M.M.S. Miracle Mineral Solution and Jim Humble

I wonder if it would be worthwhile writing a detailed letter to both Mike Adams and Joseph Mercola about MMS and see if they would be interested in posting some of this information on their respective websites warning people about this snake oil?

Aragorn said:
I can only agree with others, this move to insert Humble at the conference was annoying to say the least!

All this got me reading this whole thread from the start. This post by Rabelais was right on the money I would say. :)

Rabelais said:
Having investigated MMS, a few years ago, when it became the darling panacea cure-all of the internet, I found no, none, zero credible science to back any of Humble's somewhat extravagant claims.

As an enthusiastic proponent for nano-catalytic silver hydrosols, which already accomplish everything that Humble claims MMS will, but has reams of credible, independent science supporting its safety, non-toxicity and efficacy, I was astonished to find my inbox clogged with inquiries about MMS, from people who should know better.

MMS may do what Humble claims that it does, but until I see some safety studies and clinical research, I grudgingly have to concede that this is probably one example where the quackbusters may have it right. Chlorine, in any form, is best not put into our bodies.

For those in this thread who commented on their dental/gum problems responding to MMS, I would suggest trying a teaspoon full of pure elemental nano-silver sol as a post brushing mouthwash, gargle and swallow. It will eliminate pathogenic bacteria in the mouth. Gum problems will clear in a few days and bad breath, cankers, as well as dental carries will become a thing of the past.

This brand of silver was also EPA approved for sterilization of dental clinic water lines (one of four EPA approvals to date). That is the dentist's water that you rinse your mouth with during and after oral procedures. This approval was not issued without verification of the volumes of safety studies which were included in the original application.

This product is made by American Biotech Labs (ABL). It is sold by numerous private label concerns under a variety of brand names and multi-level marketing programs, but ASAP and Silver Biotics are the original ABL brandings. Silver Biotics is the label intended for brick and mortar retail, and can be found in vitamin and health food stores everywhere. Our website educates about and distributes the original ASAP branding. Our compilation of summaries of the numerous safety studies can be found here: _http://www.lifesilver.com/safety.htm

Until Humble, et al, can produce any credible, independent research, aside from anecdotal stories, to support their MMS claims, I remain open, but somewhat skeptical about both the safety and efficacy of their creation. The fact that MMS has been available for a few years now, and has yet to attract the interest of the legitimate medical research community does not bode well. It would certainly be reassuring to see some corroboration of Humble's claims coming from somewhere other than sources with a vested financial interest, which is all I have been able to find to date.

Yes, Rabelais, I wanted to say thanks for trying to warn everyone about this earlier in the thread. In hindsight, I wish I would have listened and never tried MMS in the first place. I still received a very good lesson, and hopefully not permanent damage to my digestive tract!

Wow, this is a troubling development. I and several members of my family have taken MMS a few times with great success. I've taken it twice and it completely knocked out a bad cold in about 8-10 hours. Other family members take 2 drops off and on for bad sinus issues and it clears them up in 30 minutes.

Just when I thought I had shared something good, while resisting "pushing" anything on them :(

Great early catch on this! I'll have to do some re-thinking.

Thing is, it probably works if you have a bug and just need to kill it. Bleach kills all kinds of bugs pretty quickly and efficiently! And if your system is pretty strong, you can get away with drinking a less-than-lethal dose of poison. But if you are taking it over a period of time, as Humble suggests, for a chronic condition, or if your system is already compromised for some reason, then you could very easily die.

Laura said:
Thing is, it probably works if you have a bug and just need to kill it. Bleach kills all kinds of bugs pretty quickly and efficiently! And if your system is pretty strong, you can get away with drinking a less-than-lethal dose of poison. But if you are taking it over a period of time, as Humble suggests, for a chronic condition, or if your system is already compromised for some reason, then you could very easily die.

Thanks Laura. :) That makes perfect sense to me and in any case I never heard of MMS till this topic started. I did do some research quite sometime back on MSM and even now I am not convinced enough to try it.

I was not aware of what Laura's daughter had gone through during Christmas 2008 :O.
You can read it here http://www.sott.net/articles/show/207531-Snake-Oil-Humbles-Nexus-Conference in Laura comment.
I hope she have fully recovered now.

Well I ordered some MMS over the internet in October of last year, but for some reason kept putting off actually taking any. Fast-forward six months, and I nearly decided to finally try some, but then I read SOTT just now and the associated horror stories of MMS. So I am *so glad* I did not end up taking the stuff and I will be disposing of it promptly. Sure, I wasted $20 or $30, but that could have been a very small price to pay compared to the price of swallowing the MMS.

Shijing said:
Yes, Rabelais, I wanted to say thanks for trying to warn everyone about this earlier in the thread. In hindsight, I wish I would have listened and never tried MMS in the first place. I still received a very good lesson, and hopefully not permanent damage to my digestive tract!

You are very welcome. It was an unpopular position at the time, but it had to be said.

Shijing said:

Same goes form me. Jeeeez, how easy I fell for this one! I did try to heal my strep throat and simultaneous sinus inflammation last autumn. It was really bad. And I was little bit discouraged wit CS (ASAP) because it looked like it didn't work. It was move of desperate men in pain. Eventually it did not work either and I was left with last thing available, antibiotics. My two bottles are allready in trashcan. Whata lesson. :-[

Guys, I removed all photoshopped images related to Jim Humble and the discussions surrounding them from this thread. After some discussion by the moderators, we decided not to keep up the images. We don't want to stoop down to the levels that others have. We should all calm down and then think about where our energies would be best put in this situation.

I agree.

Apologies, for the misdirected energies on my part. :-[
All photo-files are removed from my end.

Dan

dant said:
I agree.

Apologies, for the misdirected energies on my part. :-[
All photo-files are removed from my end.

Dan

Agreed and likewise!
embarrassed.gif

Regulattor said:
Same goes form me. Jeeeez, how easy I fell for this one! I did try to heal my strep throat and simultaneous sinus inflammation last autumn. It was really bad. And I was little bit discouraged wit CS (ASAP) because it looked like it didn't work. It was move of desperate men in pain. Eventually it did not work either and I was left with last thing available, antibiotics. My two bottles are allready in trashcan. Whata lesson. :-[

ASAP is primarily used in my house to prevent infection. Once a pathogenic organism sets up shop in your body, there is always a time factor involved in removing it and any toxins that it may have generated. ASAP 10ppm should have noticeably shortened your down time, OR your inflammation was possibly not the result of a pathogenic organism. It could have been an allergic reaction, chronic whole body inflammation (which I had), or any of a variety of symptom producing circumstances.

It has taken almost 7 months of no dairy, no gluten or soy to begin to reduce my inflammation, which I wasn't even aware that I had until the Cs told me. The symptoms were all over the place; post nasal drip, weird skin rashes, esophageal problems. The EE has really made a difference, also. The symptoms are receeding in my rearview mirror.

The silver sols from ABL are not "miracle cures". They kill or neutralize the causal factors of infection. They do this quite well, without toxicity, or harm to probiotics. Once the invaders are vanquished, the immune system makes you well, unless it is compromised in some other way. There are some conditions that the sols will have no effect on whatsoever, but they are most likely not the result of microbial infection.

"First, do no harm."

Are you currently committed to the detox diet and doing the EE breathing exercises and meditation?

Ellipse said:
I was not aware of what Laura's daughter had gone through during Christmas 2008 :O.
You can read it here http://www.sott.net/articles/show/207531-Snake-Oil-Humbles-Nexus-Conference in Laura comment.
I hope she have fully recovered now.

I'm also sorry to hear this. Sounds like it was really a close call, thank Divine Cosmic Mind that she pulled through and that this holistic doctor made the right diagnosis!

Edit: deleted irrelevant question.

I never took MMS. One reason was knowing the active ingredient.
I knew one group member who was very ill that took it and said to have improved. Months later the same illness returned in a more aggressive way and I told him I suspected MMS may have had a role. He later said he found out he did not follow the MMS protocol correctly and did it again with good results. At the time my view was well people react differently but no way was I going to drink what is essentially bleach.

My distrust increased after reading a journal article where reduced numbers of dendritic spines (location of synapses) was associated with orally administered chlorine dioxide in the developing mouse brain. Keep in mind that it is not just in development that dendritic spines change in general. Changes are also on going throughout life. It can be increased via experience/learning or reduced via stress, exposure to toxic chemicals or any number of ways. So I see MMS as a toxin. Even though the authors of the paper did not say MMS caused the reduced spines and that every other measure was normal, why would we want to take chemicals associated reduced synapes?

I will post a link when I find the article again.

brainwave

Back
Top Bottom