my family and sciatica

StrangeCaptain

Jedi Council Member
Hello all,

My brother, my mother, and I have all experienced symptoms of having pinched a nerve in the lower lumbar region of the back (sciatica or sciatica-like symptoms) in the last 3 months. I am 33, he is 28, and she is 55. We have each had DIFFERENT reasons for this. My mother has a bulging disc and osteo-arthiritis. I have a herniated disc due to a sports injury. My brother is still being diagnosed, but it appears he has a sports injury, too. i.e., we are not experiencing a herditary problem it appears.

Anyway... My mother and I have tried some different alternative approaches to deal with this, and in fact, there is not much modern medicine can do for this type of injury. I have had a lot of pain relief by going to an osteopath, which I think is a little different from a chiropractor, or it is considered different in France anyway. My injury has also responded well to B-vitamins, magnesium, and vitamin C. My mother has experienced some relief due to glucosamine chondroitin and magnesium, and she is currently experimenting with her diet with the guidance of the health books discussed on this forum. My brother is still in the first few days of his injury. If we have a great deal of success with some approach or another, I will post it here.

The question I want to bring up is this: if reality is sometimes symbolically speaking to us, what is the meaning behind us three having the same type of back pain in a 6-month period? The chances of it are pretty small, and we three are a pretty close unit. Could this be one of those universe-trying-to-tell-you-something moments or pure chance. It has my mom kind of freaked out, too. Thanks in advance for any feedback...

Well, Louise Hay says that  "Sciatica :  Being hypocritical.  Fear of money and of the future."

Lower back problems in general are "Fear of money.  Lack of financial support."

Might be some food for thought since ya'll all are experiencing it.

I know two persons very good in removing sciatica but it depend where you're located in France (you're here if I understand well). Anyway one of the two is an acupuncturist, perhaps you can try to find one who know how to thread this.

Cayce approach :

Cayce 3094-1
(Q) What causes and how may I eliminate the sciatica which I have had for the last ten years?
(A) This will be eliminated when the poisons are cleansed from the system, through the massage and the sweats, as well as purifying the system. See, the properties in the inhalant are also purifying to the body, to cleanse or to correct causes. The hydrotherapy and the sweats and the massage are to correct those imperfections, or the conditions causing the disturbance in the sciatic region. So, special attention should be given to the lower lumbar and the limbs, when the massages are made. Have these done at Reilly's.
Do this, and we will get better conditions for this body.

The Cayce readings that are related to sciatica are consistent with the modern health perspective, insofar as they demonstrate a recognition that the symptoms relate to nerve irritation in the lower back.

But the Cayce readings go further. They rarely conclude that the mechanical problems of spinal alignment, joint motion and nerve pressure are the whole story. Instead, they point toward potentially deeper levels of causation, particularly with regard to the organs of digestion, elimination, and circulation.

The Cayce readings on sciatica refer consistently to three key causes of the condition:

1. Injuries to the spine or spinal muscles
2. Congestion in the colon (large intestine)
3. A general condition of acidity in the body

http://www.edgarcayce.org/health/database/health_resources/sciatica.asp

Make me think that you have perhaps all three in common to eat something, since a long time, which you're allergic and which create an inflammation/weakness here.

anart said:
Well, Louise Hay says that "Sciatica : Being hypocritical. Fear of money and of the future."

Lower back problems in general are "Fear of money. Lack of financial support."

Might be some food for thought since ya'll all are experiencing it.

I have had sciatica for about six years both left and right sided. I ended up having a disc operation to remove a bulging disc on my right side, however still have it on the left. I am a Yoga Teacher and have practised for over 15 years however this has persisted on and off for a very long time.

The above Louise Hay thoughts about it fit my situation so closely it's uncanny! My parents attitude to money is/was scary!

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback. I need to reflect further. I certainly worry about money and can definitely be a hypocrite, but no light went on for me how this might apply globally to my family. A rather strange fact I just learned is that for all three of us the damage is at disc L4 or L5. Surely, genetics is a part of it, but that it happened when we are all different ages and in different cities, even different countries, strikes me as odd.

Back
Top Bottom