Lot's escape from Sodom and Gomorra

aurora

Jedi Master
http:(xx)www(d)arkdiscovery(d)com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

In the above link, it says :"The five cities of the plain have been located and the evidence is staggering. For the first time in modern history we have found round balls of brimstone, or nearly pure sulfur, embedded in an ashen area near the Dead Sea, which show clear signs of having once been ancient building structures!"

Anyway what is bothering me is the incest that Lot had with his own daughters after he escaped the catastrophe. How can something like this be written in a supposedly holy book. It was written after moses and they had to include something like this ? The only explanation that comes to my mind is the legitimization of the act, which is horrible.

I will be covering this episode in "The Horns of Moses," so hang on.

The explanation given by Mrs. Muazzez Ilmiye Cig (a turkish sumerologue who is researching the tablets since 1941 -74.000 tablets in 33 yrs) is this: These were taken from Ugarit and Canaan myths. The Canaan God El creates two women, these are his daughters at the same time and it goes like this: El's stick is down (stick refers to penis) Then he shoots a bird and cooks it (apparently an aphrodisiac) Then he goes to bed with the women. Then the women give birth to dawn and sunset (maybe day and night). Also the sumerian God Enki also first goes to bed with earth goddess Ninhursag then with the daughter they beget, then with the granddaughter he begets with his daughter. Really weird stuff it might be symbolic of something else. Now I am reading her book named "Fertility Cult and the temple whores". She has 15 books. Next I plan to read " Hittites Hattusha from Ishtar's pen"

aurora said:
http:(xx)www(d)arkdiscovery(d)com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

In the above link, it says :"The five cities of the plain have been located and the evidence is staggering. For the first time in modern history we have found round balls of brimstone, or nearly pure sulfur, embedded in an ashen area near the Dead Sea, which show clear signs of having once been ancient building structures!"

Anyway what is bothering me is the incest that Lot had with his own daughters after he escaped the catastrophe. How can something like this be written in a supposedly holy book. It was written after moses and they had to include something like this ? The only explanation that comes to my mind is the legitimization of the act, which is horrible.
There was a program on tv a couple of years ago where they traced s & g to near the Dead Sea. They did a dive within the sea but were limited to how far across the sea they could go by the Israeli govt. They were hoping to get further dive permission but with the escalation of events in the area, their expectations were low.

The "ancient building structures" shown on the link look like natural geological strata. Interesting formations developed as a result of hard layers protecting soft ones below. Once the side is exposed, the whole thing is easily eroded with the stronger layers standing further out. I have seen similar formations in Sinai. The whole thing looks perfectly natural to someone with a little geological knowledge including the "glass or crystals".

Back
Top Bottom