Komodo dragon

Guidestone

A Disturbance in the Force
Greetings! I am new to the forum and will write a short bio soon. This dream has me "excited" for some strange reason. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the topic.

In the dream I am in a house, mostly made of glass. It has two levels. While I am in the upper level I notice a white komodo dragon approaching the house. I have no fear of reptiles so I did not have any fear when I saw the approaching komodo. My reaction was more like seeing an unexpected guest arrive. The komodo starts circling the house growling. I then head to the lower level of the house. The komodo appears outside a floor to ceiling window, still growling. It watches me as I am pulling things from a white trash bag. The whole time I am thinking "What can I offer you to make you stop growling?"

That's when the alarm clock went off...

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Hello Guidestone and welcome to the forum!

Just a few thoughts about your dream: House refers to self. I think the two levels represent the centers (emotional, intellectual, moving). The upper floor is your higher centers, the lower floor representing the lower centers. When you are in the upper level, using the higher centers you can perceive the dragon (which I think is the predator) and are not afraid. You move to the lower level, and start using the lower centers, where you start grabbing garbage (doing what the predator wants) to feed the predator.

Thanks for the welcome and the insight.

It makes perfect sense since my upper and lower thought centers have been wrestling with one another rather intensely lately as indicated in previous dreams. I was hoping, however, the white color of the komodo would have had a more positive connotation.

Guidestone said:
I was hoping, however, the white color of the komodo would have had a more positive connotation.

My reading of the dream, fwiw, was that both the komodo and the "trash" bag were white, hence a not positive association.

Guidestone said:
I was hoping, however, the white color of the komodo would have had a more positive connotation.
I think manitoban's right on this, the fact that two things that you should perceive as negative, you see as 'white'/positive, may suggest two things.
Firstly black and white thinking, and reversed thinking (perceiving black as white).

Or where you thinking that maybe you'd found something to keep the predator from the door?

Perhaps the glowling produced fear produced or annoyance? If so it was using your emotions to generate the reaction it wanted.

RedFox said:
Guidestone said:
I think manitoban's right on this, the fact that two things that you should perceive as negative, you see as 'white'/positive, may suggest two things.
Firstly black and white thinking, and reversed thinking (perceiving black as white).

Or where you thinking that maybe you'd found something to keep the predator from the door?

Perhaps the glowling produced fear produced or annoyance? If so it was using your emotions to generate the reaction it wanted.

Maybe this white color has also other symbolic meanings.
- White includes all other colors so it might depict the nature of the predator : ever changing, encompassing all kinds of lower emotions and intellectual reasoning.
- white is usually associated with good/positive, so it might symbolize the cunning nature of the predator, a black wolf dressed up like a white lamb.

Back
Top Bottom