Living without the appendix

Hi,

thank you all for your further feedback! You are right about further check-ups. In hindsight my question seems even somewhat foolish to me. Because it is better to rule issues out, instead of leaving them undetected until the pain might come back - as things might be even more serious by then.

Puzzle said:
Once you know the results, you can go from there.

You are right - I will at least have certainty and gain a better idea, in which direction to go and how to adapt myself to necessary changes like the ones regarding diet.

Hildegarda said:
Gallbladder ultrasound is done over the abdomen. For gynecological issues, a trans-vaginal ultrasound seems to be what the physicians now prefer. So, those are two different tests, 20 min or so each, and painless.

Thanks, Hildegarda. I will ask my physician about gallbladder sonography and what further checks might be needed. Gynecological issues have fortunately been ruled out already via examinations and according ultrasound in context of the whole clinical procedure last Tuesday.

Gawan said:
Are you doing EE also regularly?

If you mean the whole program including the BaHa-part, I have to admit that this is not the case. :-[
BaHa and Warrior's Breathing are not done currently. But I do the POTS every night at least one to three rounds, except when I am too tired. Often I fall asleep during the first round. On most nights before POTS I do a round of at least six to twelve Pipe Breaths. Well, my ideal would be to do the whole program including BaHa twice a week, as recommended - but I guess, including BaHa would not be wise until implementing the dietary changes.
Would it be okay, for the while being, to continue with the protcol I am currently following (but adding the full Three-Stage-Breathing and Warrior's Breath on Mondays and Thursdays)?

Well, however, there are probably some more implications why I am not following the whole EE protocol at the moment. They mainly might have to do with organisation and PM's actions. Therefore, I think I should include EE and organisation etc. in that Swamp post mentioned above as well. Especially as EE seems to go best with dietary changes, as observed by many members of the forum here (from my perspective).

SeekinTruth said:
If you do a search on the forum, there's great information on thyroid dysfunction, gallbladder issues, etc. Especially in the "Life Without Bread" and "Dr. Jack Kruse - Neurosurgeon" threads. There are posts about Leptin Reset protocol for Leptin Resistance by Dr. Kruse (with links to the original source) in those threads which is related to thyroid and other issues. [...]

Thank you for providing these posts, SeekinTruth. I did already have a look on the first one, in the Jack Kruse thread, and found the info quite interesting, that dominance of mirror-T3 or reverse-T3 can often be mistaken as substantial thyroid issues, where conventional supplementation of T4 (and other hormones) is given by the physicians. I also found it interesting, that further factors like adrenal fatigue could be involved as well. I will research the according material on the forum and elsewhere. Well, I then have to present my physician or endicronologist with that material and ask for further tests besides conventional ones of T3, T4 and TSH. I just hope, it would not become too confrontational, as many physicians here in my country do not take information from the internet quite serious (from my experience and theobservations of others).

I also have started to read the info Laura has provided about leptin resistance.

SeekinTruth said:
But you should eventually read those and other threads in the Diet and Health section in their entirety. And again use the search function to find all related discussions/posts. Good luck and keep networking as needed. :)

Thanks, I will do so. I have tried to "print" the actual version of the "Life Without Bread" thread, in order to convert it into document form, to be able to mark important passages. But that didn't work. Maybe it is because the thread is quite large by now... Fortunately I have an earlier version of it "printed", so probably I will then just need to copy and paste the remaining content.

Thank you again, everyone. I will keep you updated. :)

Learner said:
Gawan said:
Are you doing EE also regularly?

If you mean the whole program including the BaHa-part, I have to admit that this is not the case. :-[
BaHa and Warrior's Breathing are not done currently. But I do the POTS every night at least one to three rounds, except when I am too tired. Often I fall asleep during the first round. On most nights before POTS I do a round of at least six to twelve Pipe Breaths. Well, my ideal would be to do the whole program including BaHa twice a week, as recommended - but I guess, including BaHa would not be wise until implementing the dietary changes.
Would it be okay, for the while being, to continue with the protcol I am currently following (but adding the full Three-Stage-Breathing and Warrior's Breath on Mondays and Thursdays)?

Well, however, there are probably some more implications why I am not following the whole EE protocol at the moment. They mainly might have to do with organisation and PM's actions. Therefore, I think I should include EE and organisation etc. in that Swamp post mentioned above as well. Especially as EE seems to go best with dietary changes, as observed by many members of the forum here (from my perspective).

Yes and no ;). It certainly helps to process things further when the diet is adjusted properly, but is not an exclusive factor that you need to have first adjusted your diet before doing the beatha part. Because many EE practitioners (who are not part of this forum) are first learning about diet changes at a course for example. Take it easy, eventually give it a try including beatha and as you wrote maximum two times in a week and if you feel uncomfortable continue with normal breathing and or extend this part on one time per week or every two weeks and so on.

Gawan said:
It certainly helps to process things further when the diet is adjusted properly, but is not an exclusive factor that you need to have first adjusted your diet before doing the beatha part. Because many EE practitioners (who are not part of this forum) are first learning about diet changes at a course for example. Take it easy, eventually give it a try including beatha and as you wrote maximum two times in a week and if you feel uncomfortable continue with normal breathing and or extend this part on one time per week or every two weeks and so on.

Hi Gawan, thanks for your feedback!
Maybe I just have to test out, which frequency regarding BaHa works best for me. When I started with EE first, I had not known about such things as dietary changes yet and went well with doing BaHa once or all two weeks. Therefore I think, I will try BaHa once every week or at least all two weeks, if I can't manage the former option. Depending on the outcome I might see further...

A short update:

My pain has vanished fully in the course of last week, but I will do further checks though. And the thyroid issue also needs to be addressed - but one thing at its time.
I am also going to contact the natural health practicioner I mentioned before by next week and see, what might come up.

This week didn't leave me much space energetically, as there was quite a big blow in my face on Tuesday (- just one week after the appendix issue) - one on the emotional plane this time. I am composing a post for the Swamp regarding this. I had wanted to network about issues and insecurities regarding diet changes originally, but I think, it is better to finish reading the thread "Life Without Bread" before doing so and to now address that emotional blow instead.
I have already planned doing some more full EE sessions for the next two to three weeks than originally stated here - I started that protocol with the first full one yesterday since several months. It helped me quite much to get myself through the day.

Thanks for the update, Learner. Glad the pain has vanished. And also glad the EE helped get through the day yesterday. Now might be a good time to look into things further and continue taking charge of the different issues and Working on them. And when your ready, make that Swamp post so you can get more feedback. Networking really works. Good luck. :)

Hi comrades,
I know that any surgical interference is bad for you, according to Cs, but my condition, as doctors say, was demanding that my appendix be removed the evening I got to the hospital. It was phlegmonic type. The pain was difficult to bear, pills not working (I do not usually take them). Was doing EE but I did not get a relief.
Now I am wondering what could have caused it. I am on keto/paleo for almost two years. Main accent is on fatty dishes (pork, belorussian tasty lard :) , less beef), eggs, mushrooms, wild rice, buckwheat, all kinds of wild berries etc.
I also read that overcooling could be the reason- the day before I was having a cold bath at 12 C for 12 minutes (applying cold protocol for almost 2 months).
Also interested what constrictions I am obliged to follow from now on. Some say dieting that contradict the ketosis should be applied for 1-2 months. That is bothering me. Would be grateful for your help!

Also my daily ration include hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds (all fresh, not burnt)....the day before pain also ate some pine nuts. My breakfast usually contains meat bouillon, eggs (boiled, fried)...slices of lard, dose of fresh cranberries...

Antony said:
Also my daily ration include hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds (all fresh, not burnt)....the day before pain also ate some pine nuts. My breakfast usually contains meat bouillon, eggs (boiled, fried)...slices of lard, dose of fresh cranberries...

I think one of the triggers for appendicitis is nuts. When you don't chew them very finely, the little pieces can get stuck there and cause inflammation. I once ate a lot of nuts in a binge a few years and and had bad abdominal pains at the lower right area. Luckily it eased over a few hours, but it got hard to bear after a while.

I've since then taken it easy on nuts and make sure to chew them well. If I don't, I notice those similar pains. I don't really eat them much these days though on the keto diet.

3D Student,
Thanks for giving an idea about nuts. When i was reading about paleo diet, in two places I found the recommendation that nuts should be avoided (but in the rest of resources- it was fine with them). Then I read the articles about each particular nut-in short they are very good for thy health and were used from prehistoric times.
I also wonder if the "crisis" could have been triggered by taking a cold bath? (In my type of appendicitis-it says overcooling could be the case).

An interesting article about the appendix!

It turns out that the appendix appears to have two related functions. The first function is supporting the immune system. The appendix has a high concentration of immune tissue, so it's acting to help the immune system fight any bad things in the gut.

The second function that it serves is what we refer to as the safe house. So this was a hypothesis that was put forward by a team from Duke University in 2007. And they argued that the appendix may serve as a safe reservoir for the beneficial gut bacteria that we have.

Back
Top Bottom