Maybe we don't have to pay for movies after all?

• Thread starter seekingObjectivity
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seekingObjectivity

The following is a website that one of my friends told me about that is attempting to catalog all of the cartoons, TV shows, documentaries, movies, anime, and music videos made in the U.S.:

http://*************/4.

They have Evan Almighty, Sicko and other newly released films and you can watch it for free! I'm sure this won't last long but I thought I'd let you all know about it.

so, this is a pirate video download site, right? so, illegal. yes?

have you read the forum rules?

or been following ANY of the discussions regarding attempts to associate SOTT with illegal activites?
such as this one: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6366

do you WANT signs-of-the-times to be permanently shutdown?

WOW.

That's so cool, NOT. Dude, seriously, where is your head at with this one. What they are doing is directly in violation with the DMCA, which you can read online. Just by posting it here you are linking us with that kind of activity.

The reason it won't last long is because it's illegal, the only other alternative to it being flat out illegal, is a honey pot, i.e. a trap for people stupid enough to dl from them. In today's day and age with fixed ip's from high bandwidth providers, your ip address is practically like your fingerprint.

It only costs like 3-4 bucks to rent a movie from a store, come on, that's not breaking the bank, and if you can't afford to buy a movie or rent, then guess what, don't watch movies.

We can make all kinds of arguments against DMCA, and against DRM etc and so forth but that doesn't change that the law NOW, as of this writing Saturday July 7th 2007, clearly prohibits downloading and or distributing copyrighted content of any kind without consent and license, it also prohibits the support, and encouragement, either in word, or deed (i.e. posting links) to said content.

Sorry to beat this into you, but dude, reconnect your brain and your hands.

VERY VERY VERY SORRY. Sometimes I don't think enough about something before I post. Yes very dumb indeed.

Knowledge protects...remember.

And as you have seen, lack of knowledge not only endangers you, but endangers everyone around you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom