Kevin Barrett

A

Arlo_usa

One of the latest flaps here in the US is a contoversy over Kevin
Barrett's proposed course at the University of Wisconsin.

Part of the course presents evidence that "9-11" was an inside job.

Naturally, the reactionary hacks at Fox tried to belittle him during a 5
minute interview. Barrett refused to be intimidated by Hannity, nor permit
Hannity to talk over him. Barrett did a remarkable job.

Here's the link:

http://www.911podcasts.com/files/video/Barrett/H&C-
Barrett-July10.wmv

When I tried at 11:20 AM EDT I was not able to get link. I got this message:

Not Found
The requested URL /files/video/Barrett/H&C- was not found on this server.

Is there an alternate url I can use?

Thanks,

Craig S

Yes that's a remarkable piece. What was striking was Barrett's ability to keep thinking, to keep going with his train of thought under the pressure and emotional triggers that were being thrown at him: "nut jobs like YOU" ... "I wish I had the theme from the twilight zone for this" ... "isn't the real issue here whether YOU are suitable to teach" and so on.

An example I think of Lobaczewski's description of "psychological immunization". That when a person wakes from Ponerological influence, there can grow then, an independence of thought that "traditional methods" used by Fox and the like to psychologically 'shut people down' can no longer influence.

Sean Hannity just didn't know what to say to the guy, not capable of presenting ANY real questions, only crude remarks. Hannity seemed to depend on emotional triggers and 'pathological arrogance' for control and when these didn't work, where the would-be victim was armed with the ability to think for himself, present information and maintain good humour, there was nowhere to go but to pull the plug. "Fair and balanced", as long as one is willing to be the victim it would seem.

Kevin Barrett's immunity to Sean Hannity's tactics brought this from Lobaczwski to mind. http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/political_ponerology_lobaczewski.htm

Lobaczwski said:
Parallel to the development of practical knowledge and a language of insider communication, other psychological phenomena take form; they are truly significant in the transformation of social life under pathocratic rule, and discerning them is essential if one wishes to understand individuals and nations fated to live under such conditions and to evaluate the situation in the political sphere. They include people's psychological immunization and their adaptation to life under such deviant conditions.

The methods of psychological terror (that specific pathocratic art), the techniques of pathological arrogance, and the striding roughshod into other people's souls initially have such traumatic effects that people are deprived of their capacity for purposeful reaction; I have already adduced the psychophysiological aspects of such states. Ten or twenty years later, analogous behavior can be recognized as well-known buffoonery and does not deprive the victim of his ability to think and react purposefully. His answers are usually well-thought-out strategies, issued from the position of a normal person's superiority and often laced with ridicule. Man can look suffering and even death in the eye with the required calm. A dangerous weapon falls out of ruler's hands.

We have to understand that this process of immunization is not merely a result of the above described increase in practical knowledge of the macro-social phenomenon. It is the effect of a many-layered, gradual process of growth in knowledge, familiarization with the phenomenon, creation of the appropriate reactive habits, and self-control, with an overall conception and moral principles being worked out in the meantime. After several years, the same stimuli which formerly caused chilly spiritual impotence or mental paralysis now provoke the desire to gargle with something strong so as to get rid of this filth.

It was a time, when many people dreamed of finding some pill which would make it easier to endure dealing with the authorities or attending the forced indoctrination sessions generally chaired by a psychopathic character. Some antidepressants did in fact prove to have the desired effect. Twenty years later, this had been forgotten entirely.

When I was arrested for the first time in 1951, force, arrogance, and psychopathic methods of forcible confession deprived me almost entirely of my self-defense capabilities. My brain stopped functioning after only a few days' arrest without water, to such a point that I couldn't even properly remember the incident which resulted in my sudden arrest. I was not even aware that it had been purposely provoked and that conditions permitting self-defense did in fact exist. They did almost any-thing they wanted to me.

When I was arrested for the last time in 1968, I was interrogated by five fierce-looking security functionaries. At one particular moment, after thinking through their predicted reactions, I let my gaze take in each face sequentially with great attentiveness. The most important one asked me, "What's on your mind, buster, staring at us like that?" I answered without any fear of consequences: "I'm just wondering why so many of you gentleman's careers end up in a psychiatric hospital." They were taken aback for a while, whereupon the same man exclaimed, "Because it's such damned horrible work!" "I am of the opinion that it's the other way round", I calmly responded. Then I was taken back to my cell.

Three days later, I had the opportunity to talk to him again, but this time he was much more respectful. Then he ordered me to be taken away - outside, as it turned out. I rode the streetcar home past a large park, still unable to believe my eyes. Once in my room, I lay down on the bed; the world was not quite real yet, but exhausted people fall asleep quickly. When I awoke, I spoke out loud: Dear God, aren't you supposed to be in charge here in this world!"

At that time, I knew not only that up to 1/4 of all secret police officials wind up in psychiatric hospitals. I also knew that their "occupational disease" is the congestive dementia formerly encountered only among old prostitutes. Man cannot violate the natural human feelings inside him with impunity, no matter what kind of profession he performs. From that view-point, Comrade Captain was partially right. At the same time, however, my reactions had become resistant, a far cry from what they had been seventeen years earlier.

All these transformations of human consciousness and unconsciousness result in individual and collective adaptations to living under such systems. Under altered conditions of both material and moral limitations, an existential resourcefulness emerges which is prepared to overcome many difficulties. A new network of the society of normal people is also created for self-help and mutual assistance.

This society acts in concert and is aware of the true state of affairs; it begins to develop ways of influencing various elements of authority and achieving goals which are socially useful. ...The opinion that society is totally deprived of any influence upon government in such a country is thus inaccurate. In reality, society does co-govern to a certain extent, sometimes succeeding and sometimes failing in its attempt to create more tolerable living conditions. This, however, occurs in a manner totally different from what happens in democratic countries.

These processes: cognitive, psychological immunization, and adaptation permit the creation of new interpersonal and societal links, which operate within the scope of the large majority we have already called the "society of normal people."

Back
Top Bottom