"My Daddy is not garbage"

H

heiho1

I also posted this to usualsuspect.net but...in any case:

I recently read this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...0/ixworld.html

The remains of hundreds of victims of the September 11 attacks are to be permanently buried in the world's largest rubbish dump, to the consternation of their grieving relatives.
In the aftermath of 9/11, more than half a million tons of dust and ashes from the Twin Towers were taken to the sprawling Fresh Kills landfill site on Staten Island.
More than 100 years' worth of refuse from New York City had accumulated at the dump before it was finally closed just six months before the attacks. The rubble from the World Trade Center ended up covering some 48 acres.
And visited this related website:

http://www.wtcfamiliesforproperburial.com/

I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about matters 9/11 but I had no clue that this controversy was taking place.

As someone raised with certain "traditional" beliefs, I find the idea of the victims of the crimes of 9/11/2001 "spending eternity" *in a garbage dump* to be as insulting as can be imagined.

Please contact the NY legislature and bust their balls on this one...

They also have an online petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/WTCASHES/petition.html

"My Daddy is not garbage," as spoken by a child who lost her father at The World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, speaks to the heart of this issue.
Speechless with rage...

The remains of hundreds of victims of the September 11 attacks are to be permanently buried in the world's largest rubbish dump, to the consternation of their grieving relatives. In the aftermath of 9/11, more than half a million tons of dust and ashes from the Twin Towers were taken to the sprawling Fresh Kills landfill site on Staten Island.
what? surely it's not called that!?! am I missing something here? if its true than that is just sick beyond belief.

It is weird but there may be a more innocent explanation. In the New York City/Hudson River region there are a lot of place names ending with 'kill'. I believe it comes from the Dutch settlers (like Schuylkill, for example). I don't know if that's the case with Fresh Kill, maybe somebody from there can say. That said, the pathocrats must have gotten a chuckle out of that.

sleepyvinny said:
The remains of hundreds of victims of the September 11 attacks are to be permanently buried in the world's largest rubbish dump, to the consternation of their grieving relatives. In the aftermath of 9/11, more than half a million tons of dust and ashes from the Twin Towers were taken to the sprawling Fresh Kills landfill site on Staten Island.
what? surely it's not called that!?! am I missing something here? if its true than that is just sick beyond belief.

It is called Fresh Kills:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/fkl/ada/about/1_1.html

They made a mistake though because the souls of the dead cannot rest peacefully in a garbage pit and their loved ones *know* that...

Alternitavely, it supports the possibility that its entirely deliberate:

After all, Staten Island: remove the first "T"

another of those unknown uncertainties

On a practical level, I dont know how human ashes could be identified and removed from the rubble of the WTC, the real error here seems to be in mentioning it... but some kind of memorial and respectfull proceedings would be humanely appreciated, and its abscense is questionable

There was a lot made of all the evidence being destroyed but there is, according to the above article, 48 *acres* of evidence at Fresh Kills. It seems to me that the reason they have sequested the evidence in a landfill and prevented any other action being taken is that they don't want anyone picking up a few pieces of concrete or WTC scraps and taking them to a lab...

Yeah i'd have to agree, seperating human remains from the debris would be difficult, if not impossible.

Fresh Kills... that sounds like an organic meat market.

Back
Top Bottom