Laura, C's and the Economy

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member

Q: (L) Enough. The other day I experienced one of those extended pre-sleep states, and it seemed that I was in a class and there was someone explaining things to me. What they were telling me was that during this Christmas season, certain steps would be taken by those controlling the economy, and that after Christmas, in January and February, a whole lot of stuff was going to be put into motion to send the economy into a dive of major proportions. It was not clear that it was THIS year, but that it was right after Christmas. Can you tell me where this information was coming from, and what was I experiencing?

A: This is a long and complicated subject, but we will do our best to explain it. What you were seeing was one possible future. The economy of our 3rd density world is entirely manufactured. The forces that control it are both 3rd density and 4th density. There are conflicting opinions in the 3rd density sector right now as to when, where, and how to institute an economic depression. This has been "in the works" for quite some "time" as you measure it. So far, the forces arguing against institution of a collapse have prevailed. How long this condition will be maintained is open to many outcomes. Also, please be aware that the state of the economy is entirely an illusion. In other words, the world economy performs solely based upon what the population is told to believe.

Wordless.

Just after Christmas, eh? Well, if your objective is to make it as bad as possible, hit the proles in midwinter, when they have to worry about heating their homes, and homelessness is potentially lethal. It helps if they've just run up their credit cards buying cheap consumer goods to shower on friends and family, rather than the essentials they might need to actually survive the collapse. The Christmas season is also an excellent distraction; even those inclined to pay attention, are silenced by everyone around them. How dare they violate the cheery Christmas spirit with their dour warnings?

Well, I live out in the forest, in a big well-insulated home with a couple of fireplaces and lots of trees. My parents had an organic farm on our property before it was cool, and we can have one again, very easily. We're on well water, too, which is nice. And the local town can be reached by the waterways; in the winter, we've got skis. That's not to say I'm not worried - my inner state could best be described as somewhere between anxious and terrified. But here, it'll just be rough. In the cities....

Ah well. We can't stop it coming, but at least we can see it. When it hits, we'll be past the gibbering terror stage, and with some luck and a bit of grace, we'll be able to survive.

To me it looks like they did that this year, starting in January. The textile factories in the area as well as other manufacturing has hit this area quite hard. Most people don't act like they notice anything until it affects them, or until the TV says it is so.LOL

I don't know about that. As bad as it's been for some people, that seems like the trailer before the main feature, y'know?

The cold would be the least of our worries in the cities, what with the mass looting and people acting like animals. :cry:

Maybe it was just because as a child christmas had that 'magic' factor or whatever, but I remember the atmosphere being so different than what it has been these recent years. And especially this year it's much more apparent.

tahmores said:
The cold would be the least of our worries in the cities, what with the mass looting and people acting like animals.

Well "...mass looting and people acting like animals" didn't happen in New York City after 911. People pulled together.

IMO we will not see "mass looting and people acting like animals" until thirst and hunger really set in. Hunger and thirst were not really part of the what happened with 9/11.

My Dad, the old rancher, and I had a discussion about this very thing last weekend. He said: "There's no fence that a cow can't get through if they're really hungry. Unless it's a stockade pen."

Kel said:
IMO we will not see "mass looting and people acting like animals" until thirst and hunger really set in....

I dunno. Fear is a powerful emotion that makes people do crazy things....

IMO we will not see "mass looting and people acting like animals" until thirst and hunger really set in.

I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to witness Hurricane Katrina and it's aftermath first hand. It did not take long for people to start acting like animals. It took two days because there was no electricity, no telephones, no internet, no water, no stores, no nothing until relief arrived. Those who evacuated returned to what was left of their homes only to be stuck because of the lack of infrastructure and fuel. Desperation and panic did not take long to set in. Those in New Orleans had it much worse having to fend off looters and worry about being shot by the police.

Michael said:
I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to witness Hurricane Katrina and it's aftermath first hand. It did not take long for people to start acting like animals. It took two days because there was no electricity, no telephones, no internet, no water, no stores, no nothing until relief arrived. Those who evacuated returned to what was left of their homes only to be stuck because of the lack of infrastructure and fuel. Desperation and panic did not take long to set in. Those in New Orleans had it much worse having to fend off looters and worry about being shot by the police.

You're right. There really is a difference between 911 and Katrina. The infrastructure was mostly left intact after 911 which helped to stabilize the situation after the initial shock and grief. People could organize, volunteer, and channel their energies into helping others or trying to pick up the pieces of their lives.

Katrina was much more insidious as it was the planned destruction of an entire city. It was an experiment in privatization which involved moving much of the population out of the city and destroying its infrastructure. Support systems were thus weakened or destroyed.

Blackwater was in New Orleans. Walmart sent trucks filled with water which were not let into the city. After the crisis, the public schools were privatized. The public housing projects were slated for demolition. There was one shock after another.

911 was horrific, but Katrina raised horror to a different level. We were lied to in New York about the safety of the air. But in New Orleans there wasn't even the pretense of lies. It was all there - the indifference, the brutality, the greed, the suffering, the planned incompetence - in plain sight for everyone to see.

And what is worse, is that the people of New Orleans were blamed. Everyone saw those pictures of looting in stores, but really, the ones who looted the whole city never incurred that type of noteriety.

So yes, I guess that there may be panic and a lot of deviant behavior if things get really bad. But I never liked the expression that people "are acting like animals". It's their leaders who act disgracefully, who set up the situation, and the people do what they can to survive.

[quote author=webglider]
911 was horrific, but Katrina raised horror to a different level. We were lied to in New York about the safety of the air. But in New Orleans there wasn't even the pretense of lies.

[/quote]

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "we were lied to in New York about the safety of the air". Could you please clarify?

We were lied to in New York about the safety of the air.

Remember? The health officials told everyone the air around ground zero was safe when in fact it was similar to breathing in volcanic ash full of toxic chemicals.

Air quality in NY was tremendously hazardous, after 911, one of the reasons, was the plastics used the computer housing, carpet, office furniture, and office components, that continualy burned for weeks and weeks under the rubble.

I was an engineer that helped produce the plastics, and it wasn't until after 911, that I checked out the MSDS sheets, because of the fires. The breakdown was really scary, and some of the suppliers were really scared of getting sued, but that would have brought the plastic suppliers into question; Exxon, DuPont, Dow, and GE. I started afterwards looking into the make-up of the most of the popular resins and was told to stop or lose my job, I did anyway. One of the components was, izodicarbonamides, which is illegal to "mine" in the USA, and is brought in from South Korea, its basically asbestose, that also used by McDonalds to keep there bread from molding, also an impact modifier for plastics.

I didn't stop and lost my job, "due to cutbacks," after 30 years in the industry.

Dick said:
One of the components was, izodicarbonamides, which is illegal to "mine" in the USA, and is brought in from South Korea, its basically asbestose, that also used by McDonalds to keep there bread from molding, also an impact modifier for plastics.

Funny that you mention this anti molding chemical while other topics directly deal with fungus diseases.

I guess the more widespread anti molding chemicals are, the more resistant fungus get.

Could there be a link between fungus proliferation as emphasized in the bat thread or the candida thread and development of new fungus strains due to spreading of antifungus chemicals in the environment ?

Back
Top Bottom