Mapping meteors through time using Google Earth......

I've been having this thought for a little while now but have yet to put it into action. I was thinking of analyzing those articles associated with meteors/fireballs/sonic booms etc and begin mapping them using Google Earth. Each point on the map would have both geographical coordinates as well as a time coordinate with a link to the associated article from which such information had been derived. It is my thought that a visual representation of the meteor/fireball data (articles) mapped onto such a 4D format would have a greater impact than the articles alone. However, I must confess that I know very little about Google Earth's features and am not even sure that would I have proposed is possible. I was hoping someone here may know how I may begin to map the data in such a way? Thank you in advance.

[edit: If ye thinks such an investment of energy is unwise, I'd appreciate your reasoning. I've been ensnared by the trap of good intentions before and would like to avoid them whenever possible.]

Back
Top Bottom