Meditation and snapping out of it.

agni

Dagobah Resident
When I meditate, and "warming" up my chakras, quite often, when I reach heart chakra, I experience something what I can describe as "free fall".
It almost feels I "fly/fall" into something unmeasurable with undescribable speed. It kind of freaks me out little bit, as I fear I am going to completely "disconnect" and won't be able to go back, and at this point my mind snaps me "back" basically throwing me out of meditation.

What is it ? Does anyone have any suggestions what this is might be ?

from my experience of buddhist breathing mediation it sounds like fear of experiencing sensations that are unfamilar to you.... stepping into the unknown. Try to relax and enjoy the flight. you will 'come back' and you will come back stronger having conquered your fear.

Falling in my experience is a indication of going into a trance like state. In practising out of body experiences (OBE's) you must first go into a trace before projecting.
Just go with it, nothing bad will happen to you and once you're in the trance state you will most likely enjoy it :)

Thank you guys. It sure was worth overcoming my fear :)

What do you guys think, is it dangerous to fall asleep while meditating ? For some reason my guts tell me it's not very "safe" to do so...

agni said:

What do you guys think, is it dangerous to fall asleep while meditating ? For some reason my guts tell me it's not very "safe" to do so...
I always thought that meditation required stronger than usual thought control as well as conscious concentration. Maybe you are not meditating in this way, but doing something else?

agni said:
Thank you guys. It sure was worth overcoming my fear

if you're floating in water to meditate then yes it is dangerous. otherwise no. but you don't seem to have overcome your fear, just displaced it. do you know why that is? or what it is you are really afraid of?

agni said:

I've known people who say that they do 'nap' while/after meditating - but, just a thought that if your 'guts' tell you something is not safe, then perhaps you should, at the very least, hold off until you can determine whether your 'guts' are accurate or not - in general, at least.

I guess I am afraid of being "influenced" by "bad guys" ?

For some reason I have thoughts that I would be volnurable, aka in "open state", if my meditation transforms into sleep.

agni said:
I guess I am afraid of being "influenced" by "bad guys" ?
I know this fear. It's up to us to discern where our influences are coming from. The more one studies the books suggested on this forum, and the cass material, the more knowledge one gains, and it lessens this type of fear to an extent. Knowledge of how our machine operates is important.

You should have a read of Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. He explains meditation, trance, 'bad guys', OBE's and lots of other cool stuff in there. Great book.
http://www.amazon.com/Astral-Dynamics-Out-Body-Experiences/dp/1571741437

What is all these with "out of body experiences" that has everyone "drooling" over? I don't get it! Have we people EVER BEEN INSIDE OUR BODIES before we begin to "get out" of it?

I just read the review on amazon on the book you promoted micko:

Amazon.com
Don't you love it when you pick up a book that immediately explains experiences you've had but had no explanation for when they occurred? This doesn't happen often, but it might with Astral Dynamics, Robert Bruce's straightforward how-to manual on astral projection. Perhaps you've had a spontaneous out-of-body experiences and didn't know it! This extensive tome teaches you everything you need to know to accomplish successful, planned out-of-body travel; how to exit the body, how to get around on the astral plane, and how to get back in with solid, provable memories of the event. Bruce writes very clearly and uses down-to-earth terminology so that you learn not only how to create a "real-time double" to astrally project but also about the physics of the nonphysical world. Out-of-body experiences can be so confusing that enjoying them or employing them usefully can be a serious challenge. Fortunately, Bruce now brings his 25 years of interdimensional experience to the aid of astral explorers the world over, and everywhere else too. --P. Randall Cohan

Michael Peter Langevin Magical Blend--#68
This is a basic book on Astral traveling. Robert has refined his teaching of out-of-body experiences by helping people learn over the web for almost a decade. The book is original and the material is thought provoking. What I liked was that Robert stated how easy it is for anyone to soul travel and remember it. I have had personal experiences with out-of-body experiences but personally felt they were something that rarely happen for me. So I have been reading this book each night before I go to sleep and practicing the exercises. Last night I flew out of my bedroom, around my farm, and to the tops of my neighbors tall poplar trees. The colors were beyond the normal spectrum of intensity and it was night time. I then crashed into a tree and instantly jumped up in bed with the vivid memory. I believe this book is revolutionary. I think the techniques of seeing smoke rings raise up your body, relaxing it, and the image of pulling your inner body out with a spirit rope as you fall asleep are effective techniques.
Check out the second guy who talks about "soul travel" but then he "crashed into a tree"... That's a pretty dense soul you got there buddy! Tsk, tsk...

What’s up with “out of body experience" ? I am interested in reaching other part of myself, my higher consciousness through meditation. This is my primary reason for doing it (at least for now).

But yeah, “soul" crashing into tree… that’s something

This "out of body experiences" talks remind me of what Gurdjieff said regarding Kundalini:

"In so-called 'occult' literature you have probably met with the expression 'Kundalini,' 'the fire of Kundalini,' or the 'serpent of Kundalini.' This expression is often used to designate some kind of strange force which is present in man and which can be awakened. But none of the known theories gives the right explanation of the force of Kundalini. Sometimes it is connected with sex, with sex energy, that is with the idea of the possibility of using sex energy for other purposes. This latter is entirely wrong because Kundalini can be in anything. And above all, Kundalini is not anything desirable or useful for man's development. It is very curious how these occultists have got hold of the word from somewhere but have completely altered its meaning and from a very dangerous and terrible thing have made something to be hoped for and to be awaited as some blessing.

"In reality Kundalini is the power of imagination, the power of fantasy, which takes the place of a real function. When a man dreams instead of acting, when his dreams take the place of reality, when a man imagines himself to be an eagle, a lion, or a magician, it is the force of Kundalini acting in him. Kundalini can act in all centers and with its help all the centers can be satisfied with the imaginary instead of the real. A sheep which considers itself a lion or a magician lives under the power of Kundalini.

"Kundalini is a force put into men in order to keep them in their present state. If men could really see their true position and could understand all the horror of it, they would be unable to remain where they are even for one second. They would begin to seek a way out and they would quickly find it, because there is a way out; but men fail to see it simply because they are hypnotized. Kundalini is the force that keeps them in a hypnotic state. 'To awaken' for man means to be 'dehypnotized.'
In this lies the chief difficulty and in this also lies the guarantee of its possibility, for there is no organic reason for sleep and man can awaken.

"Theoretically he can, but practically it is almost impossible because as soon as a man awakens for a moment and opens his eyes, all the forces that caused him to fall asleep begin to act upon him with tenfold energy and he immediately falls asleep again, very often dreaming that he is awake or is awakening.

"There are certain states in ordinary sleep in which a man wants to awaken but cannot. He tells himself that he is awake but, in reality, he continues to sleep-and this can happen several times before he finally awakes. But in ordinary sleep, once he is awake, he is in a different state; in hypnotic sleep the case is otherwise; there are no objective characteristics, at any rate not at the beginning of awakening; a man cannot pinch himself in order to make sure that he is not asleep. And if, which God forbid, a man has heard anything about objective characteristics, Kundalini at once transforms it all into imagination and dreams.
The obvious thing that arises from that guy's description of out of body experience, where his "soul" crashed on a tree, is that he was imagining he was having an out of body "experience", he was swimming in the realm of imagination.

Now, i assume and hope, that people who visit this forum, are people dedicated to find the Truth and not ones sinking deeper into imagination and dreaming, people who will do what it takes - and it takes a LOT - to awaken, not run after "experiences".

I have very mixed feelings about "astral travel" things. I personally think there are certain dangers out there, and I do believe many people should not stick their nose just because. I personally used to know a person who basically got influenced negatively to a great deal through such experiences to the point where person went completely insane. Person was talking about Orion and grays non stop , and how they need him more there, then we need him here… and blah blah blah… (it did not ring a bell to me at time, since I had no idea about all this). Eventually person literally stopped being himself, and eventually committed a suicide.

However, not everyone has a convenience to choose to “astral travel" or not. Some, including myself, seem to have an ability do it “involuntarily" . However, for me “astral travel" and “flying aspect of it" is not my objective. It took me a while to learn (and I am still learning) how to filter astral noise in order to get something useful out of it.

But I think I hear you… Sometimes I want to pull my own hair out when some talk how they want to experience astral travel thing and how cool it would be.

So, yeah… If anyone wants to astral travel, think twice or more. Think about your motives. If I give you controls for helicopter in the air, I am sure you will be able to do some movements and seem to be controlling it, but I highly doubt if you will be able to fly and land this thing safely.

Here is a little bit from "Gnosis II" written by Boris Mouravieff. In the following, SI loosely corresponds to the "astral planes".

"IN esoteric work the phenomenalist mentality seeks facts. (It looks) for manifestations that confirm that its work is well founded, or which simply
satisfy its curiosity. This is where the above-mentioned scandals and the greatest dangers lie. For it is often possible to obtain the desired 'facts'
quite easily from the domain of SI, to which the human Personality also belongs. When it is solidly anchored in the physical body it is generally
incapable of making direct connection with this level. However certain persons, known as sensitives, have the innate or acquired faculty of momentarily weakening the ties of the Personality to the physical body so that, with no esoteric evolution whatever, they are able to connect with
this level - with the coarsest layers of SI. "Facts" obtained in this way are often regarded by people who seek them as coming from the spiritual level, or at least from the fine layers of level (realm above astral symbol wouldn't copy) which express the will of the Absolute II, because this is in direct contact with Him and is filled by His Love. The realm of (symbol wouldn't copy) is that of Individualities, Saints and entities of that order, charged with missions on different levels. By contrast, the realm of level SI (astral) is a vast reservoir of psychic (psychique) entities that have no contact with the higher plane, including amongst them disincarnate Personalities, who normally remain there to await their second death--the negative equivalent of the second birth.
This usually occurs on the fortieth day after death of the physical body.
Orthodox Tradtion expressly warns seekers against contacts with this realm whch is so dangerous and full of the worst illusions. In monastic
esoteric practice, special prayers are said to ward off influences of this kind, particularly those visions that so often result from researches into certain teachings, even if well intentioned. These prayers art meant to avoid a fall ihto a mystical trap which manifests in the following way.
This often happens that entities belonging to the SI domain seek contact with humans - more particularly with those who wish to establish a
contact with the beyond. The aim of these entities is to interfere in terrestrial life; to draw on vitality and so gratify unsatisfied desires that they
have carried beyond their physical life."

So you can see the dangers of "dabbling", even if well-intentioned, in these types of things.

For what it is worth, "experiences" were the only reason I got into the Occult originally before I found the C's and the SOTT.

Experiences I DID have, but when looking back on it, I gained nothing and am not sure yet of all that I lost. I think people should heed this warning well, at least from my experience.

Don

Back
Top Bottom