Mystery of falling dead birds and masses of dead fish

Re: Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds

Whatever is affecting this creatures seem to be affecting small animals only, mostly birds, crabs, and fishes. Haven't come across any reports of beached whales or dolphins. Don't these mammals use the earth's magnetic field for navigation as well? :huh:

I've been listening lately to James McCanney's Science Hour podcasts since the last C's session indicated he was on to perhaps a more correct understanding of some of the phenomena around us. One of his basic premises is that the energy required to do things like produce La Nina and El Nino does not come from events generated on Earth. Likewise with the 3 global jet streams. He provides compelling evidence that the energy required for such phenomena comes from space in the form of charged particles and electro-magnetic energy both related to the activity of the sun, planetary bodies and inherent in the different regions of space we travel through. All these thing are inter-related. He makes the point that it is not the constant influence of these forces which produce extreme results on our planet, but rather the transition times- times of fluctuation and change. If this is true, we are certainly seeing evidence in the form of the extreme weather happening around the world. Also, the accumulation of comet dust and debris would certainly be having some effect.

In light of this, and because what we are seeing is a global phenomena with the creature die-offs, I think some sort of electro-magnetic cause may well be what is going on. It may be related to fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field, or some related mechanism we don't yet know about. I hope we all keep our eyes and ears open, because I'm not sure we really understand much at all about how things really work.

author=Vulcan59 link=topic=21220.msg220844#msg220844 date=1294258801]
Whatever is affecting this creatures seem to be affecting small animals only, mostly birds, crabs, and fishes. Haven't come across any reports of beached whales or dolphins. Don't these mammals use the earth's magnetic field for navigation as well? :huh:

Hi Vulcan59, i did find two articles both recent, plus a an entanglement in Florida (not uncommon).

Stranded dolphins rescued in Tasmania
Posted Sat Jan 1, 2011 5:48pm AEDT
Map: Stanley 7331 A group of dolphins have been successfully rescued after stranding themselves on Tasmania's north-west coast.

The pod of 10 bottle-nosed dolphins was discovered by residents at Tatlows Beach at Stanley early this morning

One of the residents who helped with the rescue, Graham Wells, says two of the dolphins had already died, and two were frail.

He says a group of residents and tourists worked together to tow the eight surviving dolphins out to sea.

"Quite a number of people followed them along the beach in vehicles and made sure that they didn't come ashore again," he said.

"They were tending to try and do that, but the sicker ones seemed to try and gather strength.

"As far as we know those eight have gone back out to sea, and are quite healthy and Parks and Wildlife recovered the other two bodies."

Common Dolphin Uncommonly Washes Up Near Little Plains Beach
Southampton: Jan.6, 2011
Southampton - A 245-pound common dolphin, not uncommon to area waters though rarely beached, was found dead near Little Plains Beach in Southampton Village on Thursday morning. Biologists and workers from The Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation in Riverhead were on scene to collect the seven-and-a-half-foot long dolphin, which will be taken to the Foundation's headquarters for a necropsy, an autopsy for an animal, scheduled to be conducted tomorrow.

The dolphin was discovered by a woman walking on the beach, according to Michael Steward, who works for Southampton Village's highway and beach department.

Common dolphins can grow up to eight-and-a-half feet in length, and are readily identifiable by the crisscross pattern of yellow tan on both sides, a light belly and chest, and a black stripe that runs from the center of the lower jaw to the flipper. They are found in tropical and warm-temperate waters up and down the Atlantic Coast, as well as in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

There have been a number of water-bound visitors to the East End of late, including a recent report of three pilot whales beaching on the south shore in early spring. Last September, Atlantic White-Sided dolphins were spotted in Northwest Creek in East Hampton, while a group of common dolphins were seen off Cedar Point. According to the Riverhead Foundation's website, research has indicated that there are 25 cetacean (whale and dolphin) species who pass through or inhabit waters off Long Island.

Village beach crews helped to relocate the 245-pound dolphin into the research truck.

According to Rob DiGiovanni, the director and senior biologist for the Foundation, the group relies on calls from the general public to reporting spottings and strandings in local waters. "It's critical; we couldn't do this without the public's support. We want to know as much about these animals as possible," he explained. The Foundation has a 24-hour rescue hot-line, 631-369-9829, to field reports of stranded or injured animals.

The Riverhead Foundation runs The Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program, started in 1980 to respond to whale, dolphin, seals, and strandings in the New York area. Researchers with the program, the only one of its kind in the state, have handled nearly 4,000 animals since its inception.

Live animals taken in by the program often undergo an extensive rehabilitation before being released in the wild. Two of the more recent releases include Cindy, a female gray seal found in Hampton Bays in February and let go in East Hampton on May 2, and AJ, a male gray seal who was set free in Hampton Bays on May 17 after recovering from wounds to its right hind flipper.

Both AJ and Cindy were released with satellite tags attached to their body, part of an on-going program meant to provide The Riverhead Foundation with a better understanding of the habits and movements of the seals, and to help assess the program's treatment protocols.

When conducting postmortems on dead animals, like the common dolphin at Little Plains, researchers from The Riverhead Foundation sometimes safeguard tissue samples for further analysis by national and international scientists. At times, skeletal remains are preserved for use at educational institutions. According to DiGiovanni, the dolphin was in "good condition for taking samples."

Tom Sherry, a life-long resident who works as a groundskeeper on a nearby estate, said this is the first dolphin he has seen washed up on the beach.

Endangered Whale Untangled from Fishing Ropes
Posted on 03 January 2011.

A team of wildlife experts in Daytona Beach, Fla. has freed an endangered North Atlantic right whale from 150 feet of fishing rope that had been wrapped around its head and body.

The group consisting of state, federal and conservation officials tracked down the whale off the coast of Volusia County on Dec. 30, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

The disentanglement team removed most of the ropes and cut several pieces still remaining on the whale’s body.

“We were very concerned about this whale as the entangling ropes appeared to be life threatening,” said Jamison Smith of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, according to the Sentinel.

“However, given the efforts of the disentanglement team, we are optimistic the whale may shed the remaining ropes on its own, so we will continue to monitor its condition via aerial surveys and intervene again if necessary,” Smith added.

With a population of only 300 to 400 worldwide, right whales are thought to be the most endangered large whale. The animals feed off the coast of New England and Canada in the summers, and migrate southeast to the waters off Florida and Georgia for breeding season in mid-November to mid-April.

“(Right whales) are protected under the U.S. Endangered Species Act of 1973 and the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972,” NOAA said, according to MSNBC. “Vessel strikes and entanglement in fixed fishing gear are the two greatest threats to their recovery.”

An aerial survey team first spotted this particular whale, a 30-foot long male thought to be less than 2 years old, on Christmas Day off northeast Florida.

The state wildlife officials then attached a satellite tracking buoy to the trailing ropes before a larger team was assembled to untangle the ropes.

Scientists typically find one or two entangled right whales in the region each year, MSNBC reports

venusian said:
I've been listening lately to James McCanney's Science Hour podcasts since the last C's session indicated he was on to perhaps a more correct understanding of some of the phenomena around us.

Just a note that I recently stumbled upon this myself -- details can be found at McCanney's website here.

Also, FWIW, many of the species of fish mentioned in either Grim's collation or RyanX's SOTT article are bottom-feeders: catfish, drum fish, and croakers (including spot fish); bream carp also live near the bottom. This isn't true for snappers, sardines, or menhaden, but these are all plankton-feeders (only true for some snappers), as are carp. I have no idea if this is a clue, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Added: From Kniall's recent article, gizzard shad fish and mullets are also filter feeders. Not so with ladyfish, though.

Laura, HAARP is a geometrical array of antennae modules at various locations. Each location makes up a part of the whole. HAARP is not wholly localised in Alaska. I meant that NW cape antennae array is part of the wider HAARP network. Possibly localised antenna produce stronger local effects. In Tesla's proposed model of worldwide energy transmission/reception he postulated an array or grid of towers to make up the whole system.

It looks like they caught a blip on radar of something over Beebe a half hour before reports of dead birds came in.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/220988-Bird-deaths-Did-NWS-Radar-Capture-Startled-Flock-

Beebe_Radar_comment.jpg

Weather radar in Little Rock, Ark. may have captured an image of a flock of birds as they rose from nighttime roosts near Beebe, Ark. on New Year's Eve. Thousands of redwing blackbirds were later found dead on the ground nearby.

Such radar images of bird flocks are not unusual. Weather radar sites near the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and Delaware sometimes capture the radar reflections of flocks of birds as they rise into the sky at sunrise on summer mornings.

Last night, Steve Zubrick, the science officer out at the National Weather Service forecast office in Sterling, Virginia, sent me a link to a radar image recorded beginning at 10:21 p.m. Central Time in Little Rock. That's about a half hour before reports began coming in about dead birds falling from the sky in Beebe.

The loop shows rainstorms moving away to the north and east of the radar. But at a spot about 25 nautical miles northeast of the radar, an unusual reflection appears, expands and moves off to the southeast with the prevailing winds. It's the green blob on the still radar image above.

"Could these returns be birds disturbed from the nightly roosting sites?" Steve asks.

"Given what was on radar...just a few light showers moving NE and examination of surface obs within 30nm of this area showed nothing unusual (no high wind gusts, eg). There were a few positive lightning strikes about 50-55 nautical miles to the SE over Arkansas County around 0430 UTC. Positive lightning strikes carry much more current then negative strikes...and have a much bigger "boom" then negative strikes. Still, they were located 55 miles away...although it would not be entirely impossible other lightning (non-cloud-to-ground) could have occurred.

"But I don't have any data that could show that (i.e., there is no lightning detection network that I know of in that area that would pick up the "total" lightning (e.g., within cloud or cloud-to-air)

"I'd say there is not a meteorological explanation. Exploding fireworks sounds like the most plausible...given the time of year...New Year's Eve...and that many folks like to shoot off fireworks to celebrate the New Year."

Somehow I don't buy that something that big on radar is actually a flock of birds or fireworks. Who knows though...

I don't know what is causing the death of the birds but I had a strange dream a few night ago. I saw comet like bolide entering the atmosphere but their particularity was that they didn't emit any light, they were as black as coil. The tail was as black as the nucleus, a thick dark smoke, and upon awakening my thought of the dream was that had witnessed the black death.

I know that it not much a contribution but, what do we know of the debris entering earth is atmosphere. Are all debris as flamboyant as comet or is there possibility of other interstellar debris unknown to science. Unless witnessed during the day, what I saw in my dream could not be seen at night. :huh:

Here is a Google Maps with locations of current animal death incidents-

The link is _http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b&ll=28.921631%2C5.273438&spn=141.542315%2C12.304687&z=2&iwloc=0004991c2e41cf55affcb

There is detail and reference to news stories, etc at the link.

Attachments

• mass-animal-deaths.gif
    mass-animal-deaths.gif
    93.6 KB · Views: 12

Maybe its the end for some species on the planet. :(
I wonder if the same could happen to humans, you know, just suddenly we all die. I really hope not, I mean it could be induce by someone, I really don't think that some of the birds and fish deaths where just a coincidence. Something killed those animals, and it didn't leave enough evidence to clear what really happend... :huh:

I take the news as a warning, so we all need to be carefull and just stay in tune with our regular work and meditate before we act so we don't deviate to dangerous crowds.
Thank you Venusian for posting the map, I can't really see any relation, maybe it has to do with air and water flows...I dunno

Let's put in practice our knowledge so we can be protected and away from dangerous situations, I pray for the sake of the human race and for the revealing of the truth OK I'm diverting, more and more information and we be able to put the puzzle together. :)

EDU

CNN says today the cause of death of the birds in Sweden was "external blows". Bolide?

_http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/01/05/sweden.bird.deaths/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

hithere said:
CNN says today the cause of death of the birds in Sweden was "external blows". Bolide?

_http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/01/05/sweden.bird.deaths/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

De hade kraftiga inre blödningar. Det finns inga tecken på infektion eller sjukdom, säger Marianne Elvander på SVA.
=
They had massive internal bleeding. There is no sign of infection or sickness, says Marianne Elvander of the SVA.

edit:

Statens veterinärmedicinska anstalt, SVA, tog massdöden på så stort allvar att man kallade in sina viltexperter för att göra akut obduktion av kadavren. I går kväll kunde de lösa mysteriet – till oroliga Falköpingsbors lättnad.

National Veterinary Institute, took the massdeath so seriously that they called their game experts to make emergency autopsy on the cadavers. Last night, they could solve the mystery - to the the troubled Falköpingsbors relief.

...yeah, mystery solved, only internal bleeding and dropping from the sky. :)

venusian said:
Here is a Google Maps with locations of current animal death incidents-

The link is _http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b&ll=28.921631%2C5.273438&spn=141.542315%2C12.304687&z=2&iwloc=0004991c2e41cf55affcb

There is detail and reference to news stories, etc at the link.

I can't get it to work for some reason.

What I'd like to know is the TIMING of each event and if the events moved like a wave across the planet as it rotated.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/1.2279997/obduktionen-av-faglar-visar-mystiska-inre-blodningar said:
The dead jackdaws were autopsied yesterday by Erik Ågren at the National Veterinary Institute in Uppsala. They were intact on the outside but when we opened them up, we saw that they had internal bleeding caused by acute external force Says statsepizootolog Marianne Elvander.

1.2279994TS1294289664079_slot100slotWide75ArticleFull.jpg

An autopsy of birds showing mysterious internal bleeding

Mass Death in Falkirk baffles the experts.

The birds were unharmed on the outside but according to an autopsy report, they died from blunt external trauma.
- It is a mystery, I have never seen anything like it, "says Anders Wirdheim of Sweden Ornithological Society.

(...)

Information of nearly 100 jackdaws found dead on a street in Falkirk, quickly became world-world. After two cases of mysterious mortality in the United States, where the birds suddenly dropped dead from the sky, there is attention to go to Sweden.
- It is extremely unusual that jackdaws are dying in this way in the winter, "says Anders Wirdheim, the Swedish Ornithological Society.
Elvis Soderlund, 28, saw the dead birds when he went home on Tuesday evening.
- It was really weird, I felt a great discomfort in the body, "he says.

In Beebe, Arkansas, United States, said state veterinarian on Monday that the birds probably rushed to death by fireworks. Even in Falkirk are reports of firecrackers on the night that the birds died.
- There are reports of fireworks but we do not know if it caused the bird death, says länsveterinär Robert ter Horst.

Blunt external trauma

After suspicions of bird flu sent the children and young bird carcasses in sealed bags to the National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala for autopsy.
Late yesterday came the result - the birds died of acute blunt external trauma. But what kind of violence is unclear.
- They had no evidence of disease or infection, but when we opened them we saw that they had internal bleeding, said statsepizootolog Marianne Elvander.
Yesterday, there was information that motorists driving on the birds. But according to the SVA had birds no external injuries.
- They were completely intact on the outside so they have not come under any wheel, "said Marianne Elvander.
SVA's wildlife experts will now continue to investigate bird death.
- We do not know what caused the violence, "said Marianne Elvander.
"Never seen anything like it"

Although Anders Wirdheim is puzzled.
- I have never seen anything like it, jackdaws are herd animals that sleep in trees at night, they're not used to fly around then, "he says.
- Something has apparently scared them and made them fly off, but why they died is a mystery, "he says.

The descriptions of the internal injuries reminded me of something I'd read about a new weapon. Something called a, "Thermobaric Grenade".

"Thermobaric weapons leave no fragments on or in the victims' bodies, making it all the more difficult to provide proper care for the injured. "This fact already puts them outside established conventions of war, regardless of whether they are used against military or civilians," say the doctors.

The effect of a thermobaric shell or grenade, according to the GlobalSecurity website, is devastating. "Those near the ignition point are obliterated. Those at the fringe are likely to suffer many internal, and thus invisible injuries, including burst eardrums and crushed inner ear organs, severe concussions, ruptured lungs and internal organs, and possibly blindness. The destruction, death and injury are caused by the blast wave."

Another report, published by Defense Technology, says: "Each tissue type … is compressed, stretched, sheared or disintegrated by overload according to its material properties. Internal organs that contain air (sinuses, ears, lungs and intestines) are particularly vulnerable to blast."

The United States uses 40mm thermobaric grenades developed for the war against "terror" in Afghanistan. These little beauties produce a thermobaric overpressure blast and "all enemy personnel within the effective radius will suffer lethal effects as opposed to the conventional fragmentation round."

--http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2010/09/28/reaping-terrors-reward/

I'm not suggesting that these birds were bombed deliberately, or even indirectly by human agencies. I just wanted to share the observation that postmortem diagnoses of "blunt force trauma" might be the result of animal pathologists mistaking compression waves from explosions for solid object impacts.

Back
Top Bottom