Miniature vortex?

1/2Hawk

A few weeks ago, I was in our downstairs bathroom giving my three year old a bath. I witnessed a very unusual event that night and wanted to get some opinions on it. Here's what happened:

First, I was startled by a very sharp, static noise coming from the upper far corner of the room. It wasnt excessively loud, but it was definitely a full spectrum white- noise ... sort of like a TV makes when there's no channel. It wasnt necessarily frequency-less though, it sounded more like a buzz or an intentional ripping of ... well something. FFFSSSHHHiiiippp.

Anyway, as my eyes darted up to the source of the sound, my instincts jumped awake because I first thought it was a large bumblebee (and I hate bees!) flying along in a straight line. But it wasnt a bee afterall, it was a 2 inch perfectly round ... hole. I say hole because I could not adjust my eyes to determine any sort of surface to it. It was more than just a black spot, it was simply a spot devoid of any light at all. In fact, I was puzzled that I could not even focus my eyes on the edge of the circle to determine an exact size or shape. The closer I looked, the more I could tell that the pattern on the wallpaper behind this floating vortex was distorted - spiraling into the hole within a distance of about 1/2 inch around it. It looked just like a time-lapse radar view of an oncoming hurricane buzzing through space along about a 2ft line over a time span of about 4 seconds and then it winked away and fell silent.

I rubbed my eyes and didnt know what to think, and when I looked back at my daughter she was frigidly staring aghast into that same corner where seconds before she was sloshing around in the bubbles playing with some toys. I know she saw it too.

So, I should mention that our family has experienced several paranormal events in our home in the past - previous owners had a terminally ill child (meningitis in the brain) who died a protracted, painful death in our house - but in this case, I wasnt picking up on any of that type of energy whatsoever. It was definitely more of a natural phenomina, like a mini-black hole or a bit of antimatter interacting with the air, or a breakdown of my holographic projection of reality. Who knows... Anybody ever experience something like that before?

Huh, you show an eagle, fly, and you are scared of little bees?
Did you call in the 'Ghostbusters' or Dan Ankroid? ;)

I would have probably stuck my finger in the "hole"
to see what would happen.... ah... maybe not.

All kidding aside, that is one of the bizzarest story I have heard so far.

OK, off topic, but I was about six and my dad and I were backing a camper up into a campsite along a hedge in our pickup truck. He had his door open so he could hang out to look backwards... the bushes were on his side. Once we parked, he shut the door, and smashed a beehive into our cabin in the process which filled the truck with hundreds of very pissed off bees. I was up out of that seatbelt and out the window like a flash of lightning. He wound up in the hospital having been stung over around 65% of his body. Ever since, like Pavlov's dog ... I hear a buzz I run like a girl. :)

Anyways, I never thought to touch it ... it happened pretty fast and I was largely confused about what I was looking at.

1/2Hawk said:
Anyways, I never thought to touch it ... it happened pretty fast and I was largely confused about what I was looking at.
I'm sure that's for the best - I mean, isn't there some sort of 'probably shouldn't touch that' rule for anomalous sightings - or is that just downed power lines?

1/2Hawk said:
OK, off topic, but I was about six and my dad and I were backing a camper up into a campsite along a hedge in our pickup truck. He had his door open so he could hang out to look backwards... the bushes were on his side. Once we parked, he shut the door, and smashed a beehive into our cabin in the process which filled the truck with hundreds of very pissed off bees. I was up out of that seatbelt and out the window like a flash of lightning. He wound up in the hospital having been stung over around 65% of his body. Ever since, like Pavlov's dog ... I hear a buzz I run like a girl. :)

[OFF TOPIC]
No, I understand the 'confused' part perfectly and perhaps you mean, startled? :)

Ah, I was one, at 5-6 years old that ignorantly walked up
to a group of 4 large honey hives and starting sticking my fingers
into these cute little entry holes. Of course, I ran screaming with
about 65% of my body covered with bees (all I wore was shorts
on a hot day), my mom and grandma quickly got wet towels and
swatted these zillions of bees away from my body.

That was many years ago, and even today I learned to treat these
hives with great respect but I have no fear a couple of bees trying
to grab my food from my plates and simply brush them aside as
minor annoyances. Perhaps this is the 'conditioning' I needed to
control my fears and hopefully can be put to the same use as to
controling my fears when I see three ships of 12 million nephilms
coming after me.... hmmmm.... dunno. We'll see....

dant said:
[Ah, I was one, at 5-6 years old that ignorantly walked up
to a group of 4 large honey hives and starting sticking my fingers
into these cute little entry holes. ..
and just before you said this:

dant said:
Huh, you show an eagle, fly, and you are scared of little bees?
Did you call in the 'Ghostbusters' or Dan Ankroid? ;)

I would have probably stuck my finger in the "hole"
to see what would happen.... ah... maybe not.
I know you were kidding but I just couldnt resist,

btw I did the same thing when 5 years old, and it wasnt bees nest, it was hornets

everysince I am very careful where sticking my fingers :)

Back
Top Bottom