

The sons of the prophet were hardy and bold,
And quite unaccustomed to fear,
But the bravest of these was a man, I am told
Named Abdul Abulbul Amir.
This son of the desert, in battle aroused,
Could spit twenty men on his spear.
A terrible creature, both sober and soused
Was Abdul Abulbul Amir...{No need to post the whole thing, scrolling nightmare:atreides}

Yes Justin gains 1 point, the other acceptable source would have been Llore,"Brothers" ST:TNG.

Yeah, Jules says it beforehand.

Not so hard eh...2 points to Muhammad...

Anart - 2
Justin - 1
Muhammad - 2

Next:

Uhhm, Gore Vidal (sp?) said this while having brunch at Spago's with Arianna Huffington. Then they came by my house in their groovy convertable and we all went out to play some croquet. Yeah, that's it.

;)

Mark Twain

Indeed an exceptional author and scholar with many funny and very insightful quotes attributed to him. For example:

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it."

"The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet."

Back
Top Bottom