Moon impact dream.

Novelis

Jedi Master
I had a pretty interesting dream the other night, was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it:

Two of my friends and I are stood on the edge of a cliff, we are looking at the moon in the distance, which is hovering fully above a calm blue ocean. Suddenly, the moon slowly starts to get bigger, at this point, my mind is starting to think something might be wrong, and then the moon gets bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. The immense detail of the moons' surface scares the bejeezus out of me as we realise the moon is heading straight for Earth and is going to hit us imminently. It disappears south over the horizon and we know we are doomed, although there is a tranquil moment of calm where we still have a few moments to react to the situation before we get vaporised by the explosion. At this point, panicking, I try to find something I can hold onto, and in front of me there is a wall in a shape similar to the wall formation found on the top of English castles, I don't know the name for it, like a normal wall but with one metre-or-so gaps in-between so that archers in the past could fire from the top of castles while still having cover. Anyway, I panicked and briefly wrapped my arms around this wall before I realised how futile doing so was. I could hear my friends around me saying "This is it now; things will never be the same again from here..." They seemed calm, yet with a slight tone of excitement. In this moment of calm before the absolute chaos, I was anticipating a huge wall of fire enveloping us or something, but this never happened, instead, the Earth just silently went off it's own axis and I felt the whole Earth beneath us spinning wildly to the left, that was it, I was confused but knew that just because we haven't died immediately doesn't mean the Earth wasn't completely fudged...

I have some ideas on what it could mean, but I don't know the significance of the moon, at first I thought it could be refering to Gurdjieff's "food for the moon", but I haven't looked into that a lot, I've been reading more about Daoist concepts of what the moon signifies, so it's quite confusing, any thoughts? Anyone?

Had a similar dream a while ago which is posted here. I notice that in Anne's, mine and yours, we are all in an elevated position when witnessing this and bodies of water are involved. Hmm...

Hi, I've read the link you've provided, that's absolutely fascinating!
Reading your posts I could actually get a real sense of what was being experienced by you guys. The point I found interesting was the recurring idea of impending calamity and the sense of "Things will never be the same again".
Visually my dream was spectacular also, and there wasn't a feeling of doom like I feel on a daily basis, instead, more of a feeling that from that point on, the true nature of me was going to manifest in a frenzy of crazy external circumstances, there was a feeling of excitement and change in both me and my friends.
Could it be a premonition of the same event yet different because of a difference in perspective and role?

Anart said:
At this point, a bluish arc of what looked like a double strand of lightening reached down from the moon and hit a very large building in Charleston proper - resulting in complete destruction of the not only the building but the entire horizon - with a flattening cloud moving toward us. Nothing was left of the city at all - we could see from where we were that the city that used to be on the horizon was gone - flat - and this foggy cloud had spread out where the city was. Since dusk was settling in, the complete lack of the city really brought out how dark the night was becoming - there was no electricity, so the horizon was a deep blue.
The cataclysm is clearly happening in front of Anart here, for me, the moon went south over the horizon and the destruction didn't seem to reach me, there was a distinct sense of calm in the air, but I knew the Earth and life was gone because the Earth went out of orbit.

anart said:
Somehow (you know how dreams are) I knew that an enormous wave of water had to be heading our way, so we all began paddling in a frenzy to get out of the area and to higher ground. After paddling for a while, and making very good headway, I glanced up at this very bright light rising in the sky, which I saw as the sun, until one of my companions commented that it was spinning. Once he said that, I realized that it was actually the moon and it was spinning very rapidly. It also had a large chunk removed from its lower left area - leaving a flat indention on that part of what used to be a perfectly round sphere. The spinning of it was shocking to see (and beautiful) - and I knew at that point that nothing would ever be the same again.
As I said, Anart seems to be dealing with the problem head on whereas for me the consequences of such an event was mitigated somewhat. I'm wondering... I wanted to hold onto some structure, reach some safety, and basically find a safe place to hide (i.e. self calming). This I think was demonstrated by my actions of holding on to the wall in front of me, could this be a reluctance, a fear or denial of coming to terms fully with what was going on? My friends seemed quite prepared for it, whereas I felt slightly embarrassed for trying to hold on to something, I think perhaps the catastrophe was mitigated in my dream because I couldn't face the real situation of utter calamity, which is why I didn't do anything, whereas Anart, who I get the feeling might be more internally prepared for the situation, went into action immediately by paddling. (putting into motion the skills learned so far?)
Thanks guys, I wouldn't have thought about these possibilities if it wasn't for you!

Back
Top Bottom