Keys To Spotting Self-Involvement

Laura said:
Well, I don't know if I am there yet. I still tend to want to stay open "just in case" I am wrong. I am also quite often so deluged with emails that I may interact with an individual via correspondence for some period of time before I realize that I am being "taken in." But eventually, they DO give themselves away one way or another. One, two or three very small clues. Usually, I don't even know what the clues are, I just know that I am uncomfortable and something is bugging me.
I'll tell you what. I'd be a big ol' Narcissist if I ran around claiming that I was "there" or "anywhere", for that matter, which unfortunately may be the very impression I am giving (sigh!) by writing with a certain conviction, provoked rather by passion and interest rather than taking a bit too much of a fancy to the podium. Oh well...its either that or try to figure out how to communicate in a "ponerologically correct" manner, which I wouldn't know how to do if I tried. Trying to tone myself down to sound less like a windbag...I would be too busy second-guessing myself to even think.

Humility and Pride are just two sides of the same coin, and it's a coin that doesn't really enthuse me at all, regardless of the impression. Actually, I don't really give a hoot who has what or where anyone is, including myself. I get confused by such references, and it seems such a chore to keep tabs. I'm just happy for the learning/dialogue.:)

Anyway, it would be nice if we could reach a stage, as something to look forward to, where we would not have to waste time in self doubt, regarding our selves and all others including psychopaths. And I guess that does mean being open to all input and all possibilites all the time. Well, theory is theory, and practice is tough...

EsoQuest said:
Anyway, it would be nice if we could reach a stage, as something to look forward to, where we would not have to waste time in self doubt, regarding our selves and all others including psychopaths. And I guess that does mean being open to all input and all possibilites all the time. Well, theory is theory, and practice is tough...
I know what you mean! I just decided that I'll stay that extra bit open just in case I'm wrong, even if I do suffer a bit of damage now and again. I try to minimize it, and I have a lot of people around me who help with that, so in the end, it comes out about even.

I just got a reply from Lobaczewski about my "problem" I wrote about last week in another thread (somewhere, there's so many I can't find stuff anymore). I'll clean it up (spelling and grammar, Polish to English glitches) and share some of it tomorrow.

Lucy said:
So there IS a precedent for the use of this particular word. I can assure you, Ruth, that anart and I didn't just randomly decide to use "psychophage" in this discussion. Nor did we use it as a way of "excluding" anyone on this forum by "subjective means."
My appologies, I didn't know that psychophage was already circulating in literature.

Lucy said:
When the psychopath, or psychophage, happens to be a parent, child or romantic partner, then no, there may not be a 'desire' to know, or to face, the truth. That is an extremely painful situation, and is, imo, one of the reasons psychopaths are so often 'inserted' into our lives in this way. And, in reference to Laura's quote above, perhaps after prolonged exposure to the psychopath a person may have acccumulated many "psychic hooks" in them, easily allowing the psychopath to continue to "play with them." So even someone who "wants" to know may have a tough time doing so, especially if it is true that the situation is not only psychological, but also physiological, in that it can ""deaden the thought processes self-defense capabilities" of the normal person.

Osit.

Lucy
So, what you seem to be saying is that they are psychopaths. Pure and simple. That makes it very easy to understand. Not OPs, not 'souled' STS. Easier to understand all round.

In all of this it is easy to forget that, just as we have all these challenges to confront on the outside, we have STS on the inside as well (which is where the psychopath finds the notches of "weakness" to hook into). And it occurs to me that individualized souls are INDIVIDUALS with a defined sense of self, which inner STS tries to warp into self-ishness.

So there is a challenge here to stay open and extend those boundaries into networking and cooperation, while maintaining inner integrity also without compromizing the integrity in others, and all of this in the face of raving psychopaths and rigid OP's that are pretty well camouflaged. I would say that walking a circus tight-rope over a flaming pit seems a piece of cake in comparison...

Laura said:
I know what you mean! I just decided that I'll stay that extra bit open just in case I'm wrong, even if I do suffer a bit of damage now and again. I try to minimize it, and I have a lot of people around me who help with that, so in the end, it comes out about even.
Ditto - I try to follow the "by their fruits shall you know them" concept. I can't say "yes that person is a psychopath" or "no that person is not a psychopath" but I *can* say "Yes, that person is exhibiting psychopathic tendencies". Even though sometimes it's just a few odd clues that suggest something is "off" about what the person says or does. But overall I don't think it's any ONE thing that can be used as any kind of deteminant of a psychopath, there are many many things that together add up to give a certain sense of the person. Just like no one thing proves 911 is a sham, but combination of many things. And even then it's never 100%, but can be pretty damn close! Though sometimes it is only ONE thing that makes you go "hmm what was THAT!?". In light of everything else that may be "good", it's easy to just brush that one weird thing under the rug, but that is probably one of those few little clues that might indicate that you should pay very very close attention. And the devil is in the details, just what that "thing" is is very important too.

The hardest thing, for me anyway, is to tell whether someone is a "normal" person who has been psychopathically conditioned, or a true psychopath trying to act normal. That's where those little (but significant) odd clues could help, but there's just never a guarantee. However, in the end, does it really matter? If it's a true psychopath, or a person acting like one, the only difference between them is potential - one has potential to change, the other does not. However, just because someone has the potential to not be a psychopath, does not mean they'll ever choose to change. After interacting with them for a while I might simply make the decision that regardless of whether they are a TRUE psychopath or just conditioned to act like one, the person has no interest to be anything else, at least for now. So instead of hoping that one day his/her empathy would "kick into gear", after a period of time I just move on - since I can be of no help.

But I can never totally "close" myself in the sense of having a conviction. Although the true psychopath, just like a non-psychopath, can say stuff like "oh my god! I realise how wrong I was now, I feel so terrible, can you ever forgive me?". So again, I'd be a fool to just assume that this person does have empathy after all. And in the end, "by their fruits shall you know them" still applies. Because a true psychopath will only adjust/refine his technique, he won't REALLY change in any fundemental way, so those clues and inconsistencies will still be there, perhaps in a different form. Maybe THAT can be a good test - after someone says he sincerely feels guilty and realises what he was doing, and then does something different, but fundementally the same in terms of its manipulative/psychopathic/etc nature, then you can be almost certain that it's a psychopath.

Some thoughts :)

One might also want to consider the influence of 4D STS in all of this. In other words, it may be that 4D STS assists the psychopath in fooling its victim. They tend to project a field, at least initially that is quite beguiling, almost like a narcotic.

On the other hand, we all have some STS tendencies and probably some link to 4D STS through them. It may not act in the same way as it does through psychopaths. If 4D STS can't get away with full possession, however, it may try to foil sincere attempts at cooperation by stimulating crisis whenever such attempts are made.

Of course time will tell in such a situation. On the other hand, that is if the stress doesn't just cause the parties attempting to cooperate to reject each other through constant misunderstanding, and/or making one or both parties look psychopathic or at least irritating to the point of calling down judgement.

In short, the synchronicities of the interactions between said parties may be foiled with a kind of irritating static. This would, in essence, be in opposition to the manner that all the moves the psychopath makes just happen to be the right ones to promote seduction. Its a matter, IMO, of balancing the throwing out of the bathwater with the keeping of the baby.

Just another variable in a long list of possibilites =D

EsoQuest said:
In short, the synchronicities of the interactions between said parties may be foiled with a kind of irritating static. This would, in essence, be in opposition to the manner that all the moves the psychopath makes just happen to be the right ones to promote seduction. Its a matter, IMO, of balancing the throwing out of the bathwater with the keeping of the baby.

Just another variable in a long list of possibilites =D
I remember the C's talking about something similar, namely the way 4th density STS were (and probably still are) trying to influence the interactions between Laura and Ark.

#97-02-01:
Q: (T) Remind me; I've got another observation to make about the people on the other end... (L) Is there an internal configuration or frequency level that makes it so that the persons who are selected to do this monitoring, or to be involved in any of this kind of activity, such as you have described, as in the words appearing on the screen, etc., so that they are definitely selected because of their STS orientation?
A: This process takes place naturally. Now, a warning for you. Frequency resonance modulations of vibration rate can be altered or modified from outside if one is not cautious and/or aware enough, and thus takes necessary precautions.
[Discussion]
Q: (L) Well, OK, we know that. So, in other words, not only the information channel...
A: Yours can, ours cannot! [Tape off]
Q: ...and they're letting them go and do it, because they figure it's going to be great, because everybody'll think it's just TV, it's just phony. And they are hoping it won't go. The whole thing all goes together. It's all linked together. Somebody's watching this stuff; it's disseminated through their organization, too. (L) I want to ask a question...
A: Now, remember technology can be used to "zap" you in a number of ways. For example... beware of any episodes of sudden storminess that may occur between you and Ark. [Tape off.]
Q: (J) ... arguments that just jump up out of nowhere... (L) We're aware of that... (T) That's something to keep in mind.
(L) What...? (J) It's been happening to us... (T) How many attacks have been generated to stop us? Lots! How many attacks have not happened, simply because this information is being disseminated amongst them? How many allies do we have there? (L) Probably a few. (T) It's growing... (L) I mean, TR and...
A: Maybe, but alliances that develop within the confines of certain "agencies" may be treated rather harshly.
Q: (L) Let me ask this quick, before anything else happens, just hold everything. I want to get it in. I have had, in the last couple of weeks; three very difficult falls, almost as if something was done. Now, Ark and TA perceive this as a deliberate attack on me physically. Is it, in fact, an attack on me physically?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) What is the purpose of these... well, it's pretty obvious. It's to put me out of commission. Is this the chief way that I generally get attacked?
A: Yes. And we are warning you now !!! Do not get distracted any further by worrying over details of preparations to this house for Arkadiusz's arrival. This is ridiculously unnecessary, and furthermore, diverts your energy and awareness to such an extent that it can leave you open to even the ultimate "hit" !!!! [Tape was turned off. Never turned back on.]
It seems such "influencing" would only effect our mechanical selves, so the more conscious we become, the less such tactics will work. But also, the more conscious and aware we are, perhaps the more protected we would be from that beguiling "field" emmitted by psychopaths.

I would personally find it interesting if Laura chose to share any specific examples of this higher negative "influence" in her life, and how she dealt with it. Have any particular activities increased these types of interpersonal relationship attacks, etc. Certainly anyone else who wishes to share something similar is more than welcome to.

SAO said:
I would personally find it interesting if Laura chose to share any specific examples of this higher negative "influence" in her life, and how she dealt with it. Have any particular activities increased these types of interpersonal relationship attacks, etc. Certainly anyone else who wishes to share something similar is more than welcome to.
Well, as happened a couple of times with the C's, the warning was slightly off. For example, on one occasion they warned about "cardiac issues." Shortly thereafter, my best friend died of cardiac arrest. Then, another occasion, there was a warning about breaking a leg. Shortly thereafter, the father of the woman from whom we rented our apartment in Gainesville (where Ark was teaching), broke his leg.

Nevertheless, we took the warning seriously and watched and observed. I don't know if we "headed troubles off," but we haven't had any such.

Can't say that about all the individuals who were there at the time. As ya'll might know, "Frank" got all agitated because I described him in an article (accurately) as somewhat "androgynous." I was trying to be kind because most people, on meeting him, just assumed he was gay and I didn't want anyone to be put off by his manner and appearance which was/is quite odd. Anyway, he got so huffy over that he left the group and later Vinnie Bridge roped him in to use as a pawn against us.

THAT relates to another warning from the C's:

Q: Well, Frank felt that the attack would come through Constellation, but I guess if Ark was sick, that would be sort of true, because then, he couldn't work. Is that why Frank picked it up that way?
A: Partly, but other complications lurk... Jealousies building with one who has a name with a "B."
Q: Any particular action to take to forestall that one?
A: Be on alert to conferences with others.
Q: Any particular action besides just being alert?
A: Not to this point.
That was in July of 2000. As it happens, I had stopped communicating with Vinnie in February of that year. I was busy writing the Wave Series. Then I received that bizarre email that prompted me to write to him and ask him what he thought about it since he claimed to be the expert on all the secret societies and mystical mumbo-jumbo. Here is the email:

To: <laura@cassiopaea.org>
Subject:
Date sent: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:25:39 -0700

Oh, it is possible to even concoct the wanderings that you have
concocted. Nevertheless, there is more to this story of Rennes, than
meets the eye...as the king might say.

Laughed my way, wholeheartedly, through your article! Le Cercle would be
most amused, in fact.

May Saturn husk hexagonal corn for you.....

D-
It's only after the fact, after seeing what kind of lies and games the guy is capable of that I realize that he probably wrote it himself just to trigger exactly that reaction... that I would "turn to his expertise..." But, all of that is in the Adventures Series. Funny that I only just now noticed that the warning from the C's came just a few days after I received the email. So certainly it might be that my own subconcious observed and processed things and knew more than it was telling me except via the C's. Always interesting conjectures!

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
The hardest thing, for me anyway, is to tell whether someone is a "normal" person who has been psychopathically conditioned, or a true psychopath trying to act normal. That's where those little (but significant) odd clues could help, but there's just never a guarantee. However, in the end, does it really matter? If it's a true psychopath, or a person acting like one, the only difference between them is potential - one has potential to change, the other does not. However, just because someone has the potential to not be a psychopath, does not mean they'll ever choose to change. After interacting with them for a while I might simply make the decision that regardless of whether they are a TRUE psychopath or just conditioned to act like one, the person has no interest to be anything else, at least for now. So instead of hoping that one day his/her empathy would "kick into gear", after a period of time I just move on - since I can be of no help.

But I can never totally "close" myself in the sense of having a conviction. Although the true psychopath, just like a non-psychopath, can say stuff like "oh my god! I realise how wrong I was now, I feel so terrible, can you ever forgive me?". So again, I'd be a fool to just assume that this person does have empathy after all. And in the end, "by their fruits shall you know them" still applies. Because a true psychopath will only adjust/refine his technique, he won't REALLY change in any fundemental way, so those clues and inconsistencies will still be there, perhaps in a different form. Maybe THAT can be a good test - after someone says he sincerely feels guilty and realises what he was doing, and then does something different, but fundementally the same in terms of its manipulative/psychopathic/etc nature, then you can be almost certain that it's a psychopath.
Boy, is this ever the truth! The whole crux of deciding what to do when faced with a person exhibiting pshycopathic behavior is focusing on the NOW! What does it matter if you think the person in question has the potential to be amazing, if they are not developing this potential NOW. Focusing on anything other than their present behavior is Wishful Thinking, and if you're going to do that, you may as well put parsley on your forehead, a little melted butter behind your ears and lie down on a big plate for the predator's dinner.

Laura said:
That was in July of 2000. As it happens, I had stopped communicating with Vinnie in February of that year. I was busy writing the Wave Series. Then I received that bizarre email that prompted me to write to him and ask him what he thought about it since he claimed to be the expert on all the secret societies and mystical mumbo-jumbo. Here is the email:

[...]

It's only after the fact, after seeing what kind of lies and games the guy is capable of that I realize that he probably wrote it himself just to trigger exactly that reaction... that I would "turn to his expertise..." But, all of that is in the Adventures Series. Funny that I only just now noticed that the warning from the C's came just a few days after I received the email. So certainly it might be that my own subconcious observed and processed things and knew more than it was telling me except via the C's. Always interesting conjectures!
Well if it was Vincent who wrote the email, then this news article is a funny little item. Why "Christaofer Richarde"?:

RGJ.com said:
Richarde tearfully apologizes for crash that killed teen
Martha Bellisle
Posted: 5/6/2003 11:42 pm

Just before an Incline Village man was sentenced Tuesday, a grief-stricken father sat with his back to the young man as he wept and apologized for the “cocky” and “stupid” driving that killed a teenager and injured two others.

“Loren, I am so sorry,” Christaofer Richarde, told the father of Weston Garrigan, who was a 16-year-old football and wrestling star before the fatal crash on Ski Way in Incline Village early last June.

“I’m so sorry, guys, for what I did,” Richarde told Tammy Widmeyer and Danielle Pearson, both severely injured when Richarde drove his Toyota 4-Runner into a tree.

“You put your trust in me and I failed you,” said Richarde, now 20.

His remarks in Washoe District Court came after many of the victims’ families had called him heartless and unapologetic.

Convinced that Richarde felt remorse, Judge Steven Kosach suspended a prison term on the two counts of reckless driving and sentenced him to five years of probation for the incident that shook the small Tahoe community.

Kosach also ordered Richarde to spend a year on house arrest, pay $177,500 in restitution and perform 500 hours of community service by visiting schools and talking with teens about being responsible drivers and wearing seat belts.

“I do not believe prison is warranted in this case because of the people we have in prison,” he said.

Loren Garrigan, father of the dead boy, then walked briskly from the courtroom, clearly shaken.

Richarde was at a party with the younger Garrigan, Widmeyer, then 14, and Pearson, then 15, when the group went for a drive, Deputy District Attorney Roger Whomes said.

Richarde hit the back roads at high speeds, spinning his 4-Runner in circles, before hitting a tree and sending Garrigan through the windshield, Whomes said. Garrigan later died of head injuries.

The impact broke both of Widmeyer’s legs. Pearson was struck on the head with a piece of metal. Richarde was the only one wearing a seat belt, Whomes said.

Many chastised Richarde for his apparent lack of empathy.

“Nobody has come to me and said: ‘I’m sorry. I killed your son,’” Loren Garrigan testified before sentence was imposed. “I’m living a nightmare. I’ve not committed enough sins to deserve this. Christaofer Richarde has given me a life sentence of misery.”

Wesley Garrigan’s mother, Pandora Bahlman, said she has agonized about the choices made that night — her son’s decision to get drunk and climb into the car, her failure to check up on the party.

“But if Wes’ decision resulted in his death, and my decision resulted in the death of my son, what should Chris’ punishment be?” she asked the judge.

Jackie Carter, Pearson’s mother, said she can’t understand Richarde’s coldness.

“One little boy died and a whole village cried, except you,” said Carter, pointing at Richarde and weeping. “The least you could do is cry.”

But Richarde’s lawyer, Scott Freeman, said the youth suffered a crippling remorse. Richarde didn’t contact the family because Freeman told him not to, he said.

Dawn Richarde, Chris’ mother, said she found her son on the couch one morning curled into a small ball.

“I don’t know if I can live with this,” she said he told her in a tormented voice. “I don’t think I can ever get up.”

“I really feel that Chris is living in his own prison of terrible anguish,” she said.

Heh i love you guys but your write too damn much, Take me a hour to catch up on this thread :-)

Magus - Props for the eloquent speech. Your ability to manipulate language verges on super-human.

On detecting psycopaths... very tough indeed. I've come to know them only after their actions reveal their true intentions. Luckily, fate it seems, has dropped enough of them across my path in order for me to become suspecious when i detect the their foul scent around new people. I'm not saying i cannot be fooled, but generally im pretty good. How do i do it? I dunno... call it intuition.

Wonder if it's the same guy? As it happens, Vinnie now is claiming that he actually wrote to the guy and got a response:

----- Original Message -----

To: christaofer@hotmail.com

Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 7:01 AM

Subject: Re: Message

Hi Christaofer,

How does Saturn husk hexagonal corn?

Do you know Fulcanelli's work?

What was so funny about the RLC material?

Thanks,
Dr. Strange

Christaofer Richarde <christaofer@hotmail.com>
Friday July 14, 2000
Re: Message

The Orion class is one of the newer waves of study in the Arcadian pantheon of knowledge. There is some basis for your conclusions, yet, some are like seeds, not yet disclosing the full reality. Like a plant which emerges form the ground. There are much older traditions.

Saturn is "rumoured" to have taught agriculture, but the real deal is the Universal Crystallic, which is hexagonal in measure. Take a look at the symmetry of atmospheric conditions around the planet Saturn, discovered 1988. Very fun, indeed.

As for alchemy. May the Red and Blue field open for you the Majesty of the Magenta Path. Maybe some Purple Haze along the way...

D-
My guess is that it is still Vinnie making stuff up. The giveaway is what he wrote back to me after this first contact after 5 months of publishing chapters of the Wave:

Date sent: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:47:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Questions
To: <lark2@ozline.net>

on 7/12/00 8:42 AM, Laura Knight-Jadczyk at lark2@ozline.net wrote:

> Hi,
> Received the following e-mail yesterday. If this guy is for real, then the
> "bait" of the Rennes articles have gotten a nibble. If he's a wannabe, then
> no
> cigar. On the other hand, it could be a veiled threat.
>
> What do you make of the peculiar references?
>
> Laura
>
>
> From: "Christaofer Richarde" <christaofer@hotmail.com>
> To: <laura@cassiopaea.org>
> Subject:
> Date sent: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:25:39 -0700
>
> Oh, it is possible to even concoct the wanderings that you have
> concocted. Nevertheless, there is more to this story of Rennes, than
> meets the eye...as the king might say.
>
> Laughed my way, wholeheartedly, through your article! Le Cercle would be
> most amused, in fact.
>
> May Saturn husk hexagonal corn for you.....
>
> D-
>
> *********************************
> Ark and Laura Jadczyk
> http://www.cassiopaea.org

Dear Laura,

Good to hear from you again. I've been enjoying your recent work very much,
but before we get to that, let's look at this peculiar email.

That first sentence is a doozy. Did he mean to leave out the negative ? How
do we read it if he did? I think it should read: "Oh, it's possible to
concoct the wanderings you have concocted." Does that mean that he thinks
you made it up or is he agreeing that They made it all up?

Second sentence seems to be cliched, until you think about it. What king
ever said that? He seems to be saying that there is more to your tale of
Rennes than appears on the page. This is of course either perceptive, or
merely a cleaver shot in the dark. So what king does he mean? Elvis? Or
Clovis?

The next two sentences are truly bizarre. That he laughed is OK, sense of
humor is always a plus. The mention of The Cercle is interesting indeed. Is
this something that you mentioned somewhere. Have any idea where he picked
up this usage?

OK, the last line is the kicker and the jury is still out. Here's what I
think: Saturn is the indicator of the moment, Fulcanelli's hieroglyph of the
age. Husking corn is laying bare the golden heart of the ear, remember what
the C's say about sound? Hexagonal corn is a great metaphor. The hex is the
quintessiental arrangement of the four triangular elements, and therefore,
as six is a perfect number, a symbol of the perfected great work. Corn of
course is either a reference to the Bles from the RLC manuscript, or some
other kind of joke, as in corny.

So, he's either saying: "May Time reveal the ultimate alchemical secret," or
he's saying: "May Fate reveal you as crazy in the quest," or "may you be
hexed to the corny."

Now, we know from his handle Chris-tao-fer, that he likes to play games with
words, and unless you said more than I think I remember you saying, then he
has done some reading on his own. My assessment is that he is a smart kid
wanna-be who wants to get your attention, and so inflates his importance. Or
that is the way he has chosen to sound in order to get your interest and at
the same time disarm you to his possible true intentions.

What you do with him is up to you. I think, unless you have any objections,
that I will email him and ask what he knows about Fulcanelli. Should be
interesting either way.

Now, on to other stuff.

Well, The Wave is great and has caused no small amount of ripples in our
small community of galactic-alignment-ologists. Have you seen Dr. La
Violette's new book? Check it out, seriously.

Look, you are sailing very close to the wind for someone who hasn't resolved
their own ideational loops and behavioral programming. I don't mean this
unkindly, even the C's at one point say the same thing. Have you found your
super-hypnotherapist to help you?

You are more right than I think you realize. There are still a few problems
with how you are putting the facts together, in my not so humble opinion.
But I'll quibble with the devil, given the chance.

Ask yourself this: Why did Dee need Kelley in order to make contact?

F*** functions as Dee did, so who does that make Kelley? The gap in you
allows the info to flow through, indicating that you at some point had a
variety of "programming," perhaps one that didn't entirely take. Their worst
fear is that some one who was once inside will use Their "skills" against
them. A half programmed subject would have the "gap" that invites possession
and channeling but would not have the implants and the loops to support it
properly within the covert structure. Therefore, if a failed subject should
learn how to do the basic trick, or be herded into it by co-incidence or
whatever, then they could tune into what I call channel 23, the free will
de-programming information source. Using their own devices against Them
gives the free-will party a certain leverage. Who knows what you are
triggering people!

Laura, we so need to talk. In the spring of 1992, April and early May, I
spent, according to my log book, over ten hours in two weeks talking to Dr.
Cory Hammond, the author of your Greenbaum speech. My former partner, Dr.
Jean Templeton, was actually at the conference where he gave the speech.

Please call me, anytime, at 910-439-4263. Or send me your number and I'll
call you on my dime.

Vincent
He was pretty anxious to get his hands on my psyche! He just disposed of the Richarde guy and got right to the point: trying to convince me that I needed him and right NOW!

Well, I was so green I took the bait. I DID have reservations, but as I said about psychopaths above, even when I have reservations and funny feelings, I still try to stay open and give everyone a chance. By email and over the phone, Vinnie is really engaging. It's only when you meet him in person that the full warning bells start clanging.

Laura said:
Well, as happened a couple of times with the C's, the warning was slightly off. For example, on one occasion they warned about "cardiac issues." Shortly thereafter, my best friend died of cardiac arrest. Then, another occasion, there was a warning about breaking a leg. Shortly thereafter, the father of the woman from whom we rented our apartment in Gainesville (where Ark was teaching), broke his leg.
This is just a speculation, but I wonder if the C's somehow detect a certain kind of energy (like breaking a leg might have a specific energy/resonance that is unique to just that experience), and that energy is somehow related to you or someone that has a "connection" to you, like some sort of group karma? It's like a group of people entering a mine field, and at least one person has a good chance to step on a mine, you just don't know who or when exactly. So perhaps that "energy" is sort of similar to the minefield analogy in the way C's perceive it. I know the future is open and fluid, but there are also cycles, patterns, karmic stuff, energies, you name it - so some stuff can be predicted with a certain degree of "error", whether it is timing or who it happens to or even what happens (like that Merlin project, if it's real, supposedly detects time cycles and future emotional "waves", but does not know what the actual events will be). I think the type of errors the C's make give some clues as to their perception, in a certain limited sense.

Oh and Craig, THAT is an interesting article! Forgive my ignorance if I'm not understanding something, but is that the same person that emailed Laura or a freaky coincidence of some sort?

In regards to feminine vampires and psychophages and running the "powerful champion" archetype, I think that the movie, THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT'S WOMAN with Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons may be a good example of this phenomenon. (that was my interpretation after spending some time with Laura's psychopath material and recently seeing the movie.)

It is very difficult indeed to label someone as a psychopath. Yet it is not impossible (I refuse to think it is impossible) and some damage would had to be accepted because of the interaction (damage which will be, of course, the effect of the interaction with a psychopath, thus, the "evidence" [well, how can I point you have hurted me until you effectively hurt me?]). From my reading of you all, I can say the absence of faults (its perfection) is clearly a definitive sign to recognize a psychopath: Always with the correct answer. Always with the proper thing to say. Always with the truth on it's lips/actions/thoughts.
Very intelligent. Correcting everybody. Quite charming. Quite rational.
Always with the saving element and always with a exquisite tact as to present a faultless personality -in a moral sense, mind you. It would be the purity it's self and, at any risk of not to obtain this, will be the victim of all the monsters around (meta-moral).
This radicalization of the moral (now a sublime purity, but then the most abused individual of all, if this fits it's aims), cannot jump over the facts where, indeed, the actions contradict, or fail to demonstrate, what was said.
If such a characters is always INCREDIBLY HAPPY and, when going upset or touched goes incredibly upset or touched, acting the opposite sides of the spectrum without efforts.... (or learning new tricks to get upset about -where it formerly would not go upset) I have seen this (was married with one), it takes them the time it takes to turn the head to portray on their attitude the other side of the universe of a personality.
THATS quite amazing! And as Laura said: Once one has seen it with one's own eyes (when one had smell it), well, it remains there, i tell you!
It always acts following what is on it's convenience (even if this traps it back!). It will shape the events, even coming with new version of the events, if this fits its convenience. The ones with low-profile might even forget events or act as if nothing has happened. Again, all this in a regular base. As regular as to reach the seat of the psychopath, indeed.
The idea EsoQuest exposes of manipulating our imagination, is one of the most accurate signs one could expect from a psychopathic character: Such a manipulation will always follow its script and we cannot sense it if we dont get to taste it. So it is not free to be in contact with a psychopath and, I think, to want to be safe from such a contact, is wishful thinking: There ARE accidents. Is this going to stop us from living our lifes? Well, dont hurry on the answer: It SHOULD not!
The manipulations. The "purity" of the heartache it leaves behind. The deepness of the lyes.... Those things do not leaves you eager to see another day! Yet, they ARE THERE. They have been there since ever and will remain there. And we WILL meet one, sooner or latter (I am sorry, I dont want to be apocalyptic. I hope you will never meet one).
We are talking about a film. We are describing it. Every cut. Every effect. Every line. Every technical detail and every histrionic expression is being elaborated on the analysis table -but those reading most go and see the film and most, unfortunately, cry on it or, fortunately, laugh about it.
Because, I think, just besides the artistry of the psychopath to elude detection, lyes a instinctive perception on us (of danger; of puzzlement; of of "cognitive dissonance"; etc). The thing is, we do not always pay attention or consider it real (we think we are dealing with humans), and to that, practice and only practice is in order (not saying to explain the movie is useless: We most know about it to then be able to go and see it. But we most go and see it).
I refuse to stop interacting (this last and next sentences has not been proposed here, i am aware of that). I refuse to stay at home feeling "safe" (theres the TV!). I refuse to wish not to have the same experience i have gone through: I might! And as I see the world, I am sure i WILL.
The only thing we can do, is precisely what we are doing: To give our experience. To state again and again "not all who seems psychopaths, are psychopaths -it could be a soul in struggle!". To expose information. To share experiences. To "test" those we suspect of, but with respect (if such a thing is possible, "testing", but with "respect", as a psychopath would do! -although I guess the character who has earned our suspects can be excused of our respect for a while, right?). To support. To understand there are strangers on this forest and they look like this and like that.
That they look like us.

Back
Top Bottom